Thread: The New Introduction Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm DGG, nice to meet you all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hiyaaaaa! I'm Chucky. Never heard of this website until now, I don't think. Been listening to NIN for about 6 years. Fave album is probably Fragile Left disc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there I'm registering because I'd love to win that copy of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I've been a Nine Inch Nails fan since circa. '99/2000 when Mr. Reznor 'guest-programmed' RAGE, a local music tv show here in Australia. (Basically, he chatted with the viewers about NIN's music videos, one on one, in-between their airing, along with maybe fifty of his favourites by other artists.) I saw a little of a taped performance of NIN, at the Big Day Out that year (Australia's premier music festival at the time,) and I was hooked. As with many others I'm sure, The Downward Spiral and The Fragile helped me through a few dark teenage years and the band and the man have provided endless inspiration to me, in my own creative endeavours. Well.. that's me. Hi!

Edit: Flaccid Member? Heh. Yes, I'm very flaccid right now. Not that you wanted to know that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi ETS. My name is Tom and I've been a Peeping Tom(!) on these forums since the very beginning.

I've collected all of the Halos like a madman and have recently started looking into adding the seriously, severely rare Halos to my collection like a psychopath.
    I thought now would be a good time join and see what collections there are out there and also if I get to win TGWTDT that'll be a nice bonus (I've yet to purchase the CD, although I have naturally purchased the MP3 download - anyone else have problems with those files BTW?).
    Also, it's always good to chat to other fans...especially now that I don't get to meet any of you at the gigs any more!!

Cheers and see you out there soon.

TS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Hi, I'm mX...

Maybe some of you have seen a video remix I did years ago (Closer to god) :

I still have a better edit to complete (in HD), tell me if it's worth it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello! I'm new here.this is the first time for me but I'm very excited.the reason I registered here is because I'm hoping I'd get a chance to win the tgwtdt DVD or the soundtrack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Herro ETS!
    Started listening to NIN as a young teenager 6 years ago or so, and never really got out of it. New on ETS, people seem nice, I can't wait to share our Reznor fetish and have a good time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    GOOOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM! xD (sorry, I had to). My name's Tia and I live in Australia... But I'm American...
    I'm living in AU cause I'm studying to become a Special Effects Makeup Artist So if anyone would like some gore to scare their families shitless... I can totally help >
    I honestly have to say that I'm doing this to try and win TGWTDT dvd and cd. LOOOOVED the books and the fact that TR and AR did the scoring for the movie; Blew my ever-lovin mind! And am I the only one that thinks Rooney Mara as Lisbeth is super sexy???
    Anyway, if you wanna talk, I'm cool with that. If not, well fine then! I didnt want to talk to you either, jerkface! lol

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertDevil View Post
    GOOOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM! xD (sorry, I had to). My name's Tia and I live in Australia... But I'm American...
    I'm living in AU cause I'm studying to become a Special Effects Makeup Artist So if anyone would like some gore to scare their families shitless... I can totally help >
    I honestly have to say that I'm doing this to try and win TGWTDT dvd and cd. LOOOOVED the books and the fact that TR and AR did the scoring for the movie; Blew my ever-lovin mind! And am I the only one that thinks Rooney Mara as Lisbeth is super sexy???
    Anyway, if you wanna talk, I'm cool with that. If not, well fine then! I didnt want to talk to you either, jerkface! lol
    Come paint me. We chose the same poop color in our profiles so it must be fate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys I am Darren and maybe some of you people know me from the spiral. I was pretty much the coolest member back in those days, so I wouldn't be surprised if I have like 500 friend requests as a result of this post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Reintroduction, My name is Kyle, truly active here since 2003/04. Responsible for a really great photoshop of Trent intently staring at Goatse (lost in the crash). Was a Northern California local until this year. Now in SLC. Twiddling thumbs until Trent forces me to buy a 9.2 surround sound system for The Fragile Ultra-Super-Duper-Deluxe.
    Shows:
    1999 Cow Palace with APC
    2008 Lollapalooza
    2009 Wave Goodbye Berlin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I used to be sam89
    I have gone through an identity crisis it seems
    I like NIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hiya!

