Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107
Results 3,181 to 3,189 of 3189

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    I have never seen the first Blade Runner, minus a few scenes here and there. I heard how kvlt it was and I did like the few scenes I had seen.

I bought Blade Runner and 2049 over this weekend so my wife and I could dive into that universe. I didnt like the first one. I almost feel bad for not liking it, but I thought it was just, what the fuck. It was the final cut, was I supposed to watch the original theatrical version?

I hope 2049 is not like this.

Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I have never seen the first Blade Runner, minus a few scenes here and there. I heard how kvlt it was and I did like the few scenes I had seen.

I bought Blade Runner and 2049 over this weekend so my wife and I could dive into that universe. I didnt like the first one. I almost feel bad for not liking it, but I thought it was just, what the fuck. It was the final cut, was I supposed to watch the original theatrical version?

I hope 2049 is not like this.
    no, the final cut is generally agreed upon as the definitive version of the film.

what didn't you like about it?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    no, the final cut is generally agreed upon as the definitive version of the film.

what didn't you like about it?
    I felt like things rushed a bit fast. Things happen right after another and I felt like The movie didnt give me an option to give a crap about anyone.

The movie is beautiful for its time and I liked the score. But over all, I didnt enjoy it.

Maybe after 2049 I will give it another go.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Sorry for the “double post”. My wife and I finally got to watch Blade Runner 2049, and its by far superior to the first one. Great movie.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Watched 47 Meters Down last night, it was meh

Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Cast A Deadly Spell
    it's 1948 and fred ward plays hard-boiled P.I. phil lovecraft, who's hired by david warner to retrieve the necronomicon. also featuring julianne moore and clancy brown. a wonderful blend of horror, comedy, and noir. on amazon prime & hbogo

also started watching The Magicians, which i like despite most of the characters being extremely unlikable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally getting around to watching The Leftovers. It took about 4 episodes in for me to get around to what they are really trying to accomplish with this. I like it. "Guest" is my favorite episode thus far.

Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    on friday night, my wife and i watched "ghost watch" on shudder. it's a BBC thing from 1992 that people basically thought was real when it aired. it obviously pre-dates paranormal activity and other such things, and if you didn't know it was a fictional thing (and believed in ghosts/hauntings) you would think it was a live BBC special that just happened to capture a ton of creepy shit happening. i was legitimately terrified by it (i had to turn on all the lights on my way back to the bathroom halfway through the movie, and refused to turn them off when i came back out).

then we watched "the ritual" last night with our friends and it was awesome. exactly what i want out of a horror movie. i was enthralled the entire time. i also yelled/jumped at least 5 or 6 times...including once when a tent was unzipped (never gonna hear the end of that one).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Bomb City. Found it on the internets while browsing for some thing to watch. It was later in the night when i watched it but it i gotta say it sorta hit me right in the feels. Reminded me a lot of Suburbia in terms of Punk movies.