Page 106 of 154 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 4613

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

I love that movie so much.
    all three of them are so fun, and the scores for all three are great as well!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    p.s. i'mma steal all your peanut butter, because it's delicious
    I knew a SJW was responsible.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    hahahaha this cracked me up. thank you for that.

people being held accountable for sexual misconduct... oh, wait...that's a good thing. thanks, SJWs! fighting the good fight even though people think you're (we're) over-sensitive idiots!

i've never understood people throwing shade at SJWs. like, WARRIOR is in the fucking name. why is it a bad thing to believe in equity/equality and to want that for people? why is it a bad thing to be fighting for that? why do people feel the need to be dicks about it? like, sorry i care about other people being able to function in this world with emotional well-being and you're too busy making memes to give a shit about anyone but yourself?

/rant

p.s. i'mma steal all your peanut butter, because it's delicious

p.p.s. actually on topic for the thread - my wife and i are addicted to food network shows. every time we're at home and have an opportunity to watch something else (we're on season 6 of DS9, season 3 of orphan black, etc.) we somehow just automatically choose guy's grocery games, chopped, or food network star. we have a problem.
    SJWs hell yeah

Food Network, omg, my Husband and I *LOVE* “Chopped” and “Iron Chef” and “Beat Bobby Flay” and I’m ADDICTED to the Holiday Baking Championship, and my Husband watches Saturday Morning Food Network with me including Valerie Bertinelli, The Kitchen, Tricia Yearwood, etc., and now that new baking chick in Vermont who’s HILARIOUS.

When not watching the Food Network, I’m watching something on HGTV ... Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, Property Brothers, House Hunters, House Hunters International, Love It or List It, etc. etc. I do real estate all day, it’s my job, it’s an addiction or something.

Okay and full disclosure: I’ve been watching a SHITLOAD of Hallmark Christmas movies. Because they all have happy endings and I need that right now.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-08-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    SJWs hell yeah

Food Network, omg, my Husband and I *LOVE* “Chopped” and “Iron Chef” and “Beat Bobby Flay” and I’m ADDICTED to the Holiday Baking Championship, and my Husband watches Saturday Morning Food Network with me including Valerie Bertinelli, The Kitchen, Tricia Yearwood, etc., and now that new baking chick in Vermont who’s HILARIOUS.

When not watching the Food Network, I’m watching something on HGTV ... Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, Property Brothers, House Hunters, House Hunters International, Love It or List It, etc. etc. I do real estate all day, it’s my job, it’s an addiction or something.

Okay and full disclosure: I’ve been watching a SHITLOAD of Hallmark Christmas movies. Because they all have happy endings and I need that right now.
    i feel like the four of us need to hang out, because we would just sit around and pet animals and watch all of the same ridiculous television programming.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sorry for the double post

got together with a few casual friends (i had never hung out with before) last night to watch Speed in our pajamas (one of the members of the group had never seen it). i wore out my vhs copy of it as a kid because i would watch it every time i stayed home sick for about...7 years? i still have the entire movie memorized, and it still holds up pretty well. we had a ton of fun.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    BBC Blue Planet 2.
    http://www.bbcearth.com/blueplanet2/
    Beautiful, sometimes disgusting (I know, part of nature), often worrying (climate). Amazing cinematography, like Planet Earth 2 before.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I swear, Dirk Gently is the best show on television right now, or it’s all that matters to me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I watched Ocean's 11 and this part really got to me.
    Does he make you laugh?
    He doesn't make me cry.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Soderbergh rules.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Jean Claude van Damme, one of my generation heroes, when precious few were happy enough to have a VHS player and supply of crappy tapes with terrible amateur dubbing. Last week Amazon Prime released "Jean Claude van Johnson", small 6-episodes series, and I quite enjoyed that, nicely done and the script, even in 80's style silly, had some original and funny ideas (Filip, Timecop), and Jean Claude acting is not bad at all. It's strange how uneven van Damme's movies are, from legendary to terrible.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    few were happy enough to have a VHS player and supply of crappy tapes with terrible amateur dubbing
    Ah yes, those were the times. Nice to see other countries are nostalgic about that. (You are, aren't you?)
    A few best-known dubbers from Russian/post-Soviet VHS market are still pretty well-known in Russian-speaking communities and still provide their own translations and dubs even for the new movies.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    It's good to see Jean-Claude Van Damme doing something different and having fun with it. I guess those years of being in bad straight-to-video films and JCVD has humbled him and gave him the chance to do other things and not take himself seriously anymore. At least he's going to be fine unlike that fat bitch Steven Seagal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been watching a heap of Adult Swim shows online lately, stuff like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Brak Show, Xavier: Renegade Angel and the Eric Andre Show. It's a shame Adult Swim doesn't air in Australia anymore, I can remember stumbling upon it years ago and watching Sealab 2021.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    YouTube Oats Studios channel, all of it. Remember District 9 or Elysium? Liked that? Good, now go watch this channel! :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/OatsStudios/videos

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    In the past 2 days I've watched You Only Live Twice and Diamonds are Forever. I like old Bond films even though they're sexist as hell. They remind me of a simpler time. What the world was like before 9/11. They're my comfort films.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I, Tonya deserves a best picture nomination.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Two days ago I watched Pacific Rim, Godzilla (2014) and Kong Skull Island.

