Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Patton

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    One of my favourite FNM tunes. Makes me happy seeing and hearing this.

I wonder if they even bothered asking Big Jim about reunion shows again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    One of my favourite FNM tunes. Makes me happy seeing and hearing this.

I wonder if they even bothered asking Big Jim about reunion shows again.
    I believe they did ask him for the 2.0 shows and he said no.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    As cool as it is that they're doing those two shows with Chuck Mosley, it really confirms how right they were to kick him out of the band. He's really not good.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Wow, I don't think I've ever heard him sing anything but Epic, but that was awful. Is he even trying to sing? Does he normally sing by just kinda talking with no energy? Yikes.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Wow, I don't think I've ever heard him sing anything but Epic, but that was awful. Is he even trying to sing? Does he normally sing by just kinda talking with no energy? Yikes.
    when did you hear him sing epic? wasn't that always patton?

but, yeah, yikes seems like an accurate reaction to the above video.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    when did you hear him sing epic? wasn't that always patton?

but, yeah, yikes seems like an accurate reaction to the above video.
    Uh. Yeah, I don't know what the fuck I was thinking. The only FNM album I've listened to is Angel Dust, which I love a lot, but I don't know much more about them. I don't have a fucking clue why I was under the impression that 'Epic' wasn't Patton.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Even a broken clock is correct once a day.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Even a broken clock is correct once a day.
    Yup, not to endorse any political view but he does have a point...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    ha! I just said the exact thing in the RHCP thread...
    great minds think alike etc - by which I mean you and I, NOT Greg Gutfeld (who is a prime tool)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Actually, wait, my bad, it should be: even a broken clock is correct TWICE a day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mike Patton has a new hardcore band according Trey Spruance appearing on the Culture Creature podcast.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Mike Patton has a new hardcore band according Trey Spruance appearing on the Culture Creature podcast.
    I'll definitely take this. Balls-out, screaming, scatting, rocking Patton is the best. Would prefer some new Fantomas or Peeping Tom, but a hardcore band is intriguing. Tetema and Nevermen were cool records, but either didn't leave much of a lasting impression on me. I wonder who else is in this band?

If it ends up sounding anything like Irony of a Dead Scene, I'll be in heaven.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've been aware of Mike Patton for years but never got too deep into his work until recently. I've heard some Faith No More before though, you know, the obvious songs.

However, I just recently listened to Mr. Bungle's first record then saw an old live show on YouTube and I gotta know, where the fuck have I been all these years? I always planned on getting into Bungle but never decided to do it until now. It's incredible and I want a reunion as soon as possible.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 09-07-2016 at 06:55 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anybody give a listen to the deluxe editions of KFAD and AOTY? Recommend purchase? I have the original cds and most of the b-sides on a comp. disc, except for the remixes and live versions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I picked them up but haven't gotten a chance to listen to them yet. Hoping the "remastering" isn't terrible like it was on the last 2.

Interesting note, Jim Martin is credited as a writer on the KFAD b-side Absolute Zero. Must have been a leftover riff from the Angel Dust sessions or something.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I listened to KFAD last night. It sounded good to me. Haven't had a chance to listen to AOTY yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now that I've listened to both reissues, I would give my review as "ugh."

Not a fan of these. There's no consistency to the "remastering." Songs are either louder, practically the same, or have been remixed so that prominent elements are buried in the mix. On rare occasions I heard little things I never noticed before. But like The Real Thing & Angel Dust "remasters" last year, these are a wasted opportunity. I mainly bought them for the few b-sides & remixes I don't have, and the short essay by Roddy was interesting, but yuck.

I'll stick with my original versions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So evidently Dead Cross (new hardcore band featuring Dave Lombardo, Justin Pearson, etc.) have replaced Gabe Serbian with a new, already "established" singer that they name drop yet, and a new label that they can't name drop yet. Patton and Ipecac, I wonder?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    So evidently Dead Cross (new hardcore band featuring Dave Lombardo, Justin Pearson, etc.) have replaced Gabe Serbian with a new, already "established" singer that they name drop yet, and a new label that they can't name drop yet. Patton and Ipecac, I wonder?
    i'm confused...they're a new band but they've already replaced someone? also, gabe was fucking great in the locust with justin, so i don't know why he needs replacing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i'm confused...they're a new band but they've already replaced someone? also, gabe was fucking great in the locust with justin, so i don't know why he needs replacing.
    Yeah, evidently Gabe left, doesn't say why though.

http://www.theprp.com/2016/09/12/new...-gabe-serbian/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Yeah, evidently Gabe left, doesn't say why though.

http://www.theprp.com/2016/09/12/new...-gabe-serbian/
    yeah, i'm guessing patton & ipecac.

also, "...have underwent a lineup change" is SUCH A POORLY WORDED AND GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT SENTENCE. i understand everyone has different levels of education and i don't think someone is a bad person for making a mistake, but if your JOB is WRITING for an online publication, at least proofread your god damn work before you post it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Now that I've listened to both reissues, I would give my review as "ugh."

Not a fan of these. There's no consistency to the "remastering." Songs are either louder, practically the same, or have been remixed so that prominent elements are buried in the mix. On rare occasions I heard little things I never noticed before. But like The Real Thing & Angel Dust "remasters" last year, these are a wasted opportunity. I mainly bought them for the few b-sides & remixes I don't have, and the short essay by Roddy was interesting, but yuck.

I'll stick with my original versions.
    Did you get KFAD on vinyl? I was thinking of getting the vinyl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Did you get KFAD on vinyl? I was thinking of getting the vinyl.
    CD version for both.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Reading the liner notes of the deluxe edition of KFAD, it doesn't look like a lot of love was lost between Jim Martin and the rest of the band.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Reading the liner notes of the deluxe edition of KFAD, it doesn't look like a lot of love was lost between Jim Martin and the rest of the band.
    If you've never watched this it's worth your time.

You can tell that the rest of the band is pretty much fed up with Martin, and they hadn't even finished recording Angel Dust yet.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    If you've never watched this it's worth your time.

You can tell that the rest of the band is pretty much fed up with Martin, and they hadn't even finished recording Angel Dust yet.
    Mike Patton should go into comedy if this whole music thing doesn't work out.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Didn't they wrote "Ugly in the Morning", with Jim Martin in mind?, i think it's safe to say there was a lot of bad blood...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    What's weird is that both Roddy and Mike contacted Jim Martin and asked if he wanted to come back. It's clear they don't hate each other anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Martin did show up to play Jizzlobber or something at some show.

I feel like Jim Martin was an important part of the band. I'm well aware that this isn't an unpopular opinion either, but it cannot be stressed enough that he brought something to the band that nobody else has since.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 09-27-2016 at 04:53 AM.