Page 378 of 483 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 376 377 378 379 380 388 428 478 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,340 of 14484

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    elevenism: I used to go to JAPW (Jersey All Pro Wrestling) cards all the time, as their venue was 2 blocks from my house. this was the late 90's, I was in 8th grade, and it was an AWESOME time. they'd have WWF and ECW talent in there all the time. I remember New Jack having a match there, and he took the match not only outside, but two blocks away, with the entire crowd following! this is in a busy city so we were stopping traffic, scaring shoppers etc! it was awesome!

I had to cancel my network subscription this morning because I can't afford the extra money anymore. with the news of Hogan though, I'm glad, because I'm not supporting a company who supports that anymore.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Yay, finally! Hope he becomes a GM eventually - guess they'll test the waters by showing him to an audience soon.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    https://www.wwe.com/article/hulk-hog...e-hall-of-fame

Dipshit is reinstated to the WWE Hall of Fame after being suspended three years ago.
    He has been "re-appearing" little by little... i think it's building to a Wrestlemania 35 segment, it's "New York" after all, i'm pretty sure Vince wants him back...

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    It was only a matter of time until that racist piece of leathery shit was brought back.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This PPV is odd as hell...however, this made me laugh.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    okay, actually had a ton of fun at Extreme Rules.

Hijacking the main event had nothing to do with being anti seth/ anti dolph.. We're just tired of iron man matches.. We get SO many in Pittsburgh. I hate them.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Decent show. On tv, the crowd kinda sucked tbh and kinda ruined the show. The rumble countdown every minute got old real quick.

Asuka/Carmella was stupid, again. Asuka just stands forever waiting to get beat, again.

Didn't watch Roman and Lashley. Heard it was good though. Shocking finish.

Iron man was good. Nowhere near their raw match recently though. Having so many falls was kind of ridiculous. Especially considering they had a long match just weeks ago that only needed one fall. This one had seven falls too far in.

Figured Nakamura would win. Been hearing Hardy is hurting pretty bad. So it makes sense to probably do what they did. Could do without Boreton. He's at least a heel which is far better. Awful as a face. Very good natural heel.

Nia and Alexa happened...

AJ and Rusev was good, not great. Crowd seemed dead.

Tbh, I had forgotten about the iron man match and thought the show was over until I saw Rollins and thought "oh yeah...".

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Even as a major (and obvious) Alexa Bliss fan I could even say her match sucked. It was nothing but a storyteller/drama heightening match for Ronda and Alexa at SummerSlam. Ronda interfering totally broke the flow.

Meh.

Babe looking fantastic though,

I’ll post my my other opinions tomorrow.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Re: The Crowd -

I watched the Roman vs. Lashley match, and while it was not a MOTY contender, it was NOT a bad match and did not earn the "We the people" and "Rusev Day" chants in the middle of it. I know this one got a lot of attention from the bookers and sites were reporting it was going to be the main event, so the fact that it wasn't should've been enough to cool the crowd down from the Roman hate, and that's not even talking about the clean win Lashley picked up. I think I've been clear with how I feel about how Roman has booked and portrayed, but last night was a bit of an overreaction from the crowd towards the match.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Re: The Crowd -

I watched the Roman vs. Lashley match, and while it was not a MOTY contender, it was NOT a bad match and did not earn the "We the people" and "Rusev Day" chants in the middle of it. I know this one got a lot of attention from the bookers and sites were reporting it was going to be the main event, so the fact that it wasn't should've been enough to cool the crowd down from the Roman hate, and that's not even talking about the clean win Lashley picked up. I think I've been clear with how I feel about how Roman has booked and portrayed, but last night was a bit of an overreaction from the crowd towards the match.
    It always is with the WWE crowd. I tend to notice people take a huge dump on everything (which is fine) but continue to see shows or actively invest in the product even though they “hate” it. They also go to great lengths to slander the company (sometimes rightfully so) to hell and back when they could easily just do like I do and fuck off when they get bored of it. I took breaks and if I get sick of the shit I’ll take another break and cut cold turkey like the last two times.

I’m bored of and can’t stand Roman Reigns these days but I let the matches play out and it’s whatever to me. I don’t get whipped up into an emotional frenzy with it like others do. Or maybe I don’t take wrestling as serious as other people.

Minus ETS I Frequently and avidly post on wrestlingforum.com and I must say I love the site but it has its detractors and loud mouths but it’s overly enjoyable. As far as my fandom goes for some wrestlers (Aleister Black, Adam Cole and Rusev) it’s great! However being an Alexa Bliss fan is exhausting to me these days because I get a constant rush of bullshit from every goddamn angle about how awful she is, how she can’t wrestle, how she buries the division and how she made it back to the divas division. I wade through this shit non fucking stop.

The point I’m making is some “fans” love to suck out all the fun and air out for some people. It also goes to show how serious some people take their title reigns and who holds the belts. One minute you’re an afterthought or liked and the next you're hated. Alexa Bliss could lose the title tonight on RAW and I wouldn’t give a flying fuck as I’d still be a huge supporter and fan of hers.

