Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Fire Gary Bettman! Useless twat...nice to see the THIRD work stoppage/lockout under your knuckle-dragging regime.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Bettman is a total cockbag, but fuck all of them, it's a bunch of millionaires arguing about money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't believe they learned nothing from the last lockout. Hey Buttman, remember all those fans you pissed off by taking away their sport for an entire year? Remember how NOBODY likes you already? Remember how you get booed every time you make a public appearance? This isn't going to help

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Dra and I are no longer friends.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Dra and I are no longer friends.
    ++doing the cabbage patch++

Mwaaaaaahhhhh

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just came back from a week long road trip to find the NHL locked out. Fuck you Buttmane and fuck the NHL. The game has improved ten-fold since the last lockout and that's still not enough?

At least there is another local semi-professional team now. And the A's making a playoff push.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone else hate the addition of a second wild card team?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I've never seen, in my entire life, someone get as robbed of a win as badly as Green Bay just did. Possibly the worst call in pro sports history.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    If this doesn't get settled, we could be in for the worst football season ever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone have a youtube link?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The worst thing I've seen in a long ass time.

1. The refs making OPPOSING calls immediately after the interception.
    2. Seattle being smug as fuck about it instead of just the sliiiightest bit of humility, when they obviously know damn well they stole the win.

Apparently if you catch a ball, and I wrap my arms around your arms and the ball, I caught it. Score!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Really, really awful.. and they were actually doing a decent job for a good part of the game. Then it all fell apart in the last quarter. Here's an ESPN link: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8422506

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If you pause it at 1:26 you can actually see Jennings holding the ball and Tate just holding on to his forearms and nothing else LOL.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    gil-head-explode-again.gif

This accurately describes me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm a Packer fan through and through, so I'm steaming about this..two hours later. Not only did Tate clearly commit offensive pass interference when he shoved the cornerback, but Jennings CLEARLY HAD THE BALL PINNED AGAINST HIS BODY. Ugh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Worst call in the history of the NFL! Sorry Packers 99.9% of the time my beloved Hawks would have never gotten that call but hey refs made the bad call and our team or the Packers can't do anything about it sorry guys.....its now HISTORY! Sad but true. Sorry October but when you have one of the youngest teams in the NFL and Pete Carroll as your head coach humility is thrown out the window. I am not happy with what transpired at the end but hey I/Fans/Team can't do a damn thing about it. I feel for the Packers and they have every right to be angry but blame the NFL.

If this had the be the game that was the tipping point for the NFL to get their shit together so be it! it's pretty embarrassing to be honest that a multi Billion dollar sports business has its officials locked out. Hope this leads to an agreement fast! Get your shit together Owners and Goodell!

In other Seattle news that I am sure will upset some people the Good Ole Edmonton Oilers are considering a move to my beautiful city and I guess their owners are here exploring the possibilities especially with the whole new arena thingy a sure thing. But something tells me this is just to mess with the city of Edmonton and get the deal they want there.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 09-25-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    This is all bad PR for the NFL, but as long as we all keep watching, Goodell doesn't need to negotiate....

Oh yeah, despite The Packers not getting the interception (they are my D) I'm the only undefeated team in ETS Fantasy Football. Wooo wooo... And I'm playing myself this week. That's got to be illegal, but tough - I'm winning. I know it won't last so I'm going to dance dance dance.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    This is why sports will always be a pathetic shadow for war. "Let's got to instant replay!" is trumped by "Oh shit! Those are my brains on the grou--"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Everything about the call has already been said on here. But I'm glad something like this happened to the Packers, absolutely hate the majority of their fanbase outside of Wisconsin. Second biggest bunch of asshole fanse outside of Steeler Nation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lol not surprised the result was never gonna get reversed sorry to say that. As for the Offensive PI on Tate. The NFL can say that was miss but the chances of that ever being called on an Hail Mary/Last second toss up to the endzone are extremely remote to nil.

Hope the NFL/Owners/Goodell get their shit straight and seriously engage with the Refs Union to get a deal done as soon as possible.

The Hawks didn't ref this game. Some Hawks players like Beastmode Lynch have already come out and stated that this wasn't how they wanted the game to end and get a result. So I wish some people would stop blaming our team. Blame the system.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    In other Seattle news that I am sure will upset some people the Good Ole Edmonton Oilers are considering a move to my beautiful city and I guess their owners are here exploring the possibilities especially with the whole new arena thingy a sure thing. But something tells me this is just to mess with the city of Edmonton and get the deal they want there.
    No offense to your fair city, but before the NHL considers moving teams, they need to hammer out a new CBA (NOW), and consider getting rid of a few teams. Nobody cares about either team in FL, nobody cares about Dallas, and the NHL are the only ones who care about the Coyotes. Plus, the Seattle Oilers just sounds stupid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
    No offense to your fair city, but before the NHL considers moving teams, they need to hammer out a new CBA (NOW), and consider getting rid of a few teams. Nobody cares about either team in FL, nobody cares about Dallas, and the NHL are the only ones who care about the Coyotes. Plus, the Seattle Oilers just sounds stupid
    Yeah that's why I said that most likely it is just a ploy for the current ownership to work over Edmonton into giving into their demands. Kinda like the situation in Pittsburgh a few years ago. Plus the Oilers are a very big part of Edmonton. I would never want such a beloved team to leave a great fan base like that.

In the end the Oilers will remain in Edmonton where they rightfully belong. We are just a pawn in their game.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 09-26-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Yeah that's why I said that most likely it is just a ploy for the current ownership to work over Edmonton into giving into their demands. Kinda like the situation in Pittsburgh a few years ago. Plus the Oilers are a very big part of Edmonton. I would never want such a beloved team to leave a great fan base like that.

In the end the Oilers will remain in Edmonton where they rightfully belong. We are just a pawn in their game.
    Which sucks big time for you guys. I think hockey might actually work in Seattle (and could form a really good western conference division w/ Edmonton, Vancouver, Calgary, and either CO or Winnipeg). I remember reading about the Pens visiting KC and thinking what a joke it was, and thankfully, they stayed in Pittsburgh. Ha consolidate the Bolts & the Panthers & move them to Seattle. Problem solved

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Play Forte or not, Play Bradshaw or not. Oh what to do what to do....

And if the NHL stays locked out for a longer time, no one is going to care and the business is going to go even more in the shitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://deadspin.com/5947408/falcons-...enter?tag=espn

One of the best things to happen to SportsCenter in a long time, meow.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ^^^^ Very subtle.

The Brothers Johnson have lost to Cruzzing. I lost to myself.. Fuuuuuccccckkkkkkkk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Shhit my team got crushed this week.

A's can clinch a playoff spot today. Just need either one win or one loss by both the Rays or Angels. If they sweep Texas, they'll be AL West champs but I don't see that happening. Kinda scared about playing the Yankees or Orioles for just one game.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    BFY and I had ourselves a low scoring suck fest this week...and I won.