Page 100 of 154 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 4613

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Victoria on Masterpiece - love it. Dumb American always knew that there was some great love story between her and Albert. This just dramatizes it for us visual types.
    I am ADDICTED to this show, I am gonna be SO bummed out when it ends. But I keep thinking, whenever I see Prince Albert, of that whole Giant Dick legend. And I wonder if that's why he and the Queen are bonking all the time.

edit: although I guess IRL they were both prudes, especially Prince Albert, and the Queen was really distant with her kids, wouldn't win a Mother of the Year award. But TV period romance makes for good fun.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-27-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I am ADDICTED to this show, I am gonna be SO bummed out when it ends. But I keep thinking, whenever I see Prince Albert, of that whole Giant Dick legend. And I wonder if that's why he and the Queen are bonking all the time.

edit: although I guess IRL they were both prudes, especially Prince Albert, and the Queen was really distant with her kids, wouldn't win a Mother of the Year award. But TV period romance makes for good fun.
    Didn't know the giant dick story. Maybe it was really his technique

As for motherly distance, what did she have 9 kids? My Poor Irish Great G'mother had that many. She probably didn't know the youngest very well because the other kids raised em while she was working to put food on the table. No different ruling a kingdom. Busy busy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    picked back up on Orphan Black, we're in the middle of season 3. that show is so good but so stressful, it's impossible to binge-watch.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife and i just did a double feature of Cloverfield (which i hadn't seen since it was in the theater and sarah hadn't seen at all) and 10 Cloverfield Lane (which neither of us had seen). the former holds up pretty well 9 years later, and the "sequel" was absolutely fantastic. i'm just gonna go have an anxiety attack about our impending doom.

also, weird story - michael stahl-david, who plays rob in cloverfield, is my abusive ex's nephew (her half-sister is WAY older than her, and mike is a couple years older than her, so it's more like a cousin relationship). anyway, he's a really nice guy, came to my family's holiday party one year, and i was always sad he lost out the part in tron legacy (it was basically between him and garrett hedlund).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    john carpenter's Prince Of Darkness

god damn, that was good. i can't believe there was a carpenter movie that neither me or my wife had seen, and our friend jon hadn't, either. it was so fun to watch together after a long day and it was genuinely scary.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    watched Logan last nite

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I've really enjoyed Tarsem Singh's Emerald City series, hope it returns next year.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I've really enjoyed Tarsem Singh's Emerald City series, hope it returns next year.
    keep forgetting about that! i love tarsem singh and my wife is obsessed with the Oz books so we're both excited to check it out.

last night we watched The Terminator (which my wife had seen once, years ago) and tonight we watched Terminator 2 (which she had never seen). two of my favorite films. i've watched them countless times but neither for several years. they still hold up so well, the first one still scares me, and the second one is still, in my opinion, one of the best films ever made.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I watched Passengers and despite it's poor reviews, I liked it and not for the reasons that most people who would enjoy a movie like this. With sci-fi films for me there has to be a certain check list that must be covered, stunning visual effects, check, futuristic gadgets check, gripping story, maybe.
    I think the writers or writer of Passengers missed a lot of oppurtunities to make this a better story then what was delivered, there is an uniintentional point to this story that they didn't play up very well or didn't do a good job explaining. Spoiler: If they had made more of a point delivering this message they movie could have had a more thought provoking conclusion then its cut short ending. I found the love story to be be corn ball and unrealistic, with a glaring distortion on a reaction to unbelievable selfishness. There is no way that she could forgive him for this kind of selfishness. However if the writers of Passengers made more of a point explaining that if Chris Pratt had not awakened Jennifer Lawerence from her 120 year suspended annimation sleep the entire ship and all its passengers would have died because he needed another person to help him save the ship. Even though that was not his intention for waking her up.. It was a missed opportunity in my opinion. I still enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    was a far better film than I had expected. It felt even better having just re-watched just prior to that. Highly recommended to anyone who enjoys WWII historic pieces.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The Hunt for the Wilderpeople -- what a charming, Wes Anderson-reminiscent little movie. I had a lot of fun with this one.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    last nite....

