Page 102 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 4613

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.
    Yeah.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    for some reason i've never watched this!
    but a very dear friend has persuaded me to watch her favourite movie

here goes....

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It Comes At Night. MY BODY WAS NOT READY.

This doesn't really give anything away, and don't take it too literally, but if this was the closest we ever get to a movie of The Last of Us, I'd be 100% cool with that. SO similar in tone and horror and humanity and just FUCK.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife and i started hannibal last week and we're kind of addicted. we have two episodes left of season one. (no spoilers, please!)

eddie izzard has been fantastic, though it's always weird to hear him do an american accent.
    i'm in love with mads mikkelsen & hugh dancy. and i just want to snuggle all of will's dogs.

i've never been so enamored with a show that's also so upsetting and gross.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Just finished the first season. Really great show, a good mix of humor, quirk and intrigue. Probably some of Kurtwood Smith's best work.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

got this in the post this morning, lol.
    oh the memories

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

I have no idea why people don't like Sofia Coppola, because good Christ what a movie. I've always adored Lost in Translation but was weary to venture further into her body of work due to the attitudes I've seen held toward her, but after this? Wow. I wanna see everything she's ever done now.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post

I have no idea why people don't like Sofia Coppola, because good Christ what a movie. I've always adored Lost in Translation but was weary to venture further into her body of work due to the attitudes I've seen held toward her, but after this? Wow. I wanna see everything she's ever done now.
    LiT is my all-time favorite film and Sofia is my favorite filmmaker. I have yet to be disappointed by her as I'm going to see The Beguiled this weekend. After all, I'm a hardcore Sofia fanboy. I even wrote a list of 10 reasons why I think LiT is the best film ever just to prove how insane I am: http://thevoid99.blogspot.com/2013/0...lation-is.html

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I watched Baby Driver last night. It was pretty awesome. The music, acting, story, characters and action were all great and it was a really fun film to watch. As far as films go this year (and there have been a lot of good films) this is up there, not quite as good as Logan or Your Name for me but defiantly a film worth seeing and will be on many's peoples "film of the year" list, check it out.

Next is Despicable Me 2, Spider man and War of the Planet of the Apes

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Enjoying my day off

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    i haven't seen all her films, but the ones i've seen, i've loved. but here's why i have a problem with her - http://www.theroot.com/sophia-coppol...e-b-1796386121

To make a long story short, Coppola—a white female director—has found herself in the middle of swirling controversy regarding her decision to completely omit canonical black female characters from her adaptation of The Beguiled, which marks the second time this book has been adapted.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well Despicable Me 3 was just forgettably dull! It's really telling when a kids film has an audience 2/3's full of kids that spent 90 minutes yawning and crying, and in some cases leaving early. Just a really dull and forgettable piece of churned out trash.
    The only good thing about it was Tra Parker's character. Also Illumination really need to chill out with their digs at Pixar in their films, they are just embarrassing and pathetic when in films like this.
    Not even worth seeing if you have kids, there are 100's of better options on Netflix.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Motivational Growth (2013). Well, this was really weird, i like it. :-) Some absurd "wtf is happening" stuff.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1754228

"Tell me again that I'm not there."
    "This is ridiculous, Jack."

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Fuck, so I REALLY liked Baby Driver. One of my favorites this year. I feel like this is closer to what some people were expecting with Drive, though. And I don't mean that as a dig at Drive, because it's still one of my all-time favorites, but I know there was a lot of confusion from the general public because it looked so action-packed in advertisements.

Anyway, I wanted a funny, over-the-top action car chase movie, and I super got it. Not to mention the music speaks for itself, never mind the way it's used in the film (SO MANY SYNCHRONIZED MOMENTS). Well done, mister Wright!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Another message with tons of caps - FUCKING GO WATCH BLACK MIRROR. I just finished season 3 episode 1 and I STOOD AND CHEERED IN MY LIVING ROOM. Absolutely magnificent show.

Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I watched Baby Driver last night. It was pretty awesome. The music, acting, story, characters and action were all great and it was a really fun film to watch. As far as films go this year (and there have been a lot of good films) this is up there, not quite as good as Logan or Your Name for me but defiantly a film worth seeing and will be on many's peoples "film of the year" list
    Quoted solely because Baby Driver and Your Name are both equally deserving of all the attention they can get. I actually still have the soundtracks for both getting really heavy rotation on my phone, heh. YEAH I SING "DREAM LANTERN" IN MY CAR SO WHAT.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 07-11-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

been meaning to watch this for ages

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Mr. Robot. Without a doubt my favorite TV show ever. I can't wait for season 3.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Totally addictive and wacky

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just started watching this series. Thoroughly enjoying so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We used NIN's Ghosts as a soundtrack for our short, check it out:

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Oh fudge! Shin Godzilla is FINALLY getting a limited cinema run in the UK, and the only cinema close to me was an independent cinema miles from me really late at night (which would make getting home an issue) but it was the only one so i bought a ticket...then a week later cineworld announce they're showing it (i have a cineworld card, so it wouldn't have cost me anything) at a cinema MUCH closer to me and at a much earlier time. And the Indie cinema don't offer refunds under any circumstances, all sales are final...FUDGE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Binged my way through Season 1 of Netflix's Ozark this weekend. A pretty solid series and works at the Breaking Bad mode of anxiety. I think Bateman works pretty well for this kind of role but I find myself sometimes seeing him as Michael Bluth trying to troubleshoot every obstacle in his way.

Edit: By the way, I noted a very Ghosts/Atticus vibe to the soundtrack on this. It's a lovely piece of ambience to a good pacing of stress in a storyline.
    Last edited by sentient; 07-24-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient View Post
    Binged my way through Season 1 of Netflix's Ozark this weekend. A pretty solid series and works at the Breaking Bad mode of anxiety. I think Bateman works pretty well for this kind of role but I find myself sometimes seeing him as Michael Bluth trying to troubleshoot every obstacle in his way.

Edit: By the way, I noted a very Ghosts/Atticus vibe to the soundtrack on this. It's a lovely piece of ambience to a good pacing of stress in a storyline.
    I also watched Ozark in its entirety and absolutely loved it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    This show called Blood Drive, it's just in it's first season.

It's kind of awesome and hilarious, super cheesy B-movie style acting and effects, very Grindhouse-y, there's sex scenes where they put big black censors over genitals and penetration.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Riverdale is SO much better than i thought it was going to be. it's socially conscious without being overbearing about it, it's intriguing, and it's fun.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    i just re-watched this for the first time in 5-7 years. i think this film holds up really well for being marked towards kids almost 30 years ago. heres a few screen caps i grabbed: