Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    trish99? She's a ghost.
    And I've been haunting your dreams. I know you missed me. You might as well just admit it.

Ew, that's vaguely creepy, sorry.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish99 View Post

And I've been haunting your dreams. I know you missed me. You might as well just admit it.

Ew, that's vaguely creepy, sorry.
    Hawt.

Nice to "see" mah gurl again.
    Last edited by Dra508; 07-28-2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Because talking like a 15 year old is makes me cool, err no.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    For some reason the Daily Mail seems most taken with the women's beach volleyball at the Olympics

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ain-storm.html

can think why

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    For some reason the Daily Mail seems most taken with the women's beach volleyball at the Olympics

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ain-storm.html

can think why
    Turned on beach volleyball only to see that the girls were wearing shirts and tights. Fucking shirts and tights!!!

England must be banned from hosting the Olympics forever for this... you hear me BANNED FOREVAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    So we got seven right now, still five spots open. I'm also thinking of inviting two outsiders to round it out if we need to, so please let me know if you're looking for a Fantasy Football invite.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Prob cos it was night and it was cold. Some beach volleyball games not starting till after 10pm

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    So we got seven right now, still five spots open. I'm also thinking of inviting two outsiders to round it out if we need to, so please let me know if you're looking for a Fantasy Football invite.
    Any chance we can move the draft up a day?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Any chance we can move the draft up a day?
    If this is fine with everyone else, yes.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Fine by me.

Actually doing really well in fantasy baseball this year. First place in spite of my anemic constant free agent pickup offense. My pitching has been just lights out for the most part.

Still stoked that the A's are doing so great. Hopefully they can keep this up for another 2 months. My heart says yes, my head says no. At least the Angels and Rangers both lost today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I'm going to be in a Fantasy Football league and I know nothing about football other than the rules, the Mannings, the player formerly known as Ochocinco, and Tebow. Our draft is in a couple weeks and any help you'd be willing to give me would be much appreciated. Obviously I doubt you could help me during​ the draft, but any tips and shit before hand would be nice.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If this is fine with everyone else, yes.
    Wouldn't bother me a bit.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    So I'm going to be in a Fantasy Football league and I know nothing about football other than the rules, the Mannings, the player formerly known as Ochocinco, and Tebow. Our draft is in a couple weeks and any help you'd be willing to give me would be much appreciated. Obviously I doubt you could help me during​ the draft, but any tips and shit before hand would be nice.
    Learn how to trash talk. Even when you know you are going to get your ass handed to you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm fine with whatever draft day you guys want.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    First off, forget that you know the names of Ochocinco and Tebow. Then just look at the numbers guys put up last year and find a couple sites with projections for this year. Lastly, check the injury report the day of the draft. That should be enough to keep you competitive, but I wouldn't count on winning if you haven't followed the league for about the last 3 years or so.

So I was just watching gymnastics and this girl does a vault and lands flat on her ass. Somehow she manages a Silver medal out of this. How the hell does this happen? I realize that it was an average of two vaults and her first was pretty good(not perfect though, she was a little off to the left and took a step) but how can you beat everyone but one other competitor when you fail at the most basic component(landing on your feet)? The Pro American announcers tried to say she was perfect in the air, but obviously that wasn't the case because she under-rotated to the point that she barely touched her feet before plopping straight to her ass. And if getting somewhere close to landing on you feet isn't important, then why don't people just try impossible shit and land on their backs? I'm sure some Xgames kid could do a triple flip or something and just completely eat it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    This 4 week F1 break is gonna suck. Any other F1 fans here? The old ETS had a thread...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Draft has been changed to 7:30 CST on August 30th, adjust accordingly.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themethatyouknow View Post

So I was just watching gymnastics and this girl does a vault and lands flat on her ass. Somehow she manages a Silver medal out of this. How the hell does this happen? I realize that it was an average of two vaults and her first was pretty good(not perfect though, she was a little off to the left and took a step) but how can you beat everyone but one other competitor when you fail at the most basic component(landing on your feet)? The Pro American announcers tried to say she was perfect in the air, but obviously that wasn't the case because she under-rotated to the point that she barely touched her feet before plopping straight to her ass. And if getting somewhere close to landing on you feet isn't important, then why don't people just try impossible shit and land on their backs? I'm sure some Xgames kid could do a triple flip or something and just completely eat it.
    Omg, that was funny. You and Fixer should be a writing team.

