Page 110 of 154 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 4613

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Amazon Prime Startup.
    Finished season 2 and I am seriously satisfied with this very very much.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Gary Oldman deserves all the awards.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Starting The Leftovers. I can't believe the amount of acclaim for this show.
    It came up number 8 or 9 on a new watchmojo list of the top 10 tv shows of all time.
    Granted, Idk how much I trust it as Twin Peaks only received an honorable mention, but it sure sounds like it's worth a watch.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I hate it personally, but that seems to be a minority opinion.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Starting The Leftovers. I can't believe the amount of acclaim for this show.
    It came up number 8 or 9 on a new watchmojo list of the top 10 tv shows of all time.
    Granted, Idk how much I trust it as Twin Peaks only received an honorable mention, but it sure sounds like it's worth a watch.
    Good show. I found that i got better with each season.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I finally got all caught up on Westworld. I just...don’t love this show. I couldn’t put my finger on it but it while I was into it and kept watching it, I find that I can’t connect to it at all. I realized it when the characters started dying and I just didn’t care. I think with shows like GoT you enjoy it because the characters are damn interesting. Every death is emotional, even the ones of characters you hate. I particularly enjoyed the Japanese world episode and the Akecheta episode.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Good show. I found that i got better with each season.
    ha I'm already on season two.
    I really like the deep dreamlike imagery and tone.

edit: also i maybe should try getting a job

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I went to the cinema and watched Muse Drones World Tour
    It was interesting
    I am not fan of them, but it wasn't bad at all

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I'm getting ready to watch episode 1 of Sharp Objects.
    I fucking LOVE me some Gillian Flynn, and this thing has a great cast and a lot of good names attached (including Flynn herself again,) so i'm expecting it to be good.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think Drive (2011) might actually be my favorite movie of all time.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I think Drive (2011) might actually be my favorite movie of all time.
    i've still never seen it!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i've still never seen it!

It's a classic, highly recommend.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I have had a lot of movies wreck my shit and reduce me to a blubbering pool of tears, but Issa Lopez's Tigers Are Not Afraid lands somewhere squarely up top of that list. Any comparisons to Guillermo Del Toro are justified.

Make it a point to see it when you can. Bring tissues.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Orange is the New Black is fucking killing it again imho.
    The pacing experiment that was season 5, which took place over a couple of days, had me worried.

But season 6 is fucking great.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Stargate because my wife had never seen it! i will always love this movie, despite its ridiculousness.

really wish i had a fifth avenue bar...
    oh man. You're killing me here.
    That movie was my first proper date with my HS GF, who I stayed with all four years. Man, that really takes me back. I was so nervous, though, about kissing and such that I didn't quite understand the movie.

Also, HOLY JESUS that was almost 25 years ago. Damn. I feel old.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Castle Rock, I love this show, I can't wait to see where they take it. I also love all the Stephen King Easter eggs too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just watched Capote. Philip Seymour Hoffman did a spot-on impression of Truman. I also read the book In Cold Blood that the movie was based on. The way that Truman wrote it, I almost felt sorry for one of the murderers because he had a really lousy childhood. I think his parents and the system in general failed him. He never had a fair trial and his lawyer didn't do his job properly because he knew the guy was guilty and he basically didn't care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello!

I am currently re-watching the Grand Budapest Hotel, which is my favourite film that I've seen a number of times. I just can't get enough of it.

I'm also glad that The Handmaid's Tale has been received so well, I have plans to binge it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles95 View Post
    I am currently re-watching the Grand Budapest Hotel
    Yeah, I need to give this another go. I liked much of it a great deal, but much of Anderson's work I've seen many times over and over, and this one just didn't make me want to do that.

I'm very touched by the new trailer for If Beale Street Could Talk.

I didn't get round to seeing Moonlight - the trailer looked so sad I need to be in the right mood to watch the film. Beale Street looks tough too, but seeing I Am Not Your Negro really got me wanting to know more about James Baldwin, so I won't delay in seeing this, I think.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rewatching all of House M.D. On season 2 right now. So much of this show I do not remember.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Rewatching all of House M.D. On season 2 right now. So much of this show I do not remember.
    so good through season 6

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Stargate because my wife had never seen it! i will always love this movie, despite its ridiculousness.
    But you only mentioned the movie! I just LOVE SG1, Atlantis, and SGU. What a great combined 17 seasons of TV (sure, of course there were better seasons and not so great seasons, but overall, a fantastic journey). I miss it so much. The new movie-length Stargate Origins was not impressive (but could have been worse I suppose). The SG series are actually running on OTA channel Comet TV right now, so I get to pick up an episode here and there time permitting (yes, I know I can also stream it but for some reason it's fun to me to just catch them live).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I just watched Stargate for the first time on Wednesday! I enjoyed it but I had seen a few episodes of the show and expected the movie O’Neill to be of a similar disposition

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Denis Villeneuve's first feature-length film in August 32nd on Earth.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    so good through season 6
    I remember the last couple seasons fairly well. They were very hit and miss as most late seasons are in TV series it seems.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    But you only mentioned the movie! I just LOVE SG1, Atlantis, and SGU. What a great combined 17 seasons of TV (sure, of course there were better seasons and not so great seasons, but overall, a fantastic journey). I miss it so much. The new movie-length Stargate Origins was not impressive (but could have been worse I suppose). The SG series are actually running on OTA channel Comet TV right now, so I get to pick up an episode here and there time permitting (yes, I know I can also stream it but for some reason it's fun to me to just catch them live).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    I just watched Stargate for the first time on Wednesday! I enjoyed it but I had seen a few episodes of the show and expected the movie O’Neill to be of a similar disposition
    i never watched any of the series but i would like to!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I remember the last couple seasons fairly well. They were very hit and miss as most late seasons are in TV series it seems.
    season 6 was just so incredible to me. his character arc was amazing. and then season 7 started and i didn't love it, but stuck it out until the season finale, which pissed me off so much that i refused to watch season 8.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    I love the show's O'Neill far more, but that's a bit unfair of me because we have two hours with the first, and hundreds of episodes with the second (though I was a MacGyver fan from its start so of course I was going to like TV O'Neill). In fact, Richard Dean Anderson was on General Hospital when I was in grade school (my mom watched, so it was on after school, and so I watched for a number of years). It's really cool to look back at James Spader as Daniel though, now that I am a Blacklist fan. He seems like such a fun guy. Stargate is my favorite TV series of all time, though obviously I recognize the greatness of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Roast of Bruce Willis (Comedy Central), in a climate where you can't say a shit without someone feeling offended, this was quite refreshing, I did not know about these "roasts". Still, quite often it was too much for me and paradoxically would never get aired over here. Funny, cultural differencies or something. :-)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Just started rewatching Mad Men after playing LA Noire (thank you Aaron Staton), and watching it in the #MeToo era is kind of wild. I think I watched the show with a bit of reverence at the time and had thoughts of "Well, that's just how it was and some women handled it better than others and good on Peggy for taking it all in stride and good on Joan for being a dominant woman and man, Betty is the fucking worst." Now? Oof. I feel for Betty and understand why she acts like a petulant child at times. I'm still not an overall fan of hers, but it sure has changed my perception.