Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Neither have I. Been checking all day.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Nope. Not for me.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post

Boy does it hurt to look at this knowing that I cancelled my order to pay off debts to my college.
    Looks amazing though!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    also, yes...it'll be nice to have a hand-crank turntable to use to appease our robot overlords.
    I recently acquired a 1916 hand crank 78 player along with a few boxes of records for it and a whole lot of needles. Which is good because the needles need to be replaced every 5 songs or so.

Sadly, it can't play modern day records.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    My record player is one of those CD/cassette/vinyl players with a USB port that records all mediums to 128kbps mp3. Pretty handy for cassette and vinyl only tracks, just the hit of a button and a USB with space on it.

There's also an SD card port as well.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    technics 1200 mk2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I get the feeling this album isn't exactly a MUST HAVE on vinyl? Heavens forbid it's a loud pressing, either.
    probably not a must-have no. and i really hope it's nice and loud. the slip and year zero remixed were way too quiet. even the remastered PHM was kind of quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Secondly, I am squarely in the 'vinyl output is lower fidelity' corner. To believe otherwise is like saying evolution is 'just a theory' or that man-made global warming doesn't exist. That's not snark, that's just fact. Some folks prefer the sound of music being played back on vinyl, and I am just not one of those folks.
    i am, even if i agree with the sound factual accuracy of the first part.

part of it is mastering -- which, ironically, is one of the reasons i think nin tends to be better on digital formats. vinyl just doesn't clip and distort the same way; a positive for most music, but a negative when it's supposed to do that. so records like broken just don't sound the same.

another part is the distortion that vinyl does add. i happen to think that in some cases it makes music more pleasing my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    technics 1200 mk2.
    ditto. a very nice turntable.
    Last edited by arachnophilia; 04-29-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post

Boy does it hurt to look at this knowing that I cancelled my order to pay off debts to my college.

where did the photo come from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no confirmation mail either...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    where did the photo come from?
    Rob Sheridan posted it on Twitter.

Does anyone in the USA remember what shipping carrier was used for the GDT CD?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Some more shots from Mouth Taped Shut.

http://mouth-taped-shut.com/post/221...deluxe-limited

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Am I wrong or are the vinyl sleeves different from the first lay out we saw in december/march?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    You know, the more I look at the final package, the less I start to care that I don't have it anymore. Hm. If I have another 300 dollars to throw down I might look into it, but looking at the multitude of images, it's not as appealing as it once was.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just got a shipping notification email from UPS via Insound...could it be the deluxe set? I guess I'll know on May 3rd when it says it will arrive.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So by the looks of it, the USB is just tucked inside the front cover, and doesn't come with the chain?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    So by the looks of it, the USB is just tucked inside the front cover, and doesn't come with the chain?
    That's my guess.

Already May and we don't have it it will be almost 5 months since ordering it in a few days, lol.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    can we still place an order for this? I cancelled my previous order but now I'm wishing I hadnt

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I believe you can at http://www.nullco.com/GDT/usd.php

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    It's embedded in the cover in its own little slot, with the chain tucked behind it

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    From Perú: I just saw that topspin send me my box set yesterday... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nine-I...A/122876062246

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So hopefully mine's on it's way. What a joke how long this has taken. Oh well i'm sure it'll be worth it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder when/if this weird Sandbag ever sends me a shipment notification... I don't even mention package tracing number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone who did order, have you recieved any sort of shipping notification?
    Im starting to get anxious about the arrival of this package, Ive been checking my regular inbox and spam mail looking for a notification, yet nothing has arrived yet.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    No, nothing. I sent them an email asking how to handle when you're on holiday. No reply. Nothing!

Did someone here already receive the package? Which company does the transport? I'm curious what I find when I'm back home.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm pretty surprised that none of us have gotten any kind of email about what the hell is going on, also starting to get pissed.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princessomega View Post
    Anyone who did order, have you recieved any sort of shipping notification?
    Im starting to get anxious about the arrival of this package, Ive been checking my regular inbox and spam mail looking for a notification, yet nothing has arrived yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I'm pretty surprised that none of us have gotten any kind of email about what the hell is going on, also starting to get pissed.
    Some people on this very page have posted about getting shipment notifications. Topspin sucks about notifying everyone. It goes like this with them every time (even when there aren't delays), and everyone gets their orders. It'll come.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As I posted earlier, I did get a UPS shipping email sourced from Insound. I am assuming that it's the GDT set as I am not expecting any other packages outside of some records but those have not been sent out yet. According to the tracking I should have this delivered tomorrow. We shall see. If it is, I'll post with the quickness.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah I saw those posts, I meant no one has gotten an email specifically saying the the GDT set has shipped. When I got the email for all the Social Network stuff I pre-ordered it said exactly what shipped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Yeah I saw those posts, I meant no one has gotten an email specifically saying the the GDT set has shipped. When I got the email for all the Social Network stuff I pre-ordered it said exactly what shipped.
    Thats pretty much where my own wondering was going with that.
    I had wondered if that email was more specific.
    Alas, we will have to just keep any eye out still.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    If you go back to your original order confirmation e-mail (Subject: "Your Order from Null Corporation GDT has been updated"), there is a link at the top that says "Live Receipt". If you click on that, at the bottom of that screen is a "Shipping" section, and it will have the tracking number for your "GDT - Deluxe" set.

If the number starts with 1Z, it's a UPS number. If it starts with a 9, it's a USPS number.