Page 6 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy last night, and I was really excited for it, but was really underwhelmed by it. Nowhere near as good as I hoped it would be.
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - also watched it last night and had a mildly similar response. (I posed about it in the "Best of 2011" thread.)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Spaced ​on Netflix.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Started watching through The Shield again. Definitely one of my favorite shows of all time, if not my number one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - also watched it last night and had a mildly similar response. (I posed about it in the "Best of 2011" thread.)
    I watched it last night, and was really disappointed.

On the other hand, WOW - Fish Tank.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Re-watching entire Lost series on Netflix. I have no idea why I'm doing this.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Human Traffic - showing the life I didn't lead in the 1990's but maybe should have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone else seen Catfish? Fish Tank reminded me of it. Just a beautifully crafted, and touching film.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^^^ Catfish was the worst movie I saw in 2010, hands down. It's not a real documentary and about 12 years too late to be interesting.

Just watched Bellflower

reaaaaaally not sure what to think of it. Very interesting camera work, especially when you read the actor/writer/director developed all of his camera gadgets himself, but it's possible the movie was being too cool for its own good. I have a feeling it'll stick with me for a while though, which I guess says something good about it....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Spaceballs is on TV right now. Still one of the funniest films ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also watch TinkerTailor last night, also underwhelmed. I will probably give it a second go though.

Warrior was really good, fun as hell watching Tom Hardy be a complete bad ass & beat the shit out of people, can't get enough of it. Also has a good story and great acting. One of the best of 2011.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Started watching Better off Ted the other night. Pretty funny show so far, and I don't understand why the good shows always get cancelled!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Barney's Version - Paul Giamatti is amazing. He makes you love an asshole.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Spaceballs is on TV right now. Still one of the funniest films ever.
    "You idiots, you captured their stunt doubles!"

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Just watched The Phantom Menace. CGI looks pretty terrible by today's standards. Poor choice to base the film so extensively around that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Leon - The Professional - An all time classic. The camerawork is mind-bending, its ahead of its time. It looks stunning. The camera work is so good its unreal. Its set in New York but does not feel American at all. Seems very European.

Gary Oldman plays an immensely dark character. I love him, best ever actor to play villans.

Shame Luc Besson never did anything near as good as this again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Started watching Father Ted. Brilliant. From Graham Linehan, the man behind The IT Crowd and along with Dylan Moran, Black Books.

Colombiana - do not recommend. I don´t know what I was expecting, but bad/cheesy dialog, bad acting, plot holes. The action was ok I guess, it was from the director of Transporter 3 and screenplay by Luc Besson.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just watched the last episode of Lars von Trier's The Kingdom I. Fucked up doesn't described what I saw. It's beyond that.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Killer Elite, starring Jason Statham, Robert De Niro, and Clive Owen. Shockingly, it didn't end in a high-stakes kung fu knife fight...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    About to start Deadwood again and after that..the inevitable sulk after season 3.

"Don't the decapitated deserve recreation, chief, as much, if not more so, than those of us yet not dismembered?"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Just watched The Phantom Menace. CGI looks pretty terrible by today's standards. Poor choice to base the film so extensively around that.
    really ? I thought the race sequence was incredible. However that movie is my 2nd least favorite of all time. Can't stand everything about it UGH.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    E! UK's rubbish coverage of the Golden Globes

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    really ? I thought the race sequence was incredible. However that movie is my 2nd least favorite of all time. Can't stand everything about it UGH.
    Likewise, I watched it on blu-ray recently, and it's indeed one of the worst. However, watching the extensive extras for the prequels, I was struck by how (since it was released in '99) there was a lot more use of minatures (in conjunction with CGI) than you might imagine - and those miniatures looks phenomenal in hi-def. The Podrace is thoroughly entertaining, and the one-on-one with Maul and Obi-Wan is fucking fantastic no matter what way you cut it.

I still need to finish watching Empire Strikes Back on blu-ray, and of course Jedi, which is my favorite.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Golden Globes. Madonna won Best Song. Lame! Oh, and Adam Levine was presenting the music categories with Jimmy Fallon and The Artist (not surprisingly) won Best Score. Still, I would've loved for Trent to knock Adam Levine out for butchering "Closer".

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Likewise, I watched it on blu-ray recently, and it's indeed one of the worst. However, watching the extensive extras for the prequels, I was struck by how (since it was released in '99) there was a lot more use of minatures (in conjunction with CGI) than you might imagine - and those miniatures looks phenomenal in hi-def. The Podrace is thoroughly entertaining, and the one-on-one with Maul and Obi-Wan is fucking fantastic no matter what way you cut it.

I still need to finish watching Empire Strikes Back on blu-ray, and of course Jedi, which is my favorite.
    Heh.

(ten word post count)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Think I'm gonna finally get around to watching Apocalypse Now, maybe not today but soon. I think it's about time i watched that movie.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    The pod race gave me a headache: way too long, annoying, and a tangent from the plot. The inhabitants of Tattooine looked too cartoony for me. All of the CGI creatures looked pretty terrible. There were several scenes in which Neeson and McGregor were just looking in the wrong place (above Jar Jar Binks' head, for example).
    I don't know what "one on one with Maul and Obi-Wan" you mean. The last couple of minutes when they fight after Qui-Gon Jinn is killed? I don't recall anything special about that.
    Liam Neeson did a good job, and Portman's costumes (and accent) were pretty amazing...but there's so much wrong with this movie, it's hard to know where to start.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Goldeneye.

I'm going to start watching Generation Kill again either this weekend or next.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Just watched Attack of the Clones, and it's a little better, visually. But it still ends in a 30-minute clusterfuck, and McGregor is still looking way above where's he's supposed to. I think I got about 50% of the plot, but I could be filling in the gaps.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    MoneyBall - better than average sports movie. Jonah Hill was pretty good. I'm not a big fan of Brad Pitt either, but he was enjoyable. Not as much as his role in Snatch, but what ya going to do.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    4 episodes into Boss. I'm really picky when it comes to a drama but somehow I really like this one. Have some The Wire vibe to it.