Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tame Impala

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tame Impala

The amazing psychedelic rock band Tame Impala just released a new song on to the internets.

You can download it from http://www.tameimpala.com/
    New album sometime around October.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not bad. The single "Elephant" is supposed to be out later this month too. This is a bit different for him, but I like the direction he's taking his music in. He has such a dreamy, perfect psych-rock voice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love this band. Innerspeaker is one of my favorite records of 2010.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    One of the best young rock bands around. Love the new song, eager to see how the album plays out. Innerspeaker was a sublime album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yummy. Love the artwork too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    shit,I just found out the album leaked a few weeks ago!
    you know what to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you don't already plan on buying this, or haven't downloaded the leak yet.
    You can stream it now!!
    http://www.spinningtopmusic.com/news...mpala-lonerism

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think Elephant is still the stand out track for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lonerism has really grown on me. Really excellent, memorable melodies welded to wandering psych rock passages, all the noises run through some interesting filters to give it a unique sound. It's one of those records that seems to manifest visually in front of your eyes as you listen to it - I see a lot of the color orange in it for some reason.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    just saw these guys play tonight. It was a good show, but they could pace the sets better. The long drawn out psychedelic stuff is where they really shined.

Still, it was fun to see the kids get into it as much as they did.

Also, is it just me or are the guys in this band really young? I didn't realize that. They look like they're barely out of their teens.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-18-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    just saw these guys play tonight. It was a good show, but they could pace the sets better. The long drawn out psychedelic stuff is where they really shined.

Still, it was fun to see the kids get into it as much as they did.

Also, is it just me or are the guys in this band really young? I didn't realize that. They look like they're barely out of their teens.
    Yeah, I think Kevin's pretty young. Makes it all the more impressive when you realize how much talent he's got.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rejoice, new single from Tame Impala. Eight minutes of awesomeness.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    That track is absolutely next level. This will finally be Tame Impala's year I think. Good god, that track is just so awesome.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Goddamn this album is good. Yes I'm Changing, tho. This album got me like

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah I love this album too. So luscious.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been spinning Currents a lot lately. Absolutely fantastic album. I only feel stupid for not knowing about the yellow/ purple coloured vinyl. I pre-ordered from a record store website and got 2 black 180g vinyl records not that it's bad, but it seems everyone else got the coloured vinyl.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I've only listened to the new album once, but it's not doing it for me like the previous two albums did. I need to give it another chance, but this might just not be for me.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Taking a moment in time away from my NTAE lovefest.

Heard a really cool track at a local coffee shop, and asked the barista who it was. He said Tame Impala. I hunted down the song which happens to be the first track on Currents.

What a surprise. I really dig this album. I'm fuckin' happy on the musical side of my life: Antichrist Superstar, Not The Actual Events, and Currents.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    REALLY loved Let it Happen when it came out...rest of that album turned out mostly boring though

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I never quite latched onto a TI album before Currents... Granted, this is technically the first one I really let play on. That was the issue with the other two for me. Something threw me off. Currents is more chill (albeit with some really strong tunes), which I guess suits me more.
    Last edited by Amaro; 12-30-2016 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Love Tame Impala! Been listening since Innerspeaker was released (still my favorite) but Currents has been in heavy rotation for me for the past few months as it just is so fitting where I am in my life right now. I do like lonerisim but it is my least listening to TI record. Keven Parker is a very talented musician and I look forward to hearing what he does next. I read he may be taking a break from TI to do more production/writing work so we will see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Had a fanboy moment when TR name dropped Tame Impala on the recent festival stream. Two of my favourite bands and thought he may appreciate what they are doing.When I first heard the skipping section in TBW it reminded of the skip loop used in Let It Happen. I just want to hear his opinion on Faith No More now

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yep, that was cool. He said something to the effect of "they asked us to play this festival with Tame Impala & Tribe...so we said, yeah why the fuck not?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Listened to Currents for the first time in ages last night, and I'd kinda forgotten how much of a great record it is. Looking forward to seeing what Kevin does next, the way he incorporated synthpop, hip-hop and r&b into TI's sound was brilliantly done, so I wonder if he'll continue along that path or create something different.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I listened it also for the first time in maybe a year and it still holds up. One of my favorite albums of all time. I hope Kevin continues his streak and delivers incredible albums.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Is Tame Impala pretty all all Kevin then (a la Trent/NIN)? Or is it a true band and he's just the principal talent? I'm not super familiar with 'em but I like 'em.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kevin is like Trent when it comes to the studio.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Is Tame Impala pretty all all Kevin then (a la Trent/NIN)? Or is it a true band and he's just the principal talent? I'm not super familiar with 'em but I like 'em.

They have a deluxe version of their latest album coming out and footage of currents being made, here is the teaser.