this afternoon....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

This was surprisingly good. The best possible version of a disaster movie.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

I was sold on this film the very second I saw this poster on Wikipedia some years ago. This scene, and the fact that it's directed by William God Almighty Friedkin - I knew this is gonna be good. I just didn't know HOW good.
    I've just finished it for the first time, and I nearly shat my pants several times, even though I was watching it at a laptop screen. I can't wrap my head around how could get "mixed to negative reviews by the public and film critics" coming fresh in the theaters in 1977.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post

I was sold on this film the very second I saw this poster on Wikipedia some years ago. This scene, and the fact that it's directed by William God Almighty Friedkin - I knew this is gonna be good. I just didn't know HOW good.
    I've just finished it for the first time, and I nearly shat my pants several times, even though I was watching it at a laptop screen. I can't wrap my head around how could get "mixed to negative reviews by the public and film critics" coming fresh in the theaters in 1977.
    Im going to watch this in that poster alone!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post

It's a rare remake that never got its due as it had the unfortunate of coming out around the time Star Wars was in the theaters. I finally saw it a few years ago and I was blown away by it as it is just fucking intense from start to finish. I love Wages of Fear but this film nearly topped it as it's just phenomenal. Here's my review of the film: http://thevoid99.blogspot.com/2014/10/sorcerer.html

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Checked out Nocturnal Animals -- the narrative gets a little too disparate and disconnected from its various elements at times, but the acting, the tone and the overall score and direction set this thing over the top and compensate heavily for what writing issues it has at times. Michael Shannon is such a pro and seeing he and Jake Gyllenhaal use their similar highly-intense eye-acting side by side is a dream. I also need to have Amy Adams' reading glasses from this.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I watched Patriots Day, I was surprised I liked it. I had recently watched Deepwater Horizon another Peter Berg (director) Mark Walberg (Actor) film based on a true story. I didn't like Deepwater Horizon as much as I did Patriots Day. Watching the film and hearing how the score plays to the scenes, I really like the score more now after watching the film. I thought the music fit the scenes very well. Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross did an awesome job on the score. I thought the pacing of Patriots Day was better then Deepwater Horizon. There have been some nay sayers with regards to Patriots Day but I liked the film.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just finished the third and final season of Broadchurch. I've binged all three seasons in the past week.

It's like a small town British version of The Wire, I highly recommend it.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I just finished the 3rd season of Grace and Frankie. Maybe I'm turning into an old white lady but I loved it more than the first season. The writing and pace of show is just perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I caught the last hour of Before The Flood last night on NatGeo I had no idea it was on. I really liked it, does anybody know where I can watch a full version for free? Plus it was cool hearing how TR/AR soundtrack fit the film.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've actually been watching The Loud House from time to time. What I like about it is that it actually gave me a bit of a Hey Arnold! and Dexter's Laboratory vibe. I'll admit that at first, I thought it wouldn't be my thing, but it certainly won my inner 1990s and 2000s Nickelodeon fan over.

I also checked out a bit of Lamb Chop's Play-Along again, and it also turned out to be much better than I remembered it to be, especially as far as children's shows go. The music, the humor, the puns, the word play, the magic tricks, all of it. It got my attention again when I was reminded that Shari Lewis actually had a career in ventriloquism/acting since the 1950s, with Lamb Chop being just as old. The Nanny, another favorite show of mine also reminded me of Lamb Chop, since Shari Lewis also had a guest appearance on that show too.

Oh yes, and I have also checked out bits and pieces of Fuller House too, being the long-time Full House fan that I was. In spite of what's said about it here and there, I'm just thankful that something came out of it, and that the cast are like a family in real life, which I still thought to be cool.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 04-21-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I caught the last hour of Before The Flood last night on NatGeo I had no idea it was on. I really liked it, does anybody know where I can watch a full version for free? Plus it was cool hearing how TR/AR soundtrack fit the film.
    it WAS free on youtube.
    Here's this; it's the full movie but the picture size is kind of small. Watchable, though, if you go fullscreen on a decent sized monitor.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I am loving The Killing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

getting ready.....