Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Introduction Thread

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Lots of new people I see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I might as well re-introduce myself. This is the same old Triple_A from the old ETS who translated the Colombian woman's interview for the YZ ARG. I joined the original ETS about 2005 and re-upped after it crashed in 2011.

Just thinking about how crazy that Spring of 2007 was with the ARG. The discoveries, laughs... the community. I miss it. Thus, I'm back and hope to post more regularly.

I saw NIN at Riot Fest. It was hot, sweaty, fucking fun, and I saw my petite wife bulldoze some dude in the pit. Good times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Long time lurker, decided I liked the Name Bad Witch enough to register and snag it. Hello everyone

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hi. Also a long time lurker. I picked sticksandhair because, you know?... of course you do. I signed on to go talk about this ticket pre-sale and thought I should say hello first.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Well by golly, here I am. Not that it matters, unless of course it does.

Many years ago music was a central part of my life. Saw hundreds of concerts, amassed a few hundred pounds of vinyl, and had an awesome sound system! Also played in a band which really sucked, but it was fun, and was the right thing to do at the time. Music helped me through some rough spots growing up, and through young adulthood.

Then I crawled under a rock to live for a few decades, with no time to really appreciate music … it was just noise on the radio to ward off complete silence.

About two years ago I began to reboot my serious interest in music. Perhaps because my kids were growed up and I had more time. I was channel surfing on cable one night, and stumbled upon NIN playing Austin City Limits. Heard “While I’m Still Here” and I was hooked. Simply amazing song which I can relate to deeply.

One thing led to another, as they usually do. Purchased a bunch of NIN music, including every live video I could find (my preferred format these days). And I like it all by golly!

-z-

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hi everyone!

I'm completely new to this thread as I only found out about it a few days ago. I'm Kaydraven from Chicago. A big NIN fan since my brother introduced me to them when I was about 13 or so. I'm a freelance music writer, so I do album reviews, interview, news stories etc for places like Genre is Dead, AXS, Chicago Music etc.

I'm a huge fan of music in general, so my tastes are all over the place. Other bands I really love are The Cure, Creeper, Marilyn Manson, Nirvana, and Green Day. I'm super stoked on the upcoming NIN tour - especially since it's my first - and I wanted to chat about it with other fans. And if I had to pick a fave NIN release I'd say it's between the Broken EP, TDWS, and PHM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just joined today. I think I broke my foot and I can't walk right now so I'm stuck at home with my laptop.

I do have plenty of studying to do, but sometimes you just have to give your brain a break.

Thank you for providing this forum for us!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Today is my first day on EtS. So "hi" and all that!

I was a pretty devoted fan as a teenager and college student, but I sort of stopped following NIN around the time Year Zero was released (YZ was great, but I was going through my Indie/Folk phase so that's all I listened to for years). About a year ago I decided to dial back in and see what Reznor had been up to musically, and I was pretty excited to hear the direction the music had gone since I fell off. I've been playing the best game of catch-up ever over the last 12 months. This place gets mentioned a lot on the NIN subreddit, so I figured I should come check it out.

I'm really excited to see the show in Memphis this year. The last time I saw NIN live was during With Teeth, which I'm kind of shocked to do the math and realize that was eleven years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey all. I've been a member for the longest time but never really contributed much (despite the odd excited post after getting to a gig or a new album launching) but I've decided it'd be nice to get to know some more NIN fans. Used to post on The Spiral lots back in the day and that was fun so let's do this!

I'm in the West Midlands in the UK, comic artist (most recently published in 2000AD) and I've been fortunate enough to see Trent and co nine times as of last weekend. *waves hello*

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I didn't know this thread existed but I'm Kyle and have been here for a long time, though I did take an extended break from about 2011-2017. Before the old ETS crashed, I went by superklye and was a regular (and probably annoying) poster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm from lame ass Indiana. Boring here and depressing. Need to move asap. Been a fan of nails since '90. So, ya. Old. Um, anyhow. I don't know if I will get to see them this year (money) but hopefully. I have seen most other tours. I guess "Hi!" everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey. Been a fan for as long as I've been able to listen to music. I'll probably post sometimes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Formerly known on this forum as "Tommy_Macbeth". Just graduated from high school in Illinois. NIN has been my favorite band for about 5 years now. Also love Type O Negative, Linkin Park, Death Grips, and many other bands/albums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, children:

Momma's back to start some chaos. I heard things have been quite boring around here, since I left the NIN community 10 years ago. Now I am returning with avengence. Get your teddy bears and bottle of Xanax ready, because we are about to have some fun!
    Last edited by BlacklightFreakout; 07-04-2018 at 02:05 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacklightFreakout View Post
    Hello, children:

Momma's back to start some chaos. I heard things have been quite boring around here, since I left the NIN community 10 years ago. Now I am returning with avengence. Get your teddy bears and bottle of Xanax ready, because we are about to have some fun!
    Is that you cahspiles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Is that you cahspiles?
    Who is a "Cash pile?" I've never been called that, but I like the ring to it. It gives the impression that my padussy makes tons of money on the streets. Thank you for the new business name. I might incorporate it tomorrow. Get that LLC.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    oh hai blfo

where you been

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DRINKS A BEER.....ASKS QUESTION...."Where the fuck is the blue room?!?!?"

