Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I don't think people should be refunding them unless they need the money, as it seems rather defeatist, but:
    TR/AR/Rob knew the score was going to be pretty long. They knew roughly what they wanted for the deluxe package. Whilst the actual vinyls and content were not going to be ready pre-release, they could've gotten some mock ups of the package with blank vinyls, to make sure it was fine well before the OST even dropped. I understand many things can happen that no one can anticipate, but the OST was always going to have roughly the same release slot, and whilst TRAR were working on the music, Rob could've been getting the mockups, so they'd know about whatever issues have happened in advance.

But of course, this is their second ever deluxe package and first with a rigid timeslot forced by a label (Sony pictures), so I think this was simply a learning experience, and TFDE/HTDA LE/NIN/Whatever will be almost flawless in delivery. Hindsight is 20/20 after all, I just hope the poor experiences with Mute, whoever was making the packages and deadlines doesn't mean that Null Co stop doing deluxe packages, as they are always excellent, and I would buy them all if I could afford it.

And of course, this could be the reason HTDA has mysteriously been pushed back despite being finished on an audio level - they want to actually say "hey, you can buy the deluxe today and get it mailed to you tomorrow, instead of in 4 months!".
    agree with what you said except the label-blaming, which seems to be sort of a cop-out. it looks like they're in total control of this. nonetheless, let me just say how much I love this soundtrack, I still listen to it almost every day while working, and I'm very excited for the product!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    After this delay, I'm starting to feel like I should just cancel. 320 dollars is a lot to have back in my pocket, and I'm certainly hurting for money right now. On the other hand, I've been waiting for this for four months, and I don't want to just...give it up. Ugh. I wish it had just been delivered in February like originally announced so I wouldn't be doubting things.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

I would like to see the rest of her.

P.S. - still sticking with my order. Patience is a virtue.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Could the woman be Tamar Levine? If Rob needed a woman on hand to model the necklace, I imagine she'd be rather useful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My wife and I figured that Tamar was the model, and a fine one she made.
    nice to see her on the other side of the lens.
    Could the woman be Tamar Levine? If Rob needed a woman on hand to model the necklace, I imagine she'd be rather useful

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Really, guys?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In a later tweet that I sent to Rob, he said that they were using a new manufacturing company for the deluxe set...and he sounded regretful at not using Artist in Residence as they did for the Ghosts sets.

I can fully understand and also feel the frustration at the delays, I'm being patient. So far. I think the fact that it is a package of 3 hours of unheard instrumental music as was put, is a big reason for Rob, TR, and AR to make sure that the deluxe package meets their standards and once in the hands of fans, they feel that they got their money's worth. Not defending them and saying go ahead and keep delaying it until they're happy...but saying that I understand what their ultimate goal must be.

Knowing how much of a perfectionist and detail-oriented TR is, are you not surprised that he wants this to be as perfect as possible and be happy with the final product? I mean, shit...if TR is not happy with it...will fans be?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    okay, im going to say something here that some people in this thread may not agree with and trust me, its not easy saying it either because i am a huge TR fan with pretty much everything he does.

the idea of a $300+ deluxe package in this day and age is a tough sell right off the bat. who has that kinda money generally speaking when people are losing jobs and having a tough time finding new ones,..
    yes i bought the Ghosts set and would do it all over again given the choice and would do the same thing for this set too but i do understand that there are loyal fans who do want such sets but just cannot shell out this kind of money.
    maybe it was a bad idea to go with these deluxe package ideas just considering the times we are facing but then to compound the situation with delays, makes things even more frustrating.

The Social Network package was delayed and now The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo has been delayed two times over. Is it safe to say that as much as we like these deluxe packages, right now they do not seem to add up to the prices we pay?
    With all that said, i am sure i would be among the first to preorder a Ultimate edition of The Fragile if that ever gets done.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    So, you basically took a stance and then, with the last sentence, obliterated your entire post. Good job. I was with you all the way until that point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    the idea of a $300+ deluxe package in this day and age is a tough sell right off the bat. who has that kinda money generally speaking when people are losing jobs and having a tough time finding new ones,..
    This right here! I agree 100%. And what kills me to go along w/ that general statement, is that lately I've been seen a lot of bands put out releases in deluxe packaging...at crazy prices as well. Basically gouging fans left and right. I am not saying that's what TR & Co. are doing...but it seems to be more common practice nowadays. And as was said...who really has that kind of money laying around to spend hapazardly.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    As long as there are not tracks exclusive to the boxsets, I fail to see the issue with them. If you can't afford it, don't get it, if you can, do.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    This right here! I agree 100%. And what kills me to go along w/ that general statement, is that lately I've been seen a lot of bands put out releases in deluxe packaging...at crazy prices as well. Basically gouging fans left and right. I am not saying that's what TR & Co. are doing...but it seems to be more common practice nowadays. And as was said...who really has that kind of money laying around to spend hapazardly.
    this idea of "gouging" drives me bonkers. "gouging" is when companies withhold essential services unless you pay exorbitant amounts. like water or electricity. What you really mean is that you want things for cheaper than they are. BMW is not "gouging" me on the price of their cars. I just can't afford one, so I don't get one. Given that all music is basically free nowadays, this model developed as a way to try and make money to support art. I find nothing offensive about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As long as there are not tracks exclusive to the boxsets, I fail to see the issue with them. If you can't afford it, don't get it, if you can, do.
    i understand what you are saying... and well personally i did buy both deluxe sets but in the event that i could not afford them... man as a die hard fan of TR, that would suck so bad that words cannot describe it.
    maybe the analogy of The Spiral fan club encouraging an elitist community does not fit in with "heres your $10 album and for those who can afford it, heres your $300+ set" idea.

some people may view The Spiral and those $300+ dollar sets in the same sense.
    im just happy i could afford these...i just feel very bad for some of those die hards who cannot afford em.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    But that applies to anything - screwdriver's example of the car is a good one. I'm a big NIN/TRAR fan, but I accept that I can't own every version of everything. Is it annoying? Sure, I wish I could throw £200 at an album, but it's not going to negatively affect me that I can't - and Trent needs to ensure income for an album when so many people will illegally download it. Hell, on the tags I track on tumblr, I saw someone lament they couldn't find TGWTDT on mediafire, without even accepting the IDEA that someone would pay for music. Look at how Josh Freese does his albums - packages into 5 digits, but no one feels cheated or put out because they can't afford the go karting with Freese or whatever it is, people are happy just to have the music in some level.

