Page 76 of 155 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 4627

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    I really liked the doc, and the book is probably worth picking up, too.

I love conspiracy theories, from Area 51 to the freemasons, and Scientology is the one batshit crazy conspiracy that is probably true! From vire tapping to modern day slavery and brainwashing, from blackmailed celebrities to lunatic sci-fi, it has everything a good story needs
    See, I'm on the other side of that. Scientology is a modern day cult. They've figured out a way to have these folks semi-integrated into society while still controlling their minds. I totally see that auditing being just another form of therapy that give the person a bio-feedback to feel good about themselves. You keep going up that bridge because you become addicted to the endorphin high.

LRH was batshit insane full stop.

I thought the doc did a descent job of being impartial. Except for the clips of the Tom Cruise interview where he starts laughing. The narrator sort of feed you this line about how crazy he was.

Whether it's soon or 50 years from now, it won't end well. It'll be another Jonestown, Waco, or Children of God finale.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Watched the HBO doc on Anne Richards. Love it, loved her, wish she had made it a bit farther in politics.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I watched Justin Bi ... (what the fuck is this farting sound when you scroll) Bieber's roast last night. They went pretty rough on the kid. Tame in comparison to other roasts but they still got him pretty hard.

As usual Jeff Ro ... (oh fuck it's April 1st now I get the fart thing) Jeff Ross delivered some "holy fuck" moment. One of which was cut out of the broadcast: "Move, bitch, get out of the way", is what Paul Walker should have told that tree',Too soon? Too fast? Too furious?”

The jaw-dropping joke of the night came from Pete Davidson: "I lost my dad on 9/11 and I always regretted growing up without a dad. Until I met your dad, Justin. Now I'm glad mine's dead."

It was fun seeing Bieber getting killed out there.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I watched Justin Bi ... (what the fuck is this farting sound when you scroll) Bieber's roast last night. They went pretty rough on the kid. Tame in comparison to other roasts but they still got him pretty hard.

As usual Jeff Ro ... (oh fuck it's April 1st now I get the fart thing) Jeff Ross delivered some "holy fuck" moment. One of which was cut out of the broadcast: "Move, bitch, get out of the way", is what Paul Walker should have told that tree',Too soon? Too fast? Too furious?”

The jaw-dropping joke of the night came from Pete Davidson: "I lost my dad on 9/11 and I always regretted growing up without a dad. Until I met your dad, Justin. Now I'm glad mine's dead."

It was fun seeing Bieber getting killed out there.
    I just saw the clip of Martha Stewart. I give her credit, I know she didn't write a word of it, but she said it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    High School seniors painting and sculpting, all cozy in their seats, with thoughts of their future prom and plan in their heads. I am constantly observing little details of everyone around me. The most missed and insignificant detail by most, is the one I pay most attention to. When people are focused and content with an activity, they tell you so much in their silence.

Real life can be just as entertaining as a movie!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Zodiac. Yes, again. I must have watched it about... I don't know; I've stopped counting.

Because it's AWESOME.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I Love Lucy and The Lucy Show.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Inside No 9 brilliant dark comedy

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Borgen - the Danish political series. Really quite excellent. I thought the third season added a nice touch.

Also, the Lego Movie: I didn't get it at first, but with each new level of meta I liked it more.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the shitty Jonathan Frakes live action movie.

It's not the original but it's not bad, everything's still fairly recognizable just modernized/remixed or fleshed out a bit. They really didn't change too much, some of the people on the Facebook page are whining about the smallest damn things...... to expect it to have looked the exact same is a naive way of thinking, clearly if you want the originals then stick to watching the original series it's not rocket science.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Drop Dead Fred is simply one of the funniest films of all time. Some scenes still make me cry with laughter.
    I know its a polarising film some hate it, most love it. But yeah...some of the scenes where Pheobe Cates character is trying to act normal and failing miserably and just ending up looking Schitzophrenic and absolutley fucking loopy insane trying to deal with Fred in her presence is comedy gold....so funny.
    My favourite cult comedy of the 90s.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Life Itself, the recent documentary about Roger Ebert, is now on Netflix and you're a fool if you don't watch it! Crazy rollercoaster of a movie. I was in tears by the end of it. Really powerful and really great.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

