Page 108 of 154 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 4619

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Dark! If you have Netflix you should watch it. Right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i was reminded the other day that this movie exists (i watched it many times as a pre-teen with friends), so my wife, our two friends, and i all gathered to watch it last night. it...does not hold up hahaha. but it was beautiful for us as genuine fans of shitty movies.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i saw that in the smaller theater at the music box when it came out and just sat there and cried for like 10 minutes after the movie ended.
    One of the few movies that made me cry.

I saw Logan Lucky the other day and loved it. Soderbergh is a brilliant director, but the scripts he picks are hit or miss. Thankfully, LL was a great return to form.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Limehouse Golem - not bad, but the end I first i thought was clever and then it was like but how!

The Girl on the Train - not as bad as i thought it might be, a good turn from Emily Blunt

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Field of Dreams

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    used my day of feeling sick and finally watched two david fincher movies i hadn't seen (despite being a huge fincher fan)

Zodiac was amazing. like, so amazing that after finishing it, i immediately ordered a blu-ray of the director's cut (for only $8 on amazon) and i can't wait to watch that version.

The Game was good, but not quite as incredible once i got to the end. it felt a little lackluster to have it end the way it does. however, the rest of the film was great, and fincher's directing style is always a pleasure to watch.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    We went to see Blockers last night, and it was an excellent comedy! Also, the trailer doesn't really show it, but the teenager characters are also very funny and well written, not the stereotypical millenial bullshit one might suspect. It was great!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Zodiac was amazing. like, so amazing that after finishing it, i immediately ordered a blu-ray of the director's cut (for only $8 on amazon) and i can't wait to watch that version.
    I wouldn't consider myself a huge David Fincher fan, but there really is something special about Zodiac. It's something I've returned to over and over through the years, and I love it more each time. The texture and cinematography is so clean and fluid. I love the 70s setting and the music (especially Hurdy Gurdy Man, holy shit). Some of the scenes are so deeply terrifying. I think my favorite scene in the whole thing is when they go to interview Arthur Leigh Allen at his job.

I think what I love about this movie the most is how it alters the standard crime film formula. The case doesn't build and build to a huge satisfying conclusion. It's more like a case study in obsession, where we follow these guys through the years and watch their lives get consumed by this mystery that has no answer.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I wouldn't consider myself a huge David Fincher fan, but there really is something special about Zodiac. It's something I've returned to over and over through the years, and I love it more each time. The texture and cinematography is so clean and fluid. I love the 70s setting and the music (especially Hurdy Gurdy Man, holy shit). Some of the scenes are so deeply terrifying. I think my favorite scene in the whole thing is when they go to interview Arthur Leigh Allen at his job.

I think what I love about this movie the most is how it alters the standard crime film formula. The case doesn't build and build to a huge satisfying conclusion. It's more like a case study in obsession, where we follow these guys through the years and watch their lives get consumed by this mystery that has no answer.
    director's cut came today. hoping my wife will be up for watching it this weekend.

that basement scene was one of the most unsettling things ever. talk about a palpable sense of dread. Spoiler: do you think that guy was also a serial killer? do you think there was more than one zodiac? either way, my fear of basements has reached a new high (low?) after that.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I love that movie.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I love that movie.
    I could watch Zodiac everyday of the week for a year and never get bored by it. That movie does things to me.

Whoever this is, you owe me another lamp.
    Also: i'll ask again: anyone else watching AMC's The Terror? If you're not, you're missing one hell of a series and Jared Harris best performance ever. Shame on all of you!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    anyone else watching AMC's The Terror?
    Yeah, I watched the whole thing through and really liked it! Had a Stephen King vibe to it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    I think it was mentioned somewhere already, Lucky (2017).
    Another movie about similar topic, The Last Movie Star (AKA Dog Years) liked it very much. And again the look into camera in the end.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5836316/ (Burt Reynolds)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been trying to watch more films lately, there's so many that I've missed or wanted to check out. I started a trial on Netflix recently, and so far over the past few days, I've seen Full Metal Jacket, Whiplash and Apocalypse Now Redux. They're all brilliant films.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Infinity War.

Thought the last few 'solo' Marvel films have been a lot better, this one ranks more on par with the first Avengers for me. So, fine, not amazing. All seems to obey its own internal logic which only makes sense when the film needs it to. Pretty downbeat. Most of the characters get their chance to shine, which is becoming an increasingly difficult task with a cast this size, so that's well done.

If you're not a Marvel fan then don't believe the hype, this film definitely won't make you one. If you are, you'll be seeing it anyway. If you're on the fence like me, it's just about worth watching.

One post-credits scene, right at the *very* end.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Cobra Kai.

HOLY FUCK.
    I turned this on our of morbid curiosity, but believe it or not, the first episode is pretty fucking good!
    It has an interesting story, emotional depth, metaphors, brilliant juxtaposition, and meta moments.

I can't believe it. If they keep up this level of quality (which shouldn't be hard for a show that, I think, will have a total runtime of about 4.5 hours,) it will be pretty damn cool

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Probably the best post-apocalyptic film of the last 50 years. GY!BE is utilized masterfully.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Elementary (Season 6)

Poor, poor Sherlock.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Elementary (Season 6)

Poor, poor Sherlock.
    i hate that it's one of those shows that doesn't go up on hulu until the season is over, and i'm sure as shit not paying for CBS all access, so i have to wait to be able to watch it. and with the cliffhanger of last season's ending, i'm very, very frustrated about that.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    i hate that it's one of those shows that doesn't go up on hulu until the season is over, and i'm sure as shit not paying for CBS all access, so i have to wait to be able to watch it. and with the cliffhanger of last season's ending, i'm very, very frustrated about that.
    I'm watching via iTunes (day after Season pass). [redacted quasi-spolier text]!!!!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    Dark! If you have Netflix you should watch it. Right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hey so, can you tell me if I'm supposed to understand what's going on in Dark during the first two episodes? Because it's fucking baffling, and I'm a huge twin peaks fan so I'm used to that sort of thing, but this is on another level.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    hey so, can you tell me if I'm supposed to understand what's going on in Dark during the first two episodes? Because it's fucking baffling, and I'm a huge twin peaks fan so I'm used to that sort of thing, but this is on another level.
    I didn’t understand what was happening for several episodes. Are you watching it with subtitles? Try not to watch with the dubbing, I’ve heard it’s terrible.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    I didn’t understand what was happening for several episodes. Are you watching it with subtitles? Try not to watch with the dubbing, I’ve heard it’s terrible.
    I was actually watching with the dub AND the subtitles. My wife said she was too sleepy to read subtitles so I had the dub on for her. The voice acting isn't great and the translation is different.
    But yeah, I'm glad to know it took a bit for it to come together for you, too. We will keep at it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

What Are You Watching?

as bad as I remember lol.
    but a fun watch

Last edited by [parasite]; 05-18-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been watching a lot of The Wire and Oz recently

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    as bad as I remember lol.
    but a fun watch
    i tried to get my wife to watch this a couple months ago and she, uh...made me turn it off after 15 minutes.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i tried to get my wife to watch this a couple months ago and she, uh...made me turn it off after 15 minutes.
    haha that's why we're watching it my wife has never seen it, I was hoping never to see it again!