Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Novak Djokovich rolled his ankle during a match my friend was watching, but managed to finish playing.
    This is not him. If seeing the sole of a man's foot facing skyward when he isn't doing a handstand makes you ill, don't watch this:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I know there's a lot people that doesn't follow college baseball and I don't really follow sports but I saw this link at the AV Club and... I don't fucking believe this...

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/04/1...id=ob_sisports

Central Arkansas beats Grambling... 30-0... one guy hits 2 homers and a grand slam.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    my isles are so close....

EDIT!!!!
    WE ARE IN!
    Last edited by dogsipod; 04-23-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dogsipod View Post
    my isles are so close....

EDIT!!!!
    WE ARE IN!
    Too bad you don't have Timmy Thomas. Oh wait, I hear he is a big, fat mountain man that you will never cross into your rink. Too bad.
    Last edited by Dra508; 04-24-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Congrats on the Isles making it back to the dance! I'm super happy for Nabby. I'm pulling for you guys in the East. Sharks clinched last night as well. Looking more and more likely that it's going to be a first round matchup between SJ and LA which should equate to a good series.

Crazy to think that Detroit could conceivably miss the playoffs after making it the last 21 years.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    2013 NBA Playoffs: The year Kid Charlemagne gets his revenge.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    2013 NBA Playoffs: The year Kid Charlemagne gets his revenge.
    I attended last night's game. It was the first Lakers/Spurs game where Laker fans were quiet and left early. It's how Spurs game should be.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Wonder if the hockey Gods will let us have a Leafs/Habs 1st rounder. That would be awesome and a must see for any hockey fan.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I attended last night's game. It was the first Lakers/Spurs game where Laker fans were quiet and left early. It's how Spurs game should be.
    I'm fucked.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    I'm not ready to pull my broom out yet, but honestly Steve Blake had been their best player this entire series so far. His injury hurts more than Nash's.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Wonder if the hockey Gods will let us have a Leafs/Habs 1st rounder. That would be awesome and a must see for any hockey fan.
    Go Leafs!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Go Leafs!
    Yeah... I will let that one pass.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Damn the Oilers are destroying Minnesota. Hoping Lumbus makes the playoffs. Minnesota

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My Packers picked up a nice addition to the run game with Alabama's Eddie Lacy. The fact that Lacy, who most viewed as the best running back in the entire draft, took that long to get scooped up was a shocker to me. Also, Rodgers signed the biggest guarantee in NFL history...62.5 million for 5 years? Sweet zombie jesus!

THIS IS OUR YEAR, BABY.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    My Packers picked up a nice addition to the run game with Alabama's Eddie Lacy. The fact that Lacy, who most viewed as the best running back in the entire draft, took that long to get scooped up was a shocker to me. Also, Rodgers signed the biggest guarantee in NFL history...62.5 million for 5 years? Sweet zombie jesus!

THIS IS OUR YEAR, BABY.
    Lacy is alright, thought Monte Ball was the best RB in the draft in my opinion. I still think Green Bay needs to find some consistency on the D side, there were times where they just looked tired and got burned later in the season.

This has been one of the worst drafts I can remember though. Lots of good role players and pro-bowlers, nobody I'd exactly say is going to make an instant impact.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, of course everyone needs defense, which is what everyone was expecting. Too many teams are offense-heavy, relying on just outscoring the other team instead of stopping them from scoring at all (see: Green Bay) but Lacy is more than just alright, he carries for deep yardage and he's big so harder to bring down. It's just what Green Bay needs; every other team knows GB has relied on Rodgers' air game so they've played safetys hella deep to shut him down, knowing that GB's run game was still kinda weak. Now I predict those safetys inching a taaaaad bit closer to the line knowing that if Rodgers can't toss it, he can put it in to some very capable hands.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My 49ers have put together a strong draft, adding to an already tough defense (2 pass rushers rated as first round talent) and now adding Marcus Lattimore, RB, late. He could be a steal if he regains form after his physical rehab. So, actually, I believe it's the 49ers' year and the first victim, again, is Green Bay. It'll be interesting to see how that low rated defense deals with Kaepernick, this time (Alex Smith beat them, last year). This should be another fun year!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well, of course everyone needs defense, which is what everyone was expecting. Too many teams are offense-heavy, relying on just outscoring the other team instead of stopping them from scoring at all (see: Green Bay) but Lacy is more than just alright, he carries for deep yardage and he's big so harder to bring down. It's just what Green Bay needs; every other team knows GB has relied on Rodgers' air game so they've played safetys hella deep to shut him down, knowing that GB's run game was still kinda weak. Now I predict those safetys inching a taaaaad bit closer to the line knowing that if Rodgers can't toss it, he can put it in to some very capable hands.
    Lacy is good, I don't know if he's the #1 RB that they need. Him and James Starks are going to be productive if they split carries equally, but I think if they want to get some pressure of A-Rod (me being a Cowboy fan, I ain't ashamed to say that Rodgers is my favorite QB without the last name of Manning), they need a running back who can at least net 1,000 yards a season. To me that was their biggest offensive weakness last year was the lack of a solid RB who can take over.

