Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I think you confused the ship date with today's release date of the bluray. Pick it up, if you haven't! I'm currently going through the extras disc, I wish it had more stuff with TR/AR but it's kinda cool so far.
    What section contains TR/AR? I skipped through the various sections on disc 2 looking for them, but didn't see them anywhere. I'm also wondering if there might be some Easter Eggs on this release. First, Easter is coming up! Second, this is the type of movie that would encourage "hidden" extras. Third, I couldn't find the extra long trailer anywhere! Surely they included it?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
    What section contains TR/AR? I skipped through the various sections on disc 2 looking for them, but didn't see them anywhere. I'm also wondering if there might be some Easter Eggs on this release. First, Easter is coming up! Second, this is the type of movie that would encourage "hidden" extras. Third, I couldn't find the extra long trailer anywhere! Surely they included it?
    might want to move this over into the cinema thread for TGWTDT since this one is for the soundtrack. your question is more likely to be answered over there, i'd think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    might want to move this over into the cinema thread for TGWTDT since this one is for the soundtrack. your question is more likely to be answered over there, i'd think.
    Ok. According to what has already been said in that thread, the score isn't covered anywhere in the extras.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    No, but Rob Sheridan just tweeted that he cameos/photobombs somewhere in the special features (I guess doing on-set photography).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
    Sorry, just to clear this up -- I meant to say "I wish they had stuff with TR/AR", rather than "more stuff". Was watching and typing, my mind was half here half there.

Here a direct download link to the extra long trailer from iTunes, if you haven't downloaded already.
    Last edited by blassster; 03-21-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    No, but Rob Sheridan just tweeted that he cameos/photobombs somewhere in the special features (I guess doing on-set photography).

Indeed, It's during the behind the scenes for the filming of Anita driving her car across the bridge. Rob walks into frame and laughs at a joke and then slowly walks back out of frame. Caught me off guard and I lol'd.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So this exists. Amazon.ca has the vinyl on for $297 CAD and with free shipping (due to being over $25) to make it a better deal for Canadians vs getting it directly from nullco.

I ordered the $75 deluxe edition from Ghosts upon release and by the time it got to my door it cost me ~$170 CAD total due the slight conversion, fedex shipping, and a bullshit $50 customs fee. I'm assuming this is the exact deluxe edition as nullco.com, anyway.
    Last edited by blassster; 03-25-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It says 4 discs, though. We're getting either six or seven in the deluxe package as per Trent and the mock-up image from February.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    It says 4 discs, though. We're getting either six or seven in the deluxe package as per Trent and the mock-up image from February.
    Amazon descriptions aren't always accurate, especially before actual release. Though I am interested in knowing for sure. Ships in May, rather than Mar 30 so the downside is a delay.

edit: contacted amazon support, but not expecting an answer right away.

Sent a tweet to Rob asking if they were the same, his response was:
    "Yeah, it must be. We're releasing a small number of them to retail outlets."
    Last edited by blassster; 03-22-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Amazon descriptions aren't always accurate, especially before actual release. Though I am interested in knowing for sure. Ships in May, rather than Mar 30 so the downside is a delay.

edit: contacted amazon support, but not expecting an answer right away.

Sent a tweet to Rob asking if they were the same, his response was:
    "Yeah, it must be. We're releasing a small number of them to retail outlets."
    Well look at that. I'm actually not surprised anymore, given that they couldn't even sell all of them.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^it's not really surprising though, given how fucked the economy is most places, most people I know are either being made redundant or have been made redundant (including me!), or have narrowly missed being made redundant, not the time to flash the cash on expensive products

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ^^^it's not really surprising though, given how fucked the economy is most places, most people I know are either being made redundant or have been made redundant (including me!), or have narrowly missed being made redundant, not the time to flash the cash on expensive products
    Yeah, good point. This also isn't NIN, so the interest was bound to be lower, not to mention the additional 500 that were made as compared to the Ghosts deluxe package.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It will be nice to FINALLY get this...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    It will be nice to FINALLY get this...
    Indeed. Got a spot ready for it on the display shelf.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    So, 3 days... Will we see it on our door steps or see another timely email???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Will we get shipping confirmations tomorrow?...or a new update?...or...?!?!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Hopefully an email confirmation tonight. It seems like production's been going along fine, with the razor blade USB being the main problem.

Here's hoping they'll start arriving on doorsteps next week.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Motherfucker. Damn. Well, good thing being a NIN fan means being very patient. I can wait this out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yikes. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bummed by Rob's responses, but I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Son of a biiiiiiiiiiiitch. We'll get it eventually. I'm really hoping we get a photo of the full thing tomorrow or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    damn it!! I can wait some more for the records but give me this badass flash drive already.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    ya rly. rly rly rly (10 chars)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

people are getting impatient, i liiiiiike that

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    David Prior was asked at the Home Theater Forum site why there weren't any features on the Blu-ray about the score

In brief, the film had a very rushed post-production schedule trying to hit that December release date and it precluded any serious participation from those artists most heavily involved in post, i.e.: sound design, score and color correction. I know Ren Klyce was working round the clock for weeks on end to hit the delivery, and I pestered Trent and Atticus numerous times to no avail. I have no doubt they wanted to participate, but with my disc delivery date coming so close on the heels of the film's delivery date, it just wasn't possible.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    what could it mean?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    it means we currently don't have beard/boner wordfilter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    funny how Atticus is an english gentleman in coat and scarf and Trent is... well.. Trent