Well I'm Xupz from France. I've always loved Reznor's work from the first time I heard his music – always have, always will. I'm sadly a late fan, too young to have lived more than one NIN concert. But it might have been enough to last a lifetime!
    In the meantime there's plenty to get by, between his awesome new band HTDA, which I've been stalking since the beginning, and his awesome OSTs with Atticus Ross. Seriously, their music never fails to thrill me. Every inch that I took since I was 15 and first started listening to NIN is filled with pure Reznor music!
    Incidentally, one of the coolest things about him is that he's got a badass fanbase.

I'll be a Reznor fan till the end! \ô/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello!

Long time NIN fan here, finally joining ETS. I fell in love with TDS in 96, and have spent way too much time and money on Trent since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm new here. Been a member of a Polish forum for 5 years or so. Just want to win the DVD and OST cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Introducing myself

Hello....

I go by heyjorge (Hey Whore Hey)...
    This is my first time signing up for this site, though I have looked at it before.

Long time NIN fan, I actually grew up in a town 11 miles from Trent's hometown in Mercer...his uncle was my 9th grade history teacher...fun times.

my favorite album is The Fragile, but all is loved equally

That's all I got right now...consider myself introduced..

K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Goddag and aloha. I am a somewhat old person, entirely new to the forum. I am flaccid and need to get my blood flowing. A little voyeurism around the site ought to do the trick. Cheers.

second to the right, and straight on till morning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, I am here for the first time but a dedicated NIN fan nonetheless, Pretty Hate Machine pretty much changed my world and everything Trent has done since then resonates in my soul.
    Yeah I'm in deep. I am one of the many who have found that link in his music, that correlation that somehow rings so true no matter how different my life may be from everyone else.. we have Trent in common, he has a direct hit to my heart every time.
    And that stays true and new no matter what direction he takes.

So I may be a lurker here or I may jump in the fray, either way this place is already Home if it connects me with the family Trent has created with his music.

your new sister,
    aLilyWithThorns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey everyone, new here to ETS but been a NIN fan since PHM. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, I'm a long time reader, very few poster. I like frozen yogurt and kitty cats and big fluffy dogs. its very nice to see ETS is back up running. My name is Alfonso. *shakes hands*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Y'all...Its been while..anyone else love the Girl with the Dragon tattoo soundtrack as much as me? I miss NIN so much...I hope TR changes his mind and starts writing more NIN soon....I'm going through with drawls over here! anyways. peace out everyone!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WELL. it's kinda like a high school reunion. or perhaps not. but hey! i'm bill! i used to be indigae and... i think i still am?

update: i AM still indigae. INDEED.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't remember if I introduced myself again since returning recently- but since NIN hotline is giving away GWTDT, it seemed like a good day to make sure I'd done it.

I'm Chris (harrismonkey here and many other place on the internet)- been a fan since about 1990 (I'm getting old, fat and bald). Favorite NIN album is probably the Fragile, although it's hard to have a definite favorite.

I'm a sometimes film maker (used to make money at it, but not lately), and sometimes special ed teacher (may head back to school soon and actually get a degree- fell into it accidentally and found I really like it).

Just for fun here's a link to my last directors reel:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    hi all, glad to see ets is back. I was thirteen, now am cicada. First surfaced in 06. Loved this place when the ear zero arg was in full swing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hello, Jim here...again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New here, hi,.. be gentle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there I am Joe Frick and live in La crosse, WI. I am a drummer in 5 bands 4 local and 1 regional. been a NIN fan since they began in 1989.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello. I've been a lurker for many years. Went to 1 show in each of the following tours: fragility 2.0, with teeth, lights in the sky. I also used to lurk on the dboards and on nin's newer forums.

probably going to slip back into lurking, but wanted to say hi to everyone all the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New

Hey there. I'm Heather and I'm new here. Don't scare me off, yet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hello, my name is dale. I am a classic rock from the 80"s. love the website. would love to win the dvd/cd combo. would be a great birthday gift!!!
    Last edited by dalern63; 04-09-2012 at 12:06 AM.