Page 56 of 154 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 4619

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Big Bang Theory - because I love nerds with social disorders, no really.
    I've actually caught a few episodes of Big Bang Theory since 2012, but put off checking it out because I didn't realize that it would actually be my cup of tea. I liked it a lot more than I ever expected myself to.

Aside from that, I've been on a Daria kick lately. I haven't watched that show in at least 12 to 13 years, and I appreciate it and understand it a lot more now than when I was in middle school and high school. I'm even still a bit surprised that I've also put off getting the DVDs as I thought that they'd never come out. The same also goes for Rocko's Modern Life. I took a break from watching that show too, but I had a huge nostalgic kick on that show back in 2010-2011.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-19-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    20 Feet from Stardom - shivers, amazing voices!

Wolf of Wall Street - good but over long

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

This looks amazing in my mind. Anyone else a fan of the Apes movies or the reboot?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I am a fan of the reboot and above all, I'm a fan of Andy Serkis. The man's a genius and I hope that someday he'll get the recognition from the cinematic industry he so fully deserved.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Penny Dreadful. Pretty scary for me, but I'll keep tying. I really need Josh Harnett to actually be a good actor.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Watching The Fog on DVD. I was about 10 when I first watched this and it scared the crap out of me. I hate the idea that you could be killed horribly by a ghost because of something an ancestor did a gazillion years ago, so unfair

The film is good on characterisation too, you care about the characters and they don't deserve what happens to them
    Last edited by WorzelG; 05-11-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Just skimmed through Transformers 3. Every now and then I'll throw one of those movies on to remind myself why Michael Bay is awful. A whole movie filled with people running in slow motion away from explosions, characters constantly shouting other characters' names, and plot holes you could pilot a Star Destroyer through... And they still make trillions of dollars...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Just skimmed through Transformers 3. Every now and then I'll throw one of those movies on to remind myself why Michael Bay is awful. A whole movie filled with people running in slow motion away from explosions, characters constantly shouting other characters' names, and plot holes you could pilot a Star Destroyer through... And they still make trillions of dollars...
    The film 'the island' is a guilty pleasure of mine, really enjoyed the first half although it did get bogged down by the action towards the end. It did help that I quite fancy both Sean Bean and Ewan Mcgregor though

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Watching The Fog on DVD. I was about 10 when I first watched this and it scared the crap out of me. I hate the idea that you could be killed horribly by a ghost because of something an ancestor did a gazillion years ago, so unfair

The film is good on characterisation too, you care about the characters and they don't deserve what happens to them
    my band is named The Elizabeth Dane because we're all huge carpenter fans and the first time we all got together to watch a movie, it was the fog. we had been trying and trying to find a name (we have over 100 e-mails back and forth with name suggestions) and then someone was finally like how about "the elizabeth dane" and we were all just like YESSSSS.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my band is named The Elizabeth Dane because we're all huge carpenter fans and the first time we all got together to watch a movie, it was the fog. we had been trying and trying to find a name (we have over 100 e-mails back and forth with name suggestions) and then someone was finally like how about "the elizabeth dane" and we were all just like YESSSSS.
    I love Halloween, and The Thing in 1982 was a brilliant film, that I thought was underrated at the time, everyone had this idea that it was just focused on the monster, and even though the monster effects were amazing, I cared about the characters in that one too, and the atmosphere was unbelievably tense, I even own the score

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I love Halloween, and The Thing in 1982 was a brilliant film, that I thought was underrated at the time, everyone had this idea that it was just focused on the monster, and even though the monster effects were amazing, I cared about the characters in that one too, and the atmosphere was unbelievably tense, I even own the score
    we just watched They Live (which i hadn't seen since i was 13, and my lead guitar player and my fiancee had never seen it) and it was awesome. i love how ridiculous it is. i've got an awesome shirt with Nada and a bunch of the ads on the front, and the back has the "bubblegum" quote.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Blue Mountain State is hilarious

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just signed up for UFC Fight Pass. Now im watching Lesnar vs Valesquez. I'm pretty new to UFC though. Any awesome matches I should check out?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Cranes are Flying for Cannes Film Festival Marathon as it's devoted to the Palme d'Or winners.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Under The Skin, holy shit.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Under The Skin, holy shit.
    Indeed. That is truly a film for the ages. I'm still fucking haunted by that. Scarlett Johansson raised her game and more in this film.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Just finished watching "Cidade de Deus" AKA "City of god"

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Boardwalk Empire -- Heard good things.