Because that's how I roll.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That Tonya Harding movie was ok. Too frantic, too many 4th wall breaks. The tone is all over the place. The lady who plays her mom does a great job.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    remember when Christian Bale did all the press for American Psycho with an American accent?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Brawl In Cell Block 99 turned out to be pretty underwhelming. Between how badly lit some of it is, not getting more out of Don Johnson as a sadistic warden, and having to be reminded by other characters in almost every other scene how bad ass Vince Vaughn's character is, I'd almost say it's terrible but it had it's moments. I gave Vaughn a bit of the benefit of the doubt since surprisingly his character turned out to be the one I identified with more on the 2nd season of True Detective ​but this just didn't do it for me at all.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Wonderful movie by the late Sidney Lumet. Very dark, but powerful. And what a cast: Ethan Hawke, P. S. Hoffman, Marisa Tomei, Albert Finney, Michael Shannon...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Malcolm in the Middle.

I have to catch reruns on some kids network because only the first season was released on DVD in the US and Canada (apparently, it's due to some music copyright issues). It's a great shame because with The X-Files and The Simpsons, it's one of the greatest series ever to run on Fox.

The cast is amazing, kids and adults alike. And besides the absurdity of it, there is great character development and you can recognize yourself in them.

In the last episode of the series, Lois finds out that she is pregnant with her sixth kid which gives no choice to Hal to become a meth kingpin. Outstanding.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Blade Runner 2049 (feel like I need to watch it again)
    The Mummy (Tom Cruise) it was eh
    Heat (Mann, Pacino, De Niro) I've seen it a million times, the fucking movie is awesome

up next
    Happy Death Day

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just to follow up, I watched Happy Death Day since the basic plot was described to me, I thought it was interesting basically its the Spoiler: Groundhog Day of horror movies. As intriguing as I found that to be the movie sort of fell into an aiming for a teen audience and the music in it was terrible. I thought the movie was mediocre and didn't deserve the praise that some have given it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    Just to follow up, I watched Happy Death Day since the basic plot was described to me, I thought it was interesting basically its the Spoiler: Groundhog Day of horror movies. As intriguing as I found that to be the movie sort of fell into an aiming for a teen audience and the music in it was terrible. I thought the movie was mediocre and didn't deserve the praise that some have given it.
    i don't think that needed a spoiler tag, every trailer i saw for it made that pretty clear haha.

i personally think it looks really dumb, but my wife was intrigued, which is the opposite of what usually happens (i tend to be more open and forgiving in general to movies). good to know it's not really worth our time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    i don't think that needed a spoiler tag, every trailer i saw for it made that pretty clear haha.

i personally think it looks really dumb, but my wife was intrigued, which is the opposite of what usually happens (i tend to be more open and forgiving in general to movies). good to know it's not really worth our time.
    I try to watch all horror movies anyway, because I'm a horror movie fanatic. Unfortunately if you are willing to watch any horror movie you end up having to watch a lot of crap. I'll give them that it was an interesting idea but they executed very poorly. The music in it was just cheap cheesy teen pop stuff trying to be rock music like early 2000's and the vibe of the movie was like watching American Pie.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    we watched Simply Irresistible on sunday night and it was...well, it was BAD. very bad. not even "so bad it's good" bad, it was just bad.

i saw it in the theater when it came out but apparently i blocked out all memory of the film, and now i know why.

it's always weird to see someone you like as an actor (sarah michelle gellar) be truly awful in something.

is the crab actually magical? who the fuck was the guy who sold her the crab? when did she figure out she was a witch? why did they not make it clear that she was cooking her emotions into the food until 10 minutes before the end of the film (i'm all for figuring things out myself and not having an extreme amount of exposition but this had basically none)? where did she get the necklace and hair thing before the final scene? did she steal them from the department store? why do people find sean patrick flannery attractive? i have a lot of questions about it.

but yeah, nothing in that movie was good, except for patricia clarkson.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I have never seen the first Blade Runner, minus a few scenes here and there. I heard how kvlt it was and I did like the few scenes I had seen.

I bought Blade Runner and 2049 over this weekend so my wife and I could dive into that universe. I didnt like the first one. I almost feel bad for not liking it, but I thought it was just, what the fuck. It was the final cut, was I supposed to watch the original theatrical version?

I hope 2049 is not like this.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I have never seen the first Blade Runner, minus a few scenes here and there. I heard how kvlt it was and I did like the few scenes I had seen.

I bought Blade Runner and 2049 over this weekend so my wife and I could dive into that universe. I didnt like the first one. I almost feel bad for not liking it, but I thought it was just, what the fuck. It was the final cut, was I supposed to watch the original theatrical version?

I hope 2049 is not like this.
    no, the final cut is generally agreed upon as the definitive version of the film.

what didn't you like about it?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    no, the final cut is generally agreed upon as the definitive version of the film.

what didn't you like about it?
    I felt like things rushed a bit fast. Things happen right after another and I felt like The movie didnt give me an option to give a crap about anyone.

The movie is beautiful for its time and I liked the score. But over all, I didnt enjoy it.

Maybe after 2049 I will give it another go.