Page 55 of 155 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 4627

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I thought Angel had a ton of potential but repeatedly fell flat - for example, that enormous buildup of Angel and Darla's son, Cordelia's return, the Beast, years of writing culminating in... Jasmine. I can't remember ever feeling so let down by a TV show.
    Also, I'm rarely annoyed by any character in a show, but... Connor. Connor. Not the best-written individual of all time, but there was also something about the actor that made me instinctively tense to punch the screen whenever he appeared.

On the plus side, they wrapped up Faith's original arc beautifully and perfectly... but I'd rather they'd done that on Buffy, so I wouldn't need to whip out another boxed set.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Raid 2, a movie that asks the question why stab someone once when you could stab them forty times.

It was intense. I was pleasantly surprised to hear NIN during the last scene and end credits, Ghosts II 13 and 14 I believe.
    Last edited by EPICRAGE; 04-12-2014 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Star Trek: Enterprise. Was giving it another chance, and still... MEH. TNG and DS9 forevah.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Anyone else watching Suits? Probably my favorite that's currently on the air. Love every aspect of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Anyone else watching Suits? Probably my favorite that's currently on the air. Love every aspect of it.
    Yeah Suits is awesome! And thanks to how much later the second half of the season started this year we'll only have to wait a couple months before the new season begins.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Only Lovers Left Alive: I'm pretty sick of vampire movies, so the fact that I liked it so much is a testament to the talent of Jim Jarmusch. Like a lot of Jarmusch's films, I found it very relaxing: languidly paced, oddly humorous, and filled with interesting dialogue. An acting showcase for Tom Hiddleston and Tilda Swinton.

Snowpiercer: Excellent film, and one of the best sci-fi films I've seen in a while. The whole film takes place inside a train, and its impressive how much visual inventiveness they got from such small spaces. It feels Gilliam-esque at times, especially toward the end, where the film gradually builds up a trippy, darkly comedic tone like Brazil or 12 Monkeys. One character is actually named Gilliam, which I though was a nice little homage.

The Punk Singer: For anyone who was interested in the feminist punk movement of the 90s with Bikini Kill and Sleater Kinney, this is an excellent documentary on its most visible leader, Kathleen Hanna. It captures the vibe of the movement with its energetic pace and generous use of music from Bikini Kill, Le Tigre, and other like-minded bands. Its a very personal look at Hanna, who was always a mysterious figure to me since she was fairly reluctant to talk with the media for a number of years.
    Last edited by Millionaire; 04-16-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm giving Man of Steel another go, I really disliked it at the cinema, and I'm really hoping to like it too

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

35min in, not bad. Directed by Luc Besson, produced by Scorsese...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Hannibal on NBC. I just started a few days ago and it hooked me hard. I'm up to the 4th episode of season 2 now, probably going to watch 5 as well tonight.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Hannibal on NBC. I just started a few days ago and it hooked me hard. I'm up to the 4th episode of season 2 now, probably going to watch 5 as well tonight.

One of my favorite shows and also one of my favorite Hannibals too.

Thor The Dark World on amazon instant video. I'm kinda excited that HBO scored a deal with Amazon Prime, so they will be putting some of their shows on Amazon Prime, shows like: Six Feet Under, True Blood, The Sapranos, just to name a few. One show they said they wouldn't be putting on there is Game of Thrones, I can understand why.

Anyone else have Prime? I thought about making a thread but then decided against it. I really like their selection. Similar enough to Netflix but distinct enough to have it's own identity.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Anyone else have Prime? I thought about making a thread but then decided against it. I really like their selection. Similar enough to Netflix but distinct enough to have it's own identity.
    i have prime!
    my fiancee uses it to watch a lot of BBC and masterpiece stuff that isn't on netflix or PBS (on the appleTV), i use it to watch old cartoons that aren't on netflix, and together, we use it to watch bad 80s movies. it's pretty great. won't need it for the HBO stuff since we have HBO go hooked up on our appleTV (through my parents' HBO subscription muahahaha).
    plus, i order a shit ton of stuff from amazon, so the free 2-day shipping is fantastic. and at $80/year it's actually cheaper (and a way better deal, because of the free shipping) than netflix.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i have prime!
    my fiancee uses it to watch a lot of BBC and masterpiece stuff that isn't on netflix or PBS (on the appleTV), i use it to watch old cartoons that aren't on netflix, and together, we use it to watch bad 80s movies. it's pretty great. won't need it for the HBO stuff since we have HBO go hooked up on our appleTV (through my parents' HBO subscription muahahaha).
    plus, i order a shit ton of stuff from amazon, so the free 2-day shipping is fantastic. and at $80/year it's actually cheaper (and a way better deal, because of the free shipping) than netflix.
    Hmm, interesting; I've had Prime for years and they've been bugging the shit out of me to use this Amazon instant shit but I've been ignoring them. Maybe I should give it a shot.