The Sapranos --- Watching it from the beginning this time.

Also, how is Deadwood, Oz and The Wire? I want to check them out at some point, when i finish these. Thank you, and thank you Amazon Prime. Heh.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Just signed up for UFC Fight Pass. Now im watching Lesnar vs Valesquez. I'm pretty new to UFC though. Any awesome matches I should check out?
    How much does Fight Pass cost? I'm going to get NHL Game Center next season, didn't know there was anything like that for UFC but it sounds interesting.

Check out George St Pierre vs Koscheck in Montreal from late 2010, IIRC it was one of GSPs first fights in his home town and wanted to put on a good show for all of the friends and family he had there, and he definitely delivered.
    Also, how is Deadwood, Oz and The Wire?

I haven't seen those first 2 shows but I've heard great things about them, and The Wire is fucking amazing. I wouldn't say it's the best show in the world, like a lot of the hype claims, but it's easily the best cop show ever. The guy who created (and I think wrote for it) was an actual homicide detective in Baltimore for some years.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 05-21-2014 at 03:22 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    How much does Fight Pass cost? I'm going to get NHL Game Center next season, didn't know there was anything like that for UFC but it sounds interesting.

Check out George St Pierre vs Koscheck in Montreal from late 2010, IIRC it was one of GSPs first fights in his home town and wanted to put on a good show for all of the friends and family he had there, and he definitely delivered.
    It costs $9.99 per month, with a one week free trial. Yeah, you get access to a lot of fights. The only thing that sucks is the live ppv's only show up there after 30 days, i believe. And I'll be sure to check out that fight and his other ones now. Sounds pretty cool, thanks.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    It costs $9.99 per month, with a one week free trial. Yeah, you get access to a lot of fights. The only thing that sucks is the live ppv's only show up there after 30 days, i believe. And I'll be sure to check out that fight and his other ones now. Sounds pretty cool, thanks.
    Hmm, seems like a bit much considering I'm not super into it, but I'll definitely check out the free trial. And, as said, I'm not really into UFC a whole lot, but every time I've seen a GSP fight I've been very entertained.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally got around to seeing There Will Be Blood last week. One of those films that got loads of praise at the time, but i for some reason assumed all the critics were wrong, because the story did not sound interesting, and i for some reason had assumed it was just another bloody gangster film set in the desert. and thought it would be hard work and unrewarding like Gangs of New York so never bothered to see it.
    But it was on Netflix so i watched it, and oh my god, what a masterpiece, kicking myself for not seeing it back in 2007, an amazing film. Totally different from what i expected.
    Daniel Day Lewis ..just i know he gets treated like the holy god of acting but he truly performs breathtaking acting here , loved his old school american upper class accent, and Paul Dano surprised me how good he was. The ending was bizarre, the whole film was bizarre. Johnny Greenwoods score was strange and eerie and effective, my favourite scene in the film is when that fake guy who pretends to be his brother shows up and zones out into his own world on the beach. And that young child has a real presence.
    i had the same misconception about other films that have blown me away too. its always a nice surprise.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I pick up again on season 2 of Hannibal last nite, still loving it!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I finally got around to watching Her. Wow. I am kind of blown away right now. I absolutely loved it. I think it might have been one of the most incisive and honest movies I've ever seen. Just fantastic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    clay guida vs diego sanchez
    jon jones vs gustafsson
    silva vs. machida

those are some of my favorites

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    The Normal Heart. I guess the reviews were really good, but I found the story to,sort of just end... Characters were good, the casting was great, it paced well then it just ended. Maybe I should read the play.

One minor gripe: the first few minutes of the film had a giant white party on the beach on Fire Island. THAT would have never happened. Gay sex behind the dunes, sure.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Portlandia- I like their skewering(with love) of hipsters, and the random guest appearances of people like Jeff Goldblum and Chloe Sevigny.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just caught some Full House on Nickelodeon again, and while I sometimes got tired of it, I was reminded why I actually liked it after a long break from it. It turns out that I also like it for my similar reasons to liking The Nanny, which is also yet another guilty pleasure of mine. I might actually get all the DVDs of Full House, but I also want to get more Coach DVDs since it seems impossible to find any channel playing re-runs of it.

I also thought that it was cool to see that most of the Full House cast members are actually friends in real life, and close friends as if they were an actual family. Oh yes, and it was also nice to still know that Full House and The Nanny mentioned Nine Inch Nails.