I know next to zero about gymnastics and the politics of it, but I have to believe that 1. the other 6 girls sucked 2. Even falling on your ass is only a 1 point deduction and her starting score was so high. 3. Even this newer scoring system doesn't pull out the subjective judging - they gave it to her because of how great she did the same vault in the team competition.

I wish I could devote more time to watching the daytime coverage because yes, I am so sick of swimming and gymnastics. I caught a glimpse of men's field hockey yesterday. Holy shit , the flying balls, and the ball handling work is amazing.
    Last edited by Dra508; 08-06-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Holy shit , the flying balls, and the ball handling work is amazing.
    Are you sure you weren't at a Pride parade?

Also, valiant effort by the Canadian women's footie team yesterday vs the US team. It all came down to the last minute of stoppage time in the second 15 of extra time when the US scored to make it 4-3. Canada plays France for Bronze on Thursday.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm fine with whatever draft day you guys want.

First off, forget that you know the names of Ochocinco and Tebow. Then just look at the numbers guys put up last year and find a couple sites with projections for this year. Lastly, check the injury report the day of the draft. That should be enough to keep you competitive, but I wouldn't count on winning if you haven't followed the league for about the last 3 years or so.

I think she still got silver because the of the high difficulty and height of the move, she got silver and was not happy about it, bitch wanted gold!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/mcka...t-out-her-inne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wasn't under the impression that they were worth noting, those are just names I hear more than others. If you still need people for this league I guess you can count me in. You only set your teams once a week, right? That's easy enough and I don't really care that I'll lose.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Well it took far too long, and the process was such bullshit, but I finally managed to secure my tickets to the Winter Classic. Doing the whole 5 days, Great Lakes Invitational, AHL, Alumni, and the big one. Going to be a hockey fan's wet dream.

And Fifey, your Wings are going the fuck down. Getzlaf is coming to the Leafs any day now and is going to own your soul in that game (hey I can dream...)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Draft is in two weeks and I'd still like three more teams in the league to make it an even 10. Please message me if you want in!!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Looks like we have 9 and only need one for 10.

Anyone catch Felix Hernandez's perfect game yesterday? Dude was dealing. Just nasty. I think it's hilarious the Rays are always no-hit haha.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Freaking myself out watching horrible injuries that have happened to gymnasts on you tube

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Looks like we have 9 and only need one for 10.

Anyone catch Felix Hernandez's perfect game yesterday? Dude was dealing. Just nasty. I think it's hilarious the Rays are always no-hit haha.
    First Perfect Game in M's history!!!!! 2nd one at Safeco Field this year! and including those 2 its the third No-hitter in our ball park this season!!!!!!!!!! I believe this makes Safeco the first ball park in MLB history to have two perfect games in a season and something like the 4th park to have 2 perfect games. I might be wrong.

Felix has been great all season long and deserves it! and shit its an amazing moment in what as otherwise been another shit season! Good job King Felix!!!!!
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 08-16-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Can we please rid the NHL of Gary Bettman?

The bastard should have resigned when we lost an entire season...how he is still employed is beyond me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Can we please rid the NHL of Gary Bettman?

The bastard should have resigned when we lost an entire season...how he is still employed is beyond me.
    That lockout and subsequent CBA made a hell of a lot of money for the owners. Bettman may not be good for the fans or the sport, but he's been great for the bottom line of the people he works for. Therefore, he isn't going anywhere.

And don't expect this one to end quickly either. They know they have an edge over the players and they'll use it again.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Still need a 10th for the league. If you guys know anyone who's interested, let them know so we can properly draft on Thursday. We'll take outsiders, as long as we have 10 teams.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Still need a 10th for the league. If you guys know anyone who's interested, let them know so we can properly draft on Thursday. We'll take outsiders, as long as we have 10 teams.
    You get a tenth? We're good to go?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Still no 10th.