Deluxe packages are a great way to make money as an artist, as they can't be digitally pirated. I don't see a comparison to the Spiral at all, there is no elitist club of LE ownership, just fans who enjoy what they have.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe "gouging" wasn't the right word to use huh? Oops!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    EXACTLY! What's the fucking issue? You either get it or you don't. The standard CD is lavish enough.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't know how much it costs by the end to manufacture such a set, and I'm no economics expert so this shouldn't be taken the wrong way by anyone from the TR camp. I'm thinking if the price was closer to $200/$225 it would have sold out, and maybe less people would be requesting refunds right now because of the delays. I'm just wondering if they're going to have a lot more packs left over than they thought. Like some have said, the movie has been out for a while and the "magic" of this is fading, also making it a hard sell beside the cost.
    Last edited by blassster; 04-03-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my position's the same as it always has been: fine. i'll wait.

same thing when it's taking a long time to come out with an album, etc.

i got other shit to do with my life, i know i'll get it eventually. and for that price, i'd really hope it's perfect. i'm hoping it's because they realized that that kind of binding sucks. my sigur ros boxset is in that binding, and i'm really not a fan of it. i'd much rather have nice thick individual sleeves.

i don't like that it's taking so long, but, that's how it goes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    EXACTLY! What's the fucking issue? You either get it or you don't. The standard CD is lavish enough.
    whats the issue? hm...maybe the delay first of The Social Network set, and now two delays for this set.
    considering the kinda money that was shelled out for these sets, one would think that a timely release would be the least fans can expect.

as for me bringing up the cost issue, well i was merely pointing out the signs of today's economic world. yes i bought the set but i really do feel for those who did preorder this and are still waiting and now thinking that the money was better spent towards rent/food whatever other important necessities instead of delays times two.

lets just cross our fingers on no more delays huh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I dont like it, but I will wait.
    Patience is a virtue Trent Reznor has taught me.
    I was kinda excited that there was the first delay, because I was able to get an order in.
    I was under the impression back in December that they would sell out quick.
    I guess I was wrong...Ah alas seeing as how I dont NEED them now Im content to wait for TR/AR/RS to give the seal of perfection on this.
    Im more excited for HTDA at this point....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The funny thing to me, is I have a piece of camera gear I ordered off Kickstarter that keeps getting delayed too. I get the "Uh...there were manufacturing problems....we need more time" messages from TGWDT and that at almost the same time every delay. With Kickstarter it's more expected though.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Kickstarter generally works on "add 2 months to the due date" principle.

Although, I think KS would be a great way to sell deluxe packages with all kinds of weird bonuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kickstarter generally works on "add 2 months to the due date" principle.

Although, I think KS would be a great way to sell deluxe packages with all kinds of weird bonuses.
    We are at 3 months after the due date on the KS project. I'm working on doing video for a KS project for a client, and I told them to add a month to the delivery date for this very thing.

But as to your point about doing it for deluxe pkgs, it would work on smaller bands but not for someone on TR+AR's level.
    (i know Simon Joyner just did one here)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arachnophilia View Post
    my position's the same as it always has been: fine. i'll wait.

same thing when it's taking a long time to come out with an album, etc.

i got other shit to do with my life, i know i'll get it eventually. and for that price, i'd really hope it's perfect. i'm hoping it's because they realized that that kind of binding sucks. my sigur ros boxset is in that binding, and i'm really not a fan of it. i'd much rather have nice thick individual sleeves.

i don't like that it's taking so long, but, that's how it goes.
    My sentiments exactly.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quick question;

Back when the Dragon Tattoo website first launched, there was an 7 minute plus clip of background music that you could right click and save as 'dotcom.mp3' or something like that.

Did that piece of music make the soundtrack? If so, what track is it? I feel like it's in there, but I can't seem to locate it. Any info would be appreciated...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    A very altered version of She Reminds Me Of You

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Cool, thanks. And that's the end of that chapter.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No idea of the cost, but you can buy a non-USB razorblade necklace and razorblade earrings from the original creator (I think) of the piece Rooney wore. I'm more fond of the USB capability, and jewelery can be expensive... might even cost the same as the deluxe gdt album!

"YOU CAN ORDER THESE PIECES DIRECTLY FROM JELENA BEHREND STUDIO. FOR PRICING AND ORDERING INFO PLEASE CONTACT INFO@JELENABEHRENDSTUDIO.COM"
    Last edited by blassster; 04-14-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    No idea of the cost, but you can buy a non-USB razorblade necklace and razorblade earrings from the original creator (I think) of the piece Rooney wore. I'm more fond of the USB capability, and jewelery can be expensive... might even cost the same as the deluxe gdt album!

"YOU CAN ORDER THESE PIECES DIRECTLY FROM JELENA BEHREND STUDIO. FOR PRICING AND ORDERING INFO PLEASE CONTACT INFO@JELENABEHRENDSTUDIO.COM"
    Personally I like that one more. The USB one looks really bulky and uncomfortable to actually wear.