Page 51 of 154 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 4618

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Final season of Treme. ​Sad to see it go.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

The Ninth Gate.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    American Hustle had its moments but IMO wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Warlock (1989) and Young Einstein. Both are awesome movies and a guilty pleasure of mine.

How can you not like a drooling, leather chewing Richard E. Grant? And Einstein the kitten savior?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Warlock (1989) and Young Einstein. Both are awesome movies and a guilty pleasure of mine.

How can you not like a drooling, leather chewing Richard E. Grant? And Einstein the kitten savior?
    Never feel guilty about Frau Bueller! Nyyeeeeeaaaaaaah

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    About to start The Way Way Back. All I know is it was written (or co-written) by Dean Pelton Jim Rash, and has Sam Rockwell in it. So I'm excited.

*edit* lots of super awkward and depressing moments but overall a super awesome movie. Pretty much nailed what it's like to be a kid on a shitty family vacation. And Sam Rockwell was amazing, as always.

*edit 2: electric boogaloo* Wolf of Wall Street was amazing. It was long as fuck but I could have watched another hour or 2.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 01-09-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Mandela Long Walk to Freedom

Quite good. Naomie Harris underrated in this she was excellent.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    FB conversation with theruiner reminded me of just how awesome (and terrifying) the series "Oz" was. Insanely good cast, playing some of the most brutally violent people you'll see on TV.

It's J.K. Simmons' birthday is how it came up...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    ^^ gotta start watching that soon.

Tonight I'm watching Hot Shots Part Deux. Fucking love the Apocalpse Now gag with Martin and Charlie Sheen.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    ^^ gotta start watching that soon.

Tonight I'm watching Hot Shots Part Deux. Fucking love the Apocalpse Now gag with Martin and Charlie Sheen.
    "I loved ya in Wall Street"

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Since I'm currently in the process of moving into an apartment in Hollywood, I watched this documentary called Confessions of a Superhero. It's about the people who dress up in costumes and take pictures with tourists... and wow was that depressing. I always just thought they were kind of annoying and embarrassing, but now I know that some of them are wildly delusional, and that Batman guy might be a complete psycho.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    12 Years a Slave, good but a hard watch.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Don Jon was pretty weird but overall enjoyable. I felt like it cut short at the end though, the credits started rolling and I expected another scene or 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

speaking of richard e grant i've been re-watching all the posh nosh episodes on youtube.
    also saw american hustle, thought it was great. jen lawrence steals every scene.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Don Jon was pretty weird but overall enjoyable. I felt like it cut short at the end though, the credits started rolling and I expected another scene or 2.
    i quite liked how the relationship with Barbara never worked out kind of like 500 Days of Summer.

I finally got around to watching Drive and really liked it. Definitely deserves the praise its gotten. But theres something about Carey Mulligan that really annoys me..I couldn't stand her in the Great Gatsby either.
    Last edited by rhet; 01-12-2014 at 06:02 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sherlock series 3 finale

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Season 5 premier of Archer was pretty great, can't wait to see where they take the show from here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Inside Llewyn Davis. I thought the movie was great. It made me kind of depressed afterward but the more I thought about it the more I really loved the movie.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    The 25th anniversary Blu-ray of The princes Brides.
    Amazing transfer and tones of extras. I have such fond memory's of this film it really was a great purchase.

Season premiere of Archer was also fantastic and hilarious, it seems like they haven't missed a step.

Edit: I can't wait for Season Three of Sherlock Holmes to be available on netflix. I want to know how Sherlock survived at the end of season 2, its such a mind f***.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 01-16-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Charlie Countryman. I think most reviewers thought it was shit, and I could see where they're coming from, but I actually liked it. Its flaws are evident: the story has too many random coincidences and the two leads fall in love way too fast(which happens a lot in movies), but the cinematography is great(it looks like a blend of Wong Kar-Wai and Ridley Scott elements), and the music fits very well in it. Also, Mads Mikkelsen is there doing crazy eyes. I hope the director can dig himself out of this perceived failure and get another gig, because I think he has talent and if he could get paired with a good script he'd do well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Been watching the few episodes of Rick and Morty. Easily one of Adult Swim's better shows. I have hope for this series.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Been watching the few episodes of Rick and Morty. Easily one of Adult Swim's better shows. I have hope for this series.
    Just came here to post this. Rick and Morty forever M*belch* Morty, a hundred times Rick and Morty.

Also, last night one of the writers accidentally already said they're working on season 2, so I'm sure we've got a lot of great adventures to look forward to!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just came here to post this. Rick and Morty forever M*belch* Morty, a hundred times Rick and Morty.

Also, last night one of the writers accidentally already said they're working on season 2, so I'm sure we've got a lot of great adventures to look forward to!
    That's awesome! The more episodes the better, really.

"Pirates of the Pancreas?"
    "You got a problem with that last one there, Morty!?"

My favorite episode is easily the one where Dogs take over.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Anatomy Park is my favorite but they're all top-notch. For everyone who isn't in the loop, they're all on YouTube. Here's the Pilot:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Probably my new favorite DCU film. I like it slightly more than The Flashpoint Paradox. I highly recommend it. The inclusion of Shazam and Cyclops was one of my favorite things.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Anthony Bourdain marathon of No Reservations/The Layover/Parts Unknown. Playing them in background while I get some work done. Making me hungry.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The Holy Mountain. I don't even know...

"Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    The Holy Mountain. I don't even know...

"Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles."
    i don't have much interest in ever watching that movie (or any of this movies) but i love "lotus island" the album that black light burns did that supposedly goes along with the film.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Finally catching up with Downton Abbey. I had been real skeptical due to "popular excitement" over the series but now understand why it's been so popular. Finished off Season 3 night before last. My favorite season so far. Season 2 ended with me not caring about anyone. Season 4 looks kind of intense.
    Last edited by sentient02970; 01-28-2014 at 08:08 AM.