Carmella wins the title and was an afterthought and now people despise her ass every two seconds. She’s been around for 5 years and she finally gets the title along with wins and now is hated since Asuka lost. Meh.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Carmella wins the title and was an afterthought and now people despise her ass every two seconds. She’s been around for 5 years and she finally gets the title along with wins and now is hated since Asuka lost. Meh.
    I'm not mad that Carmella won, I'm upset that Asuka went undefeated for 3 YEARS and now all of a sudden they have her booked to have the ring awareness of Stevie Wonder.

It's stupid.

Edit: Also Alexa is the best woman in her division zero question.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 07-16-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I'm not mad that Carmella won, I'm upset that Asuka went undefeated for 3 YEARS and now all of a sudden they have her booked to have the ring awareness of Stevie Wonder.

It's stupid.

Edit: Also Alexa is the best woman in her division zero question.
    Call me a jerk off (subjectively) but I hate undefeated gimmicks since it eventually paints a wrestler into a corner and restricts storylines with that person and their opponents. I loved the Mixed Match challenge but the fact every Asuka related promo during it related to keeping her streak alive was a dead giveaway that her and Miz would win the entire thing. It kinda deflated a little bit of the fun to me.

No I’m not saying that as a Team Little Big fan either, even though they should have won.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Team Little Big
    Last edited by tony.parente; 07-16-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    lol wat?

What does that translate to?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    lol wat?

What does that translate to?

Haha fixed

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I went into it knowing Carmella would retain. The finish was just stupid. Two matches in a row and Asuka just stands and stares into space waiting for Carmella. If Carmella pushed her a lot sooner it wouldn't be so bad. Not sure if Carmella is hitting her spot late or that's how it's booked. Either way, it's really bad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Man, despite having their worst ratings ever, they still are shoving that Bobby Lashley vs. Roman Reigns crap right down everyone's throats. You'd think they'd say, maybe we should change directions a bit. Guess not.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So, i just hung out with Paige. Very sweet girl..Kinda drunk though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    Man, despite having their worst ratings ever, they still are shoving that Bobby Lashley vs. Roman Reigns crap right down everyone's throats. You'd think they'd say, maybe we should change directions a bit. Guess not.
    Never seen anyone as stubborn. They hate and absolutely refuse to adapt and change things.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    So, i just hung out with Paige. Very sweet girl..Kinda drunk though.
    Warped?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Warped?

Maybe?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    So Roman is going to finally beat Lesnar (and still won’t be over).

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I mean as much as that is going to suck at least we'll see the belt on TV.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I mean as much as that is going to suck at least we'll see the belt on TV.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Yeah, I guess that could happen but my issues with Reigns are the same as Lashley. These are capable albeit average in ring guys with absolutely zero charisma and menial promo skills. Neither are world champion level.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Something feels potentially different this time. I don't know if Lashley wins next week or not nor do I know that he doesn't end up in the match either way because of a Lesnar run-in next week that causes Angle to make it a triple threat at Summerslam. But something about this feels different. Cole made it a point to compare Lashley and Reigns' title achievements during their ER match and how Roman has accomplished so much and Bobby just didn't seem to get there. There *should* be a long term plan or outlook for Lashley by having him beat Reigns clean before Summerslam. I could see the title bouncing back and forth between them, and then you have the Braun Strowman factor with the MITB briefcase.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Regarding Hulk Hogan -

I'm not surprised. Look, WWE as an entire company has turned some major corners, but there are still major mistakes being made and that's due to the second nature of the people in charge, namely Vince, Steph & Triple H. Vince can't help himself and Paul has that second nature to have the back of one of the boys. It's not good. I have zero criticism for Mark Henry for trying to polish this turd because he's trying to maintain the relationship with the company post-retirement and keep it positive, but I'm interested to hear what a lot of the wrestlers, especially those of color think about this. I don't know what would happen if WWE puts Hogan in front of a crowd - I'd hope they would boo him out of the building similar to what happened at WM29 when Donald Trump was inducted into the HOF at the MetLife stadium. But a lot of people may end up looking past it.

It sucks, because one of Hogan's messages to the locker room this past Sunday was to watch what you say because anyone could be recording at any time, and that's not the point here. You should be looking to better and improve yourself and your outlook of other people, not worrying about saying the N word out loud because someone could be recording. Ugh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I loved the Mixed Match challenge but the fact every Asuka related promo during it related to keeping her streak alive was a dead giveaway that her and Miz would win the entire thing. It kinda deflated a little bit of the fun to me.
    Especially since in NXT defeats in tag matches & battle royals did NOT count against the streak.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post

It sucks, because one of Hogan's messages to the locker room this past Sunday was to watch what you say because anyone could be recording at any time, and that's not the point here. You should be looking to better and improve yourself and your outlook of other people, not worrying about saying the N word out loud because someone could be recording. Ugh.
    ”The camera is always rolling dude!!”

The fact I read that I knew he wasn’t sorry, he was only really “sorry” because he got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    Especially since in NXT defeats in tag matches & battle royals did NOT count against the streak.
    Hadnt ever thought of that honestly. That makes it even more misguided.