(pisses on himself, ROFL...)
    shit, long time no DBOARD....
    (barfs)
    King of the Blue....
    VIVE LE ROI!!!!
    (falls on the amp, knocking it over)
    FUCK...sorry!!!
    (gets up all "quiety" like....)
    NO ONE SAW THAT....RIGHT?!?!
    BUUUUURRRP.......

(Bender Bending Rodriguez voice)
    I'M BACK BABY!!!!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    To the introduction thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hello everyone. I realized lately I have been off and on here for some time but I never formally introduced myself so here it goes... This is A Virtual Memory, I make art and music, some of which you may find interesting. NIN has been a pivotal point of inspiration to me for most of my life and attempt to draw as much as I can from it in in my own work. Anyway, it's very nice to be here and to meet all of you, at long last. I will post some links to what I do over in the "Artistic Expression" forum.

Best,

AVM

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hi,
    New to ETS. Late to the party, is how it feels really.
    Been a fan of NIN for about 6 years, having discovered it through my boyfriend (now husband) in high school.
    Went to my first concert for NIN on this cold and black and infinite tour, and I think I've gone from fan of NIN to obsessed, trying to follow all the rest of the show news and band interviews.
    Hopefully I'll return to a normal state of mind soon, but hoping to stick around here. ETS seems like a really cool place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I'm Nuka. Been here a while, but I figured it would be constructive to reintroduce myself. I'm from Pennsylvania, and have been a Nails fan for roughly ten years. I've seen them live twice and hope to catch another show some day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hello, my name is Brock and I used to be on as Brock(C). I on't remember the circumstance, but my handle is now changed to just plain Brock. I'm easily excitable when it comes to Nine Inch Nails and I like to say "let's fucking go". You've probably seen me at a show. I look like this:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am banned.
    Last edited by Uwe Parabierich; 12-31-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    and a happy new year?!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I rarely check this thread and this is the time I did.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    What in the name of god

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey folks, I'm Scott. I'll try to keep this story short, but it spans a few years of ebb and flow:

I first got into NIN around 1996. Some high school cross-country buddies would blast Rage, White Zombie, and NIN on a boom box (remember those?) on the back of the bus whenever we'd travel to a meet. At the time, I was on more of an R.E.M. kick, so none of it really became my favorite music. (I wasn't, and am not now, a very angry or depressed person.) But I borrowed TDS from one friend and listened to it on my newly-acquired Discman (remember those?) so my folks wouldn't hear. I usually listened to music on their stereo, and got into quite a few bands through their record collection. Anyways, it was pretty strong stuff for a 15/16 year old Lutheran kid, and I genuinely felt a little worried to have some of those thoughts in my head! But I was very impressed by the way Trent structured his songs, and the wide variety of music on that disc.

Fast-forward to somewhere between 2007 and 2010, and I picked up Year Zero in a record store on a whim. The cover art was neat, it was about $20, why not. Now this was a NIN record I could really get into: the focus was much less on personal/religious dysfunction than a totally dystopian future. I was completely unaware of the ARG at the time, but the songs were good, and I loved hearing this modern, digital noisy stuff coming out of my 70's/80's stereo gear. Sometime after that, I picked up the remastered version of PHM, and it was like a long-lost friend.

Fast-forward again to 2018, and I had finally hooked up my stereo stuff after a move, and YZ/PHM were a couple of the records I listened to a few more times, and now I was HOOKED. I listened to the trilogy at work on Spotify and quickly picked those up on vinyl, and also started acquiring more of the back catalog, like TDS, Broken, the Fragile, etc. I had been completely unaware of Hesitation Marks when it came out, but here was yet another side of the band. My impression of the band would have been FAR different if I had heard HM first and then TDS. So I started reading more online, and lots of search results led to ETS threads, so here I am now. Really cool community you folks have here.
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 01-12-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Myself Cristian

Hello, myself Cristian Murazik from the USA, by profession, I am a blogger and am doing it for quite some time now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Everyone! I am from the United States of America. I really have been wanting to join this site for a while now and did just a little while ago. I like to thank people.