Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
Maybe you should read wikis about the years of technology you missed. Again, this has nothing to do with file format and or file extension. If you want an answer to that : Hidef sound is mostly given by trent in Flac, but also Wav and glorious (lol) ALAC. It also started on some depeche mode dvd I saw in the Dolby Digital Classic format, but it's quite rare.

Better than it was ? What the hell are you meaning ? It has been recorded obviously in HiDef, and degraded for your old silver spinning format you love. Can I remind you that Bluray is also in Hidef sound ?

So you cannot beat flac, even in hidef because flas is hidef. But you can beat fucking CDs, they look cool but sound is digitally cut into bits, it's all about bits. They said before that 16/44 (or 16/48 that fucking dont change anything) was enough to lure human ear, then vinyl people came around and said that vinyl were far more "warm". Ok then what about giving more than twice more bits for the same sound ? will we then have that unfamous warm sound ?

Hidef is 24/96 some NIN releases are just 24/48, remember that Mhz or Bits share the same idea : give more bits for the sound. So the sound will be more close to the real sound.

Now it only work if you're mastering them in 24/96 Trent is very carefull with that, remember that he repaired The Slip download when someone complained it was false 24bit sounds. Or... you can remake old stuff like TDS, if you take analogue rushs to remasterize them again on a modern machine, because analog sound is not cut into bits, that's the same idea behind bluray and old movies, and that's what Trent did when he released TDS into 24/48
No need to get grumpy here, but I see now that the file formats don't have a whole lot to do with it. That did clear things up on the FLAC part too.