Page 107 of 154 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 4613

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Sorry for the “double post”. My wife and I finally got to watch Blade Runner 2049, and its by far superior to the first one. Great movie.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Watched 47 Meters Down last night, it was meh

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Cast A Deadly Spell
    it's 1948 and fred ward plays hard-boiled P.I. phil lovecraft, who's hired by david warner to retrieve the necronomicon. also featuring julianne moore and clancy brown. a wonderful blend of horror, comedy, and noir. on amazon prime & hbogo

also started watching The Magicians, which i like despite most of the characters being extremely unlikable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally getting around to watching The Leftovers. It took about 4 episodes in for me to get around to what they are really trying to accomplish with this. I like it. "Guest" is my favorite episode thus far.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    on friday night, my wife and i watched "ghost watch" on shudder. it's a BBC thing from 1992 that people basically thought was real when it aired. it obviously pre-dates paranormal activity and other such things, and if you didn't know it was a fictional thing (and believed in ghosts/hauntings) you would think it was a live BBC special that just happened to capture a ton of creepy shit happening. i was legitimately terrified by it (i had to turn on all the lights on my way back to the bathroom halfway through the movie, and refused to turn them off when i came back out).

then we watched "the ritual" last night with our friends and it was awesome. exactly what i want out of a horror movie. i was enthralled the entire time. i also yelled/jumped at least 5 or 6 times...including once when a tent was unzipped (never gonna hear the end of that one).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Bomb City. Found it on the internets while browsing for some thing to watch. It was later in the night when i watched it but it i gotta say it sorta hit me right in the feels. Reminded me a lot of Suburbia in terms of Punk movies.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    FINALLY got around to watching Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and I loved every minute of it. Inventive, fast, witty, it really is a shame that it didn't make anywhere near the budget for a sequel nod. The comic like visuals is really well done here.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Bomb City. Found it on the internets while browsing for some thing to watch. It was later in the night when i watched it but it i gotta say it sorta hit me right in the feels. Reminded me a lot of Suburbia in terms of Punk movies.
    Pretty much found this the same way. Was looking for something to stream one night a couple weeks ago, grabbed my attention as I like movies about weirdos and misfits. Was a good watch for sure. Wasn't sure where the direction was going at first, but it sucks you in once you realize what's going on. It's even more surreal that it was a real story. That's sad, but not too surprisingly. Was utterly disgused with the final outcome of the movie. But that's just what being a weirdo misfit is all about. Quite disgusting how they'd basically let the "jocks" get away with anything. Underage drinking and open fires etc but the punks do some small thing and they beat them down for it. Guess it doesn't help that it took place in Texas.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Having the flu has destroyed my weekend, but it’s at least given me a chance to binge Netflix all weekend and not feel bad about it. I’m 7 episodes through ‘Altered Carbon’ right now. So far, pretty good.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    season 3 of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is destroying me. i never thought i would be bawling watching a show that i had previously been using as background material.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah, seriously. I pride myself on being a big strong manly man immune to overt displays of emotion, but an episode in CXG's third season managed to make me literally laugh and cry in the span of a few minutes, which is a first. So unusual to see such a capable tackling of mental illness.

It's not a background watching show for me though, thought it was inspired right from the start. Only came close to being a background thing halfway through the second season, but that slightly dull period is a distant memory now that's been wiped away by an utterly brilliant year. Crazy Ex is one of my favourite shows at the moment.

...On the flipside, after 6 and a half years, I've given up on Homeland. That was my favourite show at one point... It's had its ups and downs, but almost exclusively downs over the last year or two. The shark jump, however, is easier to pin down. The exact moment I decided to stop watching my former favourite show was: "Play with your titties."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Fred Armisen - Standup For Drummers

i could honestly watch fred armisen do pretty much anything because i find him so damn charming, but this is actually wonderfully funny.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    been watching season 1 of Sense8 and it's really good but also so upsetting. i feel like i should be watching it with someone and not by myself :/

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    y'know, I'm not usually the kind of person to comment on celebrity fashion, but the dress Nicole Kidman wore to the oscars looks like a cross between an emoji and something you use to clean your toilet.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    y'know, I'm not usually the kind of person to comment on celebrity fashion, but the dress Nicole Kidman wore to the oscars looks like a cross between an emoji and something you use to clean your toilet.
    bwahahahahahahahaha you're so right

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Six Shooter (2004), 27 minutes of... something dark and incredibly funny. ;-)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Saw this last night...holy shit!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just watched Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Certainly not as good as it’s predessor. Still, I’m a sucker for these films. Very enjoyable.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Shape of Water. This film was absolutely excellent.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Saw this one last night. One of the more beautiful romantic comedies I’ve come across. I put it right up there with (500) Days of Summer and Rushmore. Fantastic performances all around.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Watched My Friend Dahmer today. Really fascinating film that just got chilling and more disturbing by the end. Does a nice job of showing the development of a madman in his teen years. Really nice job in adapting this graphic novel that was of course based on a horribly true story. Also, Ross Lynch is the spitting image of a younger Dahmer:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Austin Moon as Jeffrey Dahmer.... what the fuck?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think it was mentioned somewhere already, Lucky (2017). Beautiful Harry Dean Stanton's "good-bye", lovely slow pace, and surreal Lynch talking about tortoise.

Also ontopic, for some time every evening I watch an episode or two of Two and a Half Men on Amazon Prime and I like even the newer seasons, it has become my safe place, whatever happens during the day, in the evening I'll watch this. :-) And it worries me a bit if fun like this or How I Met Your Mother will still be acceptable in the ultra-correct future.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Austin Moon as Jeffrey Dahmer.... what the fuck?
    I hadn’t seen him in anything else honestly, but trust me when I say that his performance was stellar.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The Terror on AMC.

Please tell me I'm not the only one watching this because it is absolutely fantastic.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Finally got around to seeing this one. Liked it a lot more than I thought I would. As far as Trent & Atticus’ score, it was good, but certainly not as prominent as their previous three films.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Saw Moon last night. God, Sam Rockwell is fucking phenomenal.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The ending to Control is so fucking heartbreaking, and very beautifully done. The use of “Atmosphere” is just perfect.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    The ending to Control is so fucking heartbreaking, and very beautifully done. The use of “Atmosphere” is just perfect.
    i saw that in the smaller theater at the music box when it came out and just sat there and cried for like 10 minutes after the movie ended.