What I'm watching:

I'm addicted to some of these TLC reality shows, e.g.:

• The Little Couple
    • My Five Wives
    • Long Island Medium
    • Sister Wives
    Last edited by allegro; 04-23-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    rupaul's drag race season 6, yo

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Just started watching Hannibal, really getting into it and cannot wait to see what happens as it progresses. Definitely getting the hype.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Hmm, interesting; I've had Prime for years and they've been bugging the shit out of me to use this Amazon instant shit but I've been ignoring them. Maybe I should give it a shot.
    if you have prime, anything prime-eligible in their instant video library is completely free for you to watch. you literally have nothing to lose...except time, i suppose.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Just started watching Hannibal, really getting into it and cannot wait to see what happens as it progresses. Definitely getting the hype.
    I ripped through every episode in just a few days. The first season is a slow burn, slowly building the characters and letting you soak up all of the little details that make up Hannibal and Will who they are. The second season is, to paraphrase a post I saw on reddit, 13 episodes spent driving full-speed into a brick wall. I love that there are so many nice, subtle references to the movies and books, despite the show taking a lot of liberties to be its own things. Supposedly, if it goes on long enough, Bryan Fuller wants to make seasons 4-6 Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal (respectively), and then end on a 7th season with a new creation that has characters introduced in those seasons all involved together on something else.

Apparently fuller is having trouble getting the rights to the characters from Silence though because MGM has the film rights to the book and they're being dicks, but Fuller's said that if he can't get them he's still going to go ahead with it and just use different names and make irrelevant changes for Clarice Starling and Buffalo Bill, for legal purposes.

--------

Tonight I'm watching this, because who the fuck knows why:

*edit* the soundtrack to this movie is 90s nostalgic as fucl
    Last edited by ibanez33; 04-25-2014 at 03:28 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    ^^ Seasons 4 was the best one by a landslide, from then on it goes downhill

Bates Motel almost made me piss myself tonight, next weeks finale might kill me.This show is seriously top-tier television, I'd say it's the best show currently going (Hannibal being a close second), and overall close to Breaking Bad or The Wire. It's almost exactly like Hannibal in that it's a build-up to a famous horror story but BM focuses more on story telling whereas Hannibal tends to squeeze in a "killer of the week" thing like ever other crime show, while taking away time from the story that the audience actually cares about.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I caught up on this show on-demand. The computer graphics are not spectacular and I'm sure they are taking a lot of liberties with the true story, but it's not a waste of time to watch. I like period pieces and Jamie Bell. Not bad to remind 'Mericans what the colonists, affectionately referred to as rebels, were really fighting for. I get the 2nd amendment. I also get unlawful searches and seizures, and cruel and unusual punishment too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anyone know of anyone good Vampire TV shows or movies from Netflix or amazon prime? Thanks in advance. The last movie I saw was Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Anyone know of anyone good Vampire TV shows or movies from Netflix or amazon prime? Thanks in advance. The last movie I saw was Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring.
    I think today is the day that Netflix is adding Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman to Streaming in the US. Not the best movie but definitely worth watching if you've not seen it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    More of a What aren't you watching post:

I've never seen Mike & Molly but I keep getting the impression from people I normally respect that it's actually a good show. All I know is that I'll never find out and I'm perfectly fine leaving it that way.
    Last edited by hobochic; 05-02-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Not netflix or amazon prime, but I think Showtime: Penny Dreadful. Caught the first episode. Ewwww, to me, scary, creepy, gothic.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Netflix turned "From Dusk Til Dawn" into a new series, and it's really fucking good. Or you could watch the movie it's based on, which is also really fucking good.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 05-04-2014 at 02:26 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Watching License to Kill, a very underrated Bond film, very dark and vengeful

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I watched Lars van Trier's Antichrist last night and have decided art house bullshit might not be for me. Certainly intriguing and beautifully shot, but jesus christ what the fuck.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I watched Lars van Trier's Antichrist last night and have decided art house bullshit might not be for me. Certainly intriguing and beautifully shot, but jesus christ what the fuck.
    Movie sucks and appeals to me as shock value with little substance. I get the themes, overtones and direction but the storytelling and visualization is just...eh.