my wife and i just started watching this and WE CAN'T STOP. it's so good, and so adorable, and so fun. i'm over the moon that there are so many great cartoons being made right now (this and Gravity Falls are my current favorites, but Regular Show has just been getting better and better since it started). also really happy that this is the first cartoon ever created for Cartoon Network by a woman!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    "How the Universe Works" (Discovery/Science): I love watching TV about space since childhood, still fascinates me to the point of going mad. :-) The best so far for me were the BBC ones with Brian Cox (Wonders of Universe, Wonders of Solar System), but this one is also amazing, I learned ton of new things, e.g. Jupiter was once travelling towards the Sun, but together with Saturn they pulled themselves back out to current orbit... Or it takes millions (?) of years for photon to finally emerge from Sun, they don't want to let it go easily. :-) Or first atom appeared only thousand of years since Big Bang... Is there a life in Europa moon? Later when Sun will eat Earth, it will probably be water planet, and "they" don't really need Sun for heat... man, how is this all possible, aaargh... (going mad)
    Brian Cox also did a series recently called Human Universe, which has more of an anthropological theme. I really liked it. If you like his other shows, you'll dig this.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Nightcrawler - Jake Gyllenhaal in creepy mode.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Last Week Tonight. John Oliver interviews Edward Snowden in Moscow, and boils the espionage crisis down to the fact that government contractors can and do look at your dick. Also delivers some important criticism of how Snowden's chosen to leak the documents, so it's a surprisingly balanced piece.

Watch it. I can guarantee it'll be winning awards.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    About to dive head-first into season 2 of Broad City.

*edit* even better than the first season so far
    Last edited by ibanez33; 04-10-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I watched a little indie movie called Coherence last night. Holy shit that was awesome.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I watched a little indie movie called Coherence last night. Holy shit that was awesome.
    i posted about that a couple months ago because i loved it SO MUCH! perfect little indie sci-fi film. i love movies like that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Finally got round to watching Man of Steel....yes Henry Cavil looks good in 'the' suit, I found the film a bit overlong though.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Don't really know why I'm watching it, it's an odd one but I can't seem to turn away.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally watched The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus last night.
    i love terry gilliam, i loved every actor in the movie, and i loved the movie.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm finally catching up on the fourth season of Louie and it is phenomenal. I enjoyed the first three seasons (though the episodes were hit and miss) but this season has been the best, by far. I think delving into more serialized storytelling has really helped the show. I never thought I would be so emotionally engaged with this show but it's really grabbed me. Just riveting stuff.

Also, started Bloodline on Netflix. I had heard that the first eight episodes or so were really slow but the last four or five episodes were awesome. So far it has been slow but it is definitely keeping my interest. I can't say I'm blown away yet but I'm definitely going to continue.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Last Week Tonight. John Oliver interviews Edward Snowden in Moscow, and boils the espionage crisis down to the fact that government contractors can and do look at your dick. Also delivers some important criticism of how Snowden's chosen to leak the documents, so it's a surprisingly balanced piece.

Watch it. I can guarantee it'll be winning awards.
    After watching citizen four and then this interview, I feel like Oliver was mocking Ed Snowden. It wasn't funny. This shit is serious. Dick pics are private FFS.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Wanted.

Also know as the movie in which the young Professor X kicks Star-Lord's ass.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's time to watch the new Daredevil season. I'm really excited, since the lawyer-devil and Spider-Man are my favorite heroes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    Nightcrawler - Jake Gyllenhaal in creepy mode.
    Or, Jake Gyllenhaal in Christian Bale mode.

I didn't think he would pull it off as well as he did.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Fringe. I've never watched it before.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Ron Howard's Rush. Good enough character study about competition, suffers a little from cliche 70's stuff, AWESOME Hans Zimmer score.