Page 52 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 4617

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Hannibal TV series. I really like it so far. I've pretty much grown up with the Hannibal character. First film I saw was Silence of the Lambs. He's pretty much my favorite villain besides The Joker. Mads does an excellent job as Hannibal I think. I can't wait until season 2 premieres.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    The Ultimate Spiderman cartoon series. Loving it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just got home from a screening of Akira.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Lord of the rings for the second time finally.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Monuments Men today with the old man. An enjoyable enough experience, not sure why it's getting so poorly rated among critics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just watched Laurence Anyways.
    I liked the way it displayed 80's fashion and music through breathtaking colors.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The Counselor- This was one of those things that should work. Everybody involved is very good or great at what they do, but all the impeccable ingredients don't add up. That little 'chemistry' factor seems to be missing.

1) The Cormac McCarthy script is a little weird- the language is very showy and doesn't sound like how real people would talk, but it could work if it was handled by a director with theatrical experience.
    2) Ridley Scott is a very 'Hollywood' director at this point, and his slick style doesn't meld well with the theatrical nature of the script.
    3) Micheal Fassbender seems like he is missing something in his switch to an American accent, like he is trying not to let his real accent come through and is missing some of the nuance he usually brings.
    4) Brad Pitt seems extremely chilled out in situations where he should be very, very worried.

Its like when you have some friends who are all good peoples, but they don't seem to have fun when they get together. The chemistry just doesn't mix well. A more 'talky' director could have faired better; I could see the director of Sexy Beast smashing this out of the park. Fassbender's role could've been done more naturally by Edward Norton or somebody like that. All in all, an interesting movie, could've been worse, but could've been a lot better.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    So much Top Gear. I know fuck all about cars but somehow I still love this show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Saw a film called Prozac Nation with Christina Ricci, watched it because Lou Reed was in it too. i remember it gained a bit of notoriety because it was due to be released in September 2001 but the director said that 9/11 was a 'beautiful thing' and it got delayed then never released.
    But i think i understand the real reason it never came out, that's because the acting, directing, camera work, editing is so bad it resembles Tommy Wisseau's The Room. Lou Reed's scene is mortally embarrassing.
    Such a Clusterfuck.

Speaking of Bad rock star cameo's also saw a film called Basquait based on the artist, a much better film, with an awesome soundtrack about a great artist, except i didnt understand why David Bowie was playing Andy Warhol, Bowie cannot do an American accent to save his life! I think his dodgy accent playing Andy was part of the Arty aesthetic of the film??? Good film either way but didnt get the Bowie scenes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Lego Movie.
    I don't think I stopped smiling once during the entire movie.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    mostly caught up in community on hulu plus... have never seen it until now. love it so very, very much so far!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Watched Gravity tonight with my wife. Fuck, what a movie!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Battle Royale was pretty badass.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Norwegian Wood - slow, bleak, arty

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I just watched Red Dragon for the first time in about 10 years, forgot how good it was and picked up on a lot of little things since I was like 12 when I first saw it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

This movie was fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "One Hour Photo" on blu-ray w/ commentary from Romanek and Robin Williams. Great track. Williams is serious 95% of the time and it's refreshing and insightful. Definitely check it out if you haven't.

Am I the only one who hears "Leaving Hope" any time they think of this movie or the character of Sy? As long as I've know that some of TR's unused score was finished for Still, I can't NOT think of One Hour Photo when I hear it. I like the final score, but to me, "Leaving Hope" is the perfect theme for Sy Parrish.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The last season of Breaking Bad on Netflix. I love Walter White's transformation. From teacher to Drug Kingpin. Probably my favorite show ever besides Hannibal.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tonight I'm re-watching all of the Rickety Cricket episodes of Always Sunny

*edit* The season 2 premier of Bates Motel was AWESOME!!!!! Now I'm going to finally start watching Sherlock.

*edit* Sherlock's good

*edit* Sherlock's REALLY good.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 03-05-2014 at 04:00 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    new 300 movie was entertaining as hell. it didnt take itself too seriously. the characters were all attractive and a thrill to watch. i enjoyed myself

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Really enjoyed this one, I actually thought it was better than I had expected. Really loved the character development. I can't wait until the last two movies. Revolutions for the win.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Really enjoyed this one, I actually thought it was better than I had expected. Really loved the character development. I can't wait until the last two movies. Revolutions for the win.
    It's better than the first. Less shaky-cam, more suspense. Plus, Jena Malone aka THE BEST IN THE WORLD

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    New Rick and Morty, Archer, and Bates Motel tonight!!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Time to watch Leggo movie for the 3rd time. LOL

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The U.S. adaptation of Being Human is moving into its endgame, and it's producing the best episodes of its entire run. I love the new alternate timeline they've slipped into. Four episodes left!