As for the 49ers, @Ruined , I think they've had the best draft. Eric Reid and Marcus Lattimore are going to be pros for a while. Their defense got better, and with Kap under center for a whole season, I won't be surprised if they're back at the Super Bowl next year. They also bent over the Cowboys with a trade for picks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    As for the 49ers, @Ruined, I think they've had the best draft. Eric Reid and Marcus Lattimore are going to be pros for a while. Their defense got better, and with Kap under center for a whole season, I won't be surprised if they're back at the Super Bowl next year. They also bent over the Cowboys with a trade for picks.
    In all seriousness, I'm just grateful that the 49ers finally have a good front office, and team, again. Prior to Harbaugh/Baalke, it was a long decade. I cannot wait for the regular season to begin! As for Lattimore, given his injury, and from what I've read about him, I'm really pulling for him to succeed as he seems to be a stand-up guy with a world of talent and character. It reminds me of when the 49ers took a chance on Frank Gore, in the third round: The consensus was that he would have been a high first rounder had he not also suffered a horrific knee injury during his senior year out of Miami. Fortunately, he got the chance and ended up breaking the 49ers' career rushing mark. I love a good comeback story; hopefully Lattimore overcomes his injury. One thing's for sure, the guy works hard and he is a high character player. Further, with the 49ers' RB depth, they have the luxury of letting him rehab for a year. Glad the 49ers took a chance on him, as well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Sharks/Canucks round 1! Predictions later.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Sharks/Canucks round 1! Predictions later.
    IT BEGINS. I'm not too optimistic about our chances, but imagine if Luongo's last season as a Canuck ended with the Cup...?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    IT BEGINS. I'm not too optimistic about our chances, but imagine if Luongo's last season as a Canuck ended with the Cup...?
    I'm guessing Lou gets the first few starts with Schneider being injured. Going to be a great series (still upset from the WCF in 2011).

Here's my predictions. I should note that I'm terrible at this.

Penguins over Isles in 5 (sorry @dogsipod !)
    Montreal over Ottawa in 6
    Rangers over Caps in 7
    Leafs over Bruins in 6

Hawks over Wild in 4
    Wings over Ducks in 6
    Sharks over Nucks in 6
    Kings over Blues in 7

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Go Leafs!
    Yeah... I will let that one pass.
    Aww, I'm sorry. Bruins had to lose last night to get The Leafs and NOT The Sens. Too bad for you.

I on the other hand am going to disagree with Blackholesun's prediction for The B's. They've done well against Toronto this year - better chance, not the best. Lucic has to freaking play first.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Yeah, too bad. However, Boston/Toronto will be nothing short of amazing. This will be a physical series for sure.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Putting all Bruins fans on motherfucking notice. Starting on Wednesday first you a get smack...

And then you get a crack...

And then some brown sugar....

And then some fucking crow

Leafs in 6 baby. We're baaaaaaaaaack.

Dra if you have the stones let's make some kind of friendly wager.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post

Dra if you have the stones let's make some kind of friendly wager.
    Hey sineater. I knew this one would flesh you out of your rat's nest.

I'm so conflicted since I know The Nonis'. How many years has it been since your guys made the playoffs?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Of course sineater is a Leafs fan.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Media's going nuts today over a gay player and Tim Tebow. Shockingly they're two separate stories.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Schneider is practicing today, and they say if he gets a full practice in, expect him to start. Gonna be at the first game on Wed. night, can't fuckin' wait! CANUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Leafs fans. Let's keep it real. Not only are you not getting aywhere near the cup this year but chances are Boston will finish you faster than Linsday Lohan snorting an 8 ball.