Thread: Random Tech Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I reinstalled windows (10), and my audio is all fucked up. My driver is up to date, but all the songs sound weird. I couldn't pinpoint exactly how t odescribe the problem, but funnily enough, this "song" helped:

So the way it supposed to sound is that you hear Katy Perry normally, as you should, while the gachi stuff is in the background just enough so you can hear it and make the song all weird. To me however, Katy Perry is barely audible during the gachi parts, while the gachi itself is extremely loud. Something must be fucked with the pitches, but not sure how to make it sound normal.

edit: I have this Dolby Audio EQ thingy, but it doesn't do much, no matter which category I choose. Whenever someone is speaking, they almost completely mute out KP.
    Last edited by Volband; 09-27-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    I reinstalled windows (10), and my audio is all fucked up. My driver is up to date, but all the songs sound weird. I couldn't pinpoint exactly how t odescribe the problem, but funnily enough, this "song" helped:

So the way it supposed to sound is that you hear Katy Perry normally, as you should, while the gachi stuff is in the background just enough so you can hear it and make the song all weird. To me however, Katy Perry is barely audible during the gachi parts, while the gachi itself is extremely loud. Something must be fucked with the pitches, but not sure how to make it sound normal.

edit: I have this Dolby Audio EQ thingy, but it doesn't do much, no matter which category I choose. Whenever someone is speaking, they almost completely mute out KP.
    Not sure but I'll say that that song sounds like garbage. It's not a good remix, everything sounds like low bitrate artifacting. And the fucked up mixing with the talking way more up front than the singing is how it is. I don't think your speakers are the issue.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Not sure but I'll say that that song sounds like garbage. It's not a good remix, everything sounds like low bitrate artifacting. And the fucked up mixing with the talking way more up front than the singing is how it is. I don't think your speakers are the issue.
    Yeah, I did some searching since, and most of my issues now are reduced to higher pitched sounds being too loud. I was thinking about getting an equaliser program, but I'm not too familiar with them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post

Try rolling the driver back to an older, not the most updated version. You may have to search out your component hardware manf website and find an older driver straight from them versus letting Window$ Update get a driver for you.