Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 4619

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Girl on a Train. I liked it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Star Trek Beyond

Still painful to watch; not because it's terribly bad (I actually do enjoy many parts of it) but, you know, absent friends...

I'm still pissed at Bones though; why did he go check Chekov's locker? You're a doctor,man, not a thief and it's totally uncool.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Trent recommend this one on Twitter, and now I am as well. Absolutely sickening stuff.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen Harper's Island and/or The Strain? Looking into a new "horror" series. Running out of ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been watching past episodes of Shameless. A rollercoaster of heartbreak. I like the perspective of the show but it's got the attention span of a Saturday morning cartoon.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Has anyone seen Harper's Island and/or The Strain? Looking into a new "horror" series. Running out of ideas.
    The Strain is cool. First season is a little shaky but season 2 was awesome. I have 3 episodes left in season 3 but it's also been good.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

My favorite Scorsese

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Season 3 of Transparent. So many good, complicated characters.
    Last edited by Dra508; 11-17-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    AMC's Halt And Catch Fire

A little late to the show, but man is it good. Easily top 3 for AMC along with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Binge watched seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix. Me and my girl couldn't wait, so I bought the third season on Amazon digitally... a first for me buying a show/movie digitally. That's how good it is. We had to do it cuz we wanted to know what happens.

Apparently AMC is giving it a fourth and final season to bring it to a close. Shame cuz this show deserves success and more seasons. I think AMC just didn't know how to advertise it because it was nothing like me and my girl expected. My girl loved Mad Men, but says Halt And Catch Fire is a much stronger show.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh, and saw Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them on Thursday... so frigging good. Bring on Parts 2, 3, 4 and 5! Plenty of connections to the Potterverse.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @DigitalChaos Have you seen the documentary Zero Days? Thoughts?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just finished Goliath. Strange that noone is talking about it - it has Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt in it and I Hurt was immense. Should definately be nominated for an Emmy.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I've been meaning to but haven't taken the time yet. Ill report back when I do. Soon, hopefully. I have heard great things about Kim Zetter's book with the same name (and topic). I don't believe the documentary used her book though.
    Just watched it and I thought it was fascinating. It was straightforward and steered away from being a propaganda piece. If nations do possess the capabilities the day described in the movie, we shouldn't be afraid of nuclear bombs but cyber attacks instead.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I found the trick used about that one key witness to be obviously necessary, yet somewhat dishonest. You're basically making up a testimony for an hour before coming clean about it. It was effective, sure, but in essence the whole portrayal is made up and the testimony questionable.
    Beyond that nitpick it was great.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    in the last week, my wife and i watched all three of the Librarian movies (TNT made-for-tv movies starring noah wylie). the first was good, the second was so-so, and the third was fantastic!
    and, yeah, they're pretty cheesy, but that's ok. also, 2 & 3 were directed by jonathan frakes (riker from star trek TNG). his cameo in the third involves him playing the trombone (just like riker) and we both just about lost it.
    can't wait to start watching the tv series!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Season 3 of Transparent. So many good, complicated characters.
    I'm one of the few people that thinks that show gets better every season. I absolutely loved season 3 and cannot wait until we get more next year.

Also, kind of a cool bonus, the water park scene was filmed in my hometown, literally half a mile from the house I grew up in. I remember when that was just a giant dirt lot (that thing was only built in the last five years or so) and I drove past it all the time. Crazy.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just finished the Gilmore Girls reunion. It was beautiful, and I cried.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    I saw bits of it as I did cry when Lorelai called her mother about a moment she had with her father while I was in joy of seeing Emily Gilmore go 2Pac on the DAR by saying "bullshit" as that was shocking.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them: another half-assed, poorly-written Hollywood cash grab. After watching this film, I wished to be obliviated. Over-long, under-developed characters, several boring and/or scenes that should have been cut. What a mess. Despite all that, there was a certain charm to some of the characters. Nevertheless, J. K. Rowling should be ashamed of herself for putting forward such an awful script. Extra fail points go to the director, for truly souless, by-the-numbers shots and awful scenes where the dramatic timing/pace falls flat.

2/10. I want my money back. Another fuck you to Hollywood, making 2016 the worst year ever for Hollywood cash-grabs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I watched Paterson yesterday. A nice, quiet movie about bus driver/poet in Paterson, New Jersey. Ironically the character's name is Paterson. And more ironically the actor's name is driver.

If you like Jim Jarmush films, go see it. And if you don't know any Jim Jarmush films, you're missing out big. Although I don't know if this would be the best place to start. For that I'd recommend Only Lovers Left Alive!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i just discovered 60 Days In on A&E.
    Guilty pleasure at its finest!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    As did I (just finished watching it earlier today). I have a Y chromosome, and I've loved this show for years. I was so excited about the revival, and overall, it did not disappoint.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avesjohn View Post
    As did I (just finished watching it earlier today). I have a Y chromosome, and I've loved this show for years. I was so excited about the revival, and overall, it did not disappoint.
    Likewise, on both counts. I dearly love this show; Stars Hollow is my "Happy Place", and I would live there if I could. Gender be damned, right? Gilmore Girls is such a special show.

There appears to be a lot of negative press about the reboot, but there were moments of perfection there. Ones that so beautifully drew on the emotions, for those of us invested in the relationships.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Watching final episode 10 of the Netflix series "The Crown."

They allegedly spent $100 million on this series, and it shows. I really enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Watching final episode 10 of the Netflix series "The Crown."

They allegedly spent $100 million on this series, and it shows. I really enjoyed it.
    Yeah I hear great things about it. A week or two ago a photography teacher at my school spent like 20 minutes trying to explain to me why this show's cinematography was so amazing, describing certain shots with the most ridiculously technical descriptions, and it mostly went over my head, lol, but it still sounded really cool.

My big plan for the winter break is to watch this and the Fargo series, and to finish reading the Wealth of Nations. We'll see how that goes.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Yeah I hear great things about it. A week or two ago a photography teacher at my school spent like 20 minutes trying to explain to me why this show's cinematography was so amazing, describing certain shots with the most ridiculously technical descriptions, and it mostly went over my head, lol, but it still sounded really cool.

My big plan for the winter break is to watch this and the Fargo series, and to finish reading the Wealth of Nations. We'll see how that goes.
    Hans Zimmer did the awesome theme song.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

The new Criterion release of this is fantastic.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just saw Nocturnal Animals at the cinema. Great film, both aesthetically and structurally. I got a bit of a Brian de Palma vibe, although can't say why exactly if you ask me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller by Robert Altman as my b-day movie from the Criterion DVD I bought. Looks even better in its new transfer and still my favorite Robert Altman film.