Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Muse...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    With Dubstep... haters will be haters.
    I think the issue with that is that it's a bandwagon genre now, just like all pop and some rappers have to use electronic and dance beats these days.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ I agree. With artists you can tell that they are jumping on it a lot more. I am leaning more towards the haters that say it isn't music or it is "So easy", or "Not that hard" to do it. Yes a lot more genres take more time and effort and to make a cohesive sound, but there are a lot of Dubstep tracks that impress me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's not so much that they "jumping on a banwagon" or whatever, it's more that the band that I loved so much back in the day is essentially dead.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Have you even seen the band live? They put on one hell of a show.......

Production was an A+ but outside of that i thought they weren't worth spending all that money to go see.
    Last edited by GoodSoldier333; 06-22-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    screw you guys, say what you will... i thought the new song was pretty damn good. can wait for the album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like the track too. Quite a bit. Then again, I'm one of the minority who isn't too fussed on anything post 'Origin' with the exception of the seemingly much-hated 'Resistance'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i like all the albums, some more than others of course. but i think every album has great songs. resistance isnt my favorite, but not nearly as bad as people make it out to be... unnatural selection and the exogensis 3 parter are great, and undisclosed desires transfers BEAUTIFULLY live, i didnt like that one until i heard it at the show.

i have now listened to survival like 6 times... i love it. the orchestra shit, backing vocals, his voice sounds great, and it ROCKS.

skip to 2:24 and tell me that isnt awesome.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Egh... Not sure about this one either... Sometimes I even wonder if this is still even the same band? the background stuff is kinda cool, but enough with ripping off Queen. Some people may love this. Personally, I hated Queen. I can see the obvious influence. Resistance, but a little darker? I dunno...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New song is ok, just not really surprising at all... it's, well... it's just another overly dramatic Muse track
    Its not horrible, but doesnt excite. Hell, I was more surprised by that trailer dubsteppy thing.
    Last great album was Absolution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate the new song, but I hated the Resistance so go figure. Although it saddens me to say it, I think Muse are dead to me - the dramatic stuff just doesn't float my boat at all and that's the path they seem dead set on right now so...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Sassy Little Richard/angry black woman moment at the end there.

It's painfully banal in my opinion, but it did help me point the finger on exactly why I've lost faith in them: they're trying to do EVERYTHING in a track and as a result it just feels messy and unfocused.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Been listening to Black Holes a lot lately. God that is album is good.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Which is the official song for the London 2012 Olympics.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    New song is rubbish. The only part I liked was the guitar. I cannot take this seriously at all.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I wanted to like this song. I did. The orchestral bit at the start even got me interested, but no. Just no. I'm not saying it's a bad song, there are some cool guitar moments, the crunchy last quarter of the song even borderline slays, but it's just not my kind of feel. Like Piko said, not a fan of Queen, and this screams Queen all over. I'll probably rip the album if I"m bored and no other music is getting my attention at the time, but I have no expectations, and I highly doubt as of now (based on the trailer and the single) that I'd pay to see this record performed live, so I'd say yeah, as others have mentioned, they are basically all but dead to me as a band too. Such a shame. But it happens.

Time to go and listen to the new A Place to Bury Strangers record to wash the taste out of my mouth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't think it was so bad. But then again, I only listened to it once.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Anyone think they're playing favorites picking Muse for the 2012 Summer Olympics Theme Song? Picking a band from your country...

I kid.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    These guys have illuminati puppet written all over them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ahem, Queen fucking rocks. Freddie Mercury has one of the most legendary and iconic voices in music, one of the most talented and best-selling bands of all time. You guys are in a minority I'm glad to not be a part of.

Survival is growing on me. I'm not a huge Muse fan but like a song here and there like Time Is Running Out.

I think, more than Queen, they sound a ton like Radiohead and that has always bothered me a little. But whatshisname Matt Balemy or whatever even kind of looks like Thom Yorke a little bit. I've wondered if maybe their vocal chords and voices are just structured very similar...

I like them. Not crazy about them, but they're talented and have my respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Those guitars are AWESOME. Not so sure about the singing and choirs though...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    http://muse.mu/news/article/788/the-...ting-unveiled/

I'm pretty dissapointed that Survival is on the album. I thought it was just some song they farted out for the Olympics. If the lyrics to the rest of the album match that song it's going to be terrible

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Goddamm that is fucking terrible.....

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    It looks to me like they weren't serious in that comments.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm still wondering what the fuck happened to this band...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm still wondering what the fuck happened to this band...
    You, me, and a bunch of other people are in the same boat

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Even though it is a bit cheesy that they got influenced from Skrillex, there are far more worst artists to get influenced by. I like what they said about comparing the excitement of Rock and Dubstep to see if they can make an impact like "These guys are doing". Plus, getting the idea to make Dubstep sounds and music with instruments. Muse have definitely taken a turn for the worst with recent releases, but I respect the aspect of them branching out and just experimenting with different stuff. Hell, I'm sure there are some of us in here that will like at least a couple of new tracks they release.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...hKVych80ME</a>

It's not great, but it's not as bad as the trailer made it out to be,