Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    fuck it. i give in. ordering the deluxe package. this shit better be goddamned awesome for that price...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    got replies today both from sandbag and null/topspin, that my sandbag package will be totally fine, digital part will be "delivered" on December 9th and Deluxe - in February.
    GOOD.
    Last edited by acidpolly; 12-06-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    this may have been mentioned, but is the physical cd being shipped out this friday, december 9th or at a later date?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    December 27th.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Feel the need to say it again: HOT DAMN ORACULUM!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thinking about changing my order to a faster delivery service now they can ship from the UK, would anyone mind telling me the costs of the different pound sterling shipping options please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ordered on mine on Amazon as I had a gift card. However, I won't be getting it until first week of January, which means I may have to explore other options to obtain it beforehand. Sigh...One of the best things Trent has done is the free digital download, because we all know it's going to happen anyway.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Thinking about changing my order to a faster delivery service now they can ship from the UK, would anyone mind telling me the costs of the different pound sterling shipping options please?
    https://app.topspin.net/account/help_public

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Woot! Deluxe and cd orders finally showed up on the account.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    No worries.
    The TSN FYC was also different...

People, if I recieve this thing earlier than someone else here on ETS, I'll do my best to share the tracks (upload) and all other information.
    But, I assume there'll come more ......
    yea but is it going to show up before the digital release on the 9th?
    shoulda just had the seller rip and send before mailing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Last edited by acidpolly; 12-06-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acidpolly View Post
    yoink *puts on blog*

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    (taken by Rob, as well)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Times
    Reznor recalled visiting the film's Sweden set, with Fincher walking him around the town and explaining that he wanted elements of the environment to be in the score -- a church bell, for instance. Fincher dictated no orchestra and asked for what Reznor described as "odd, harmonic, embellished-type moments." The end result is a score that at times feels alive in that the more dramatic parts feel as if they're worming their way into the city rather than reflecting it.

"There's a scene where a character walks out of a room, and something pretty uncomfortable happens," Reznor said. "It segues into the sound of a floor buffer, which is the same key. The score and the sound design feel as a whole.

"That takes us out of the world of grand, sweeping melodies," Reznor continued. "This isn't a soundtrack that's filled with 'Star Wars'-esque theme songs."
    Go floor buffer, go

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Woah, looks like Trent's neck is coming back.

But in all honestly, the dude looks fantastic. Definitely does not look like he's 46 AT ALL.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    This was tagged with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross by MTS, so I'm guessing it's their cue sheet. But I have no idea http://mouth-taped-shut.com/post/13864127835

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    yea but is it going to show up before the digital release on the 9th?
    shoulda just had the seller rip and send before mailing
    It isn't sent to me (EU) directly. It's now on its way to a fellow US ETS-er who will rip it for the community.

I think, when I look at the TSN FYC score, it has nothing to do with the soundtrack we can order at the moment.
    This TGWTDT FYC score hopefully will contain the tracks exactly as mixed for the movie, different from the tracks on the original soundtrack. That's the reason it is a special item.
    Fact: the CD we can order contains 3 disks; this score contains 2 disks. So, I have a good feeling about that theory.
    We will know soon.

The movie will be released 12/21.
    The rip will be there earlier, if USPS does his job correct.
    To be continued.....

vvv everything will be under control and there'll be some caution for sure vvv
    Last edited by witte; 12-07-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Whilst I'm sure this is just me being weird, would it be too much to ask for the files to not be released until after the film comes out? The mixes on those CDs are what we're actually going to hear in the film, and I'm pretty sure TRAR (and Fincher) would be pissed if the first time we heard THAT audio was in 320kbps on iPod headphones

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Whilst I'm sure this is just me being weird, would it be too much to ask for the files to not be released until after the film comes out? The mixes on those CDs are what we're actually going to hear in the film, and I'm pretty sure TRAR (and Fincher) would be pissed if the first time we heard THAT audio was in 320kbps on iPod headphones
    Just because I like to associate the score with the film first, I'm choosing not to listen to anymore than the free sampler I downloaded. I can't wait to hear and see the film in it's full capacity, first!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    Just because I like to associate the score with the film first, I'm choosing not to listen to anymore than the free sampler I downloaded. I can't wait to hear and see the film in it's full capacity, first!
    I'd personally rather hear the music divorced from the film while it's still possible to do so. After seeing it, I might not be able to just hear the music without associating it with the visual aspect.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'd personally rather hear the music divorced from the film while it's still possible to do so. After seeing it, I might not be able to just hear the music without associating it with the visual aspect.
    Is that not what you're meant to do though? It's not like listening to JLYI and thinking of 300, the music was written expressly to compliment the picture

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wonder if we'll be hearing some more reworked Ghosts music somewhere in these three​ discs of music...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    While I can say that is how I like to hear most music, with these samples, I feel that the association with the visuals that inspired the music will be integral to my enjoyment of these songs. I'm not getting it, by itself. After the movie, I may get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acidpolly View Post
    Wonder if he's growing his beard out again for the oscars ala the hockey play offs tradition.
    None the less, it's nice to get a new picture and article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    yoink *puts on blog*
    ditto. Thanks Acidpolly!

nin-htda on Tumblr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking forward to actually sitting in the center of the Theater. Normally i like sitting in the back, but i want to be emerged in the audio!!! Also purchased the digipak, hopefully the clear teeth don't get damaged when it is shipped out on December 27th, but i prefer that packaging compared to recycled look of the HTDA package work. Even though its only an EP, i am always afraid of scratching the disc. I just rip it to my computer, but i think i did the same too when i actually got the MP3 format when it was first released. I don't even think i own a CD player anymore, i just throw it in my computer or blu ray player and i am set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do we know yet if the digital download will be available around midnight tonight, or will it be sometime tomorrow at a random time?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm also wondering what time people in the UK are expecting this. Will it be sometime this evening / tonight or early tomorrow ? I probably have my time zones all messed up actually.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    Do we know yet if the digital download will be available around midnight tonight, or will it be sometime tomorrow at a random time?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    I'm also wondering what time people in the UK are expecting this. Will it be sometime this evening / tonight or early tomorrow ? I probably have my time zones all messed up actually.
    If prior experience with iTunes is any indicator, North American iTunes will have it available starting at midnight EST (~14 and 1/2 hours from the time of this posting for those unsure of the time zone difference). I'd have to assume that topspin will start sending out e-mails at this time based on Trent's plans for a synchronized worldwide rollout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    My email I got from Topspin says the digital download will be available at 12am EST.