Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Congrats to the Kings and their fans. Much deserved. Crazy how dominant they were this playoffs after a lackluster season in which they barely even made the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Congrats to the Kings and their fans. Much deserved. Crazy how dominant they were this playoffs after a lackluster season in which they barely even made the playoffs.
    This whole playoff season has been very perplexing to me. Watching the game last night, I was at least sure I was watching a historic game. Even if New Jersey won that one too, they'd have been in position to be the, what, 5th(?) team in history to come back from a 0-3 deficit and win? It was either that or LA wins for the first time ever, and from 8th seed (which I think was also for the first time ever). After that 5 minute major in the first period was over, I was pretty confident LA would be hoisting the cup.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This was, to me, a brutal season, like gladiators on ice, and I fear for the future of hockey. I'm not being all melodramatic, here, my first live in-person hockey game was the Wings v the Blues, and I got to see Howe and Delvecchio. Then I went through the Goon Hockey age.

But, this seems way worse than Goon Hockey.

Aw, man, Delvecchio. I am totally a Mr Hockey (Howe, duh) girl, but Alex was THE MAN

Last edited by allegro; 06-13-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    This was, to me, a brutal season, like gladiators on ice, and I fear for the future of hockey. I'm not being all melodramatic, here, my first live in-person hockey game was the Wings v the Blues, and I got to see Howe and Delvecchio. Then I went through the Goon Hockey age.

Aw, man, Delvecchio. I am totally a Mr Hockey (Howe, duh) girl, but Alex was THE MAN

I agree, this season was brutal. It was more confusing since some hits where met with suspensions and some seemed ignored. With all this concussion business going on in the nfl I was surprised the NHL was as passive as they were. Also Mike Bossy was the man. Please don't argue with me. I don't have a lot to root for and my "drive for 5" VHS highlight tapes are starting to wear out lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Have been in summer no hockey mode, but the Wild just signed Zach Parise and Ryan Suter to 13 year deals? Wonder if this will push them into the playoffs

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Have been in summer no hockey mode, but the Wild just signed Zach Parise and Ryan Suter to 13 year deals? Wonder if this will push them into the playoffs
    They'll be a 6-7 seed for the next decade, and maybe get to the Conference Finals a few times. Nothing more.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Steve Nash?? The Lakers signed STEVE NASH???? It's time Jim Buss had a suspicious fatal accident.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    They'll be a 6-7 seed for the next decade, and maybe get to the Conference Finals a few times. Nothing more.
    Zach Parise, never to be heard from again.

I'm psyched about Steve Nash going to The Lakers. I'll finally get to see him play The Celts on TV.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone follow UFC? Tonight is probably the biggest fight of the year. Silva all the way!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Sonnen talked a huge game. Sucks to be him.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

Last season's final was a goddamn war of attrition. Seemed like every game had a career-ending hit every 5 minutes. I'm pretty sure by game seven both Boston and Vancouver were down to a line and a half!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Alright everyone, it's that time of the year I again. I need to get a headcount for Fantasy Football this year. Would like to have at least 10 participants and I'll create everything on Yahoo. Drop me a line if you're in. I'd love to have this set up by the end of the week.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Count me in for FFB.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Alright everyone, it's that time of the year I again. I need to get a headcount for Fantasy Football this year. Would like to have at least 10 participants and I'll create everything on Yahoo. Drop me a line if you're in. I'd love to have this set up by the end of the week.
    Count me in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Count me in like sin!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Invites have been sent out to you guys. Also Trish and Dra will be joining, anyone else is welcomed to join as well. I also have set up a date for the draft, if anyone needs it to be changed, let me know and we can reschedule it. I'm also using the same settings from last year's league, if anyone needs has a problem with scoring, etc., let me know and I can make changes as well.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Have any of the invites worked? I know Trish and Dra said they had trouble logging in and signing up for it. If it is trouble, I'll try to create another one, I don't know how to fix this piece of crap.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Have any of the invites worked? I know Trish and Dra said they had trouble logging in and signing up for it. If it is trouble, I'll try to create another one, I don't know how to fix this piece of crap.
    I tried again bubba and it don't work. trish99? She's a ghost.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Gonna work on it again tonight, I'll send out new messages once it's done.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Alright everyone, PM me your e-mail addresses, and I'll invite you that way, I have no idea why it's not letting yall in.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Kid, the league is working fine, it's just the link that is bad. Everyone just needs to go to Yahoo's Fantasy Football home, click "join a league" and then enter the info you sent. The link you sent us doesn't work because it tries to send us to the "league overview" page which is private so we're not allowed in.

Note to everyone playing: Use the Info from Kid's second PM with the league named ETS2012. At least that's the one I joined and we should all try to be in the same one .

Edit: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....ter/joinleague That link should get everyone in the right place. Just enter the League ID. and password.
    Last edited by themethatyouknow; 07-24-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Cool, I'll give that a try.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themethatyouknow View Post
    Kid, the league is working fine, it's just the link that is bad. Everyone just needs to go to Yahoo's Fantasy Football home, click "join a league" and then enter the info you sent. The link you sent us doesn't work because it tries to send us to the "league overview" page which is private so we're not allowed in.

Note to everyone playing: Use the Info from Kid's second PM with the league named ETS2012. At least that's the one I joined and we should all try to be in the same one .

Edit: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....ter/joinleague That link should get everyone in the right place. Just enter the League ID. and password.
    Registered.

Call Me Brady in dah house

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    And i'm in!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    And i'm in!
    I need to know your team name so I can properly trash talk you on the given Sunday we play.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Oh snap, I'm in!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Oh snap, I'm in!
    BHS, did you need the league info?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah I still need the info.

Also just wanna say that it feels so good for the A's to be relevant again. I know this probably won't last but it's been many many years since they've been winning like this.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    And now for 2 weeks of not getting to watch Jeopardy because the CBC is going to be shitting out non-stop Olympics coverage.
    OH LOOK, MORE ATHLETE PROFILES AND MEDAL COUNTS! ALL OF THE MEDAL COUNTS!!!
    Last edited by Fixer808; 07-26-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Unholstered blind fury

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    And now for 2 weeks of not getting to watch Jeopardy because the CBC is going to be shitting out non-stop Olympics coverage.
    OH LOOK, MORE ATHLETE PROFILES AND MEDAL COUNTS! ALL OF THE MEDAL COUNTS!!!
    Is this because the Canadians don't show up for the summer Olympics?

I can take a pass on allllll the athlete profiles too. I happened upon the synchronized spring board diving trials and holy crap, what has happened to these divers? Greg Louganis was just a guy. These guys are unnatural - short, ripped, and matching....
    Last edited by Dra508; 07-26-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Cause Fixer808 killed my family