Page 10 of 94 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Can't believe Washington won. Really didn't think they had it in them at the start of these playoffs but somehow they pulled it off.

2 game 7's tonight. I'll be switching back and forth. I'm rooting for the Sens and Panthers.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Wow.

I was sort of stoked that Ward scored. Anyone, but Ovi really.

Now, I have to go cheer for The Rangers.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Absolutely disgusting.

LETS GO PANTHERS!!!!!

this game is giving me a heart attack. I had an invite to go to this game too. I had to work. oh well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Went 5 for 8 on predictions for the first round. Not good haha.

Next round:

(1) New York Rangers vs (7) Washington Capitals
    (5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (6) New Jersey Devils

(2) St. Louis Blues vs (8) Los Angeles Kings
    (3) Phoenix Coyotes vs (4) Nashville Predators

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Went 5 for 8 on predictions for the first round. Not good haha.
    For the playoffs this year, I'd probably venture to say you did pretty damn good. I imagine there's a thousand hockey pools now full of guys scratching their heads after what's gone down. Also, I pretty much agree with your next round picks other than L.A. beating St. Louis. The Blues are hungry this year, I see them goin' deep.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Dying to see a Flyers/Kings finals, and I am fan of neither team. There would be some great stories fleshed out in that series.

Hope Luongo ends up in Toronto. In Vancouver, if he doesn't win the cup he's a bum, in Toronto if he gets in at #8, he'll be a fucking hero.

In other news, can the fantasy baseball commish get their heads out of the ass please and fix the playoffs? Fucking BUSH LEAGUE.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Can't believe Washington won. Really didn't think they had it in them at the start of these playoffs but somehow they pulled it off.

2 game 7's tonight. I'll be switching back and forth. I'm rooting for the Sens and Panthers.
    I attribute this to coaching. That Caps coach has the balls to bench Ovi. And then after making Ovi part of the Borg, he keeps on the bench to confuse The Rangers, and it worked. I'm impressed. I still don't think The Caps will walk away from the series, but they are going to wear down The Rangers so who ever gets em in the finals will have a fighting chance.

And The Truth Tebowed.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    In other news, can the fantasy baseball commish get their heads out of the ass please and fix the playoffs? Fucking BUSH LEAGUE.
    For medical reasons I'm not going to talk about, I haven't been monitoring the baseball league with any regularity and didn't catch the playoff thing when I set it up. I will address it as soon as I can, certainly before the playoffs start. Chill.

Triple OT game last night was fantastic, and the right team won. Can *nobody* win the West? I dislike all the remaining teams and don't want any of them sniffing the Cup.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't look all that dumb for picking L.A. to beat the Blues now. How about the Devils making a run against Philly? Oh man a Rangers/Devils series would be great. At this point I see the Kings and Rangers as the frontrunners even though L.A. is just the "8th" seed.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Josh Hamilton.

That is all.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    So is anyone enjoying being used as toilet paper I wipe my ass with in the fantasy baseball league or what? How is possible for everyone to be so shit except for me?

Bow down to your fantasy god.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    You're that sineater guy aren't you?

I need to pay attention the NHL playoffs. I would love to see a Rangers- Kings final. Then the talking heads will go on and on about the bi-coastal fatigue. East coasters surprisingly do better so, Rangers win.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm not sure who this 'sineater' character is, but if he is known for being legendarily money at fantasy baseball, and it sounds like he was, then I shall take that as a compliment. A thank you.
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 05-17-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Y if you are still out there....I love you man!!!! best day in my footy life CHELSEA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!!! Can't wait to hopefully see them in July here in Seattle!!!!

Can't stop crying so amazing!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Forgot to do it before the series started but as always here is my obligatory yearly Thunders hate comment:

Go Spurs!!!!!!! I will never ever and I mean ever cheer for the Thunder! I respect their squad which is one of the best in the NBA but they are that "Team". Never going to forget that even if we ever land another NBA team (my dislike for them will go down extremely in that case but never end).

So I'm calling Spurs in 6!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Forgot to do it before the series started but as always here is my obligatory yearly Thunders hate comment:

Go Spurs!!!!!!! I will never ever and I mean ever cheer for the Thunder! I respect their squad which is one of the best in the NBA but they are that "Team". Never going to forget that even if we ever land another NBA team (my dislike for them will go down extremely in that case but never end).

I really enjoy watching the Thunder play and Kevin Durant seems like the exact guy you would want leading your franchise, so I should be cheering for them. However, I feel like the Spurs have a better chance to take down the Heat and that's really what I'm interested in.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    The way they looked in game one, and the way they look tonight, I'd put money on them not losing at. 4-0, 4-0, 4-0, 4-0. This team is playing some of the best basketball I've seen in over a decade

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Kings in four. Quick for president.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    Kings in four. Quick for president.
    I'm going with Kings in 6.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    On a related NHL slant, reports coming in hot that Luongo is headed to Toronto with a deal in place no later than July 1st.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    The way they looked in game one, and the way they look tonight, I'd put money on them not losing at. 4-0, 4-0, 4-0, 4-0. This team is playing some of the best basketball I've seen in over a decade
    I think they'll win the championship, but I think they'll lose tomorrow and maybe a couple to Miami in the finals. That being said, this run has just been amazing to watch, and just when I think the streak is going to end, Parker or Ginobili have a ridiculous 4th quarter. It's special to watch though, these guys are playing at a different level and I don't think I've seen any team play quite like this where they're just so focused on winning and can beat you in a defensive struggle and a run and gun team. Watch the Spurs along the way because what they're doing and how they're playing will never be seen again in this league of me first players.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    On a related NHL slant, reports coming in hot that Luongo is headed to Toronto with a deal in place no later than July 1st.
    Damn, we wanted to keep Schneider, but this is just cruel...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I think they'll win the championship, but I think they'll lose tomorrow and maybe a couple to Miami in the finals. That being said, this run has just been amazing to watch, and just when I think the streak is going to end, Parker or Ginobili have a ridiculous 4th quarter. It's special to watch though, these guys are playing at a different level and I don't think I've seen any team play quite like this where they're just so focused on winning and can beat you in a defensive struggle and a run and gun team. Watch the Spurs along the way because what they're doing and how they're playing will never be seen again in this league of me first players.
    Knew we would lose last night, but I'm actually worried. I still think Oklahoma can win this series outright. It looks like fans outside of San Antonio are really hopeful that the Spurs can pull it off and win, bu I'm skeptical. I never really fell in love with this team and I think we're extremely vulnerable. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit to see Oklahoma still win this series.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Watched the last half of the game. Thought I accidentally turned to Home and Garden or something with all those bricks the Spurs were tossin' out.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    The guys on TNT getting all worked up about how amazing Rondo is. I'm thinking, the guy does what he does because he's not afraid. He's such an angry dude, he doesn't give a shit - yeah,I;m going to bounce pass this ball to Pierce right in all that traffic. Dude gets lucky and Magic Johnson is cumming all over himself.

Don't get me wrong, I like The Celts, they are "my team". KG is mah man and Rondo and him have to play together to win. Dwayne Wade has to disappear and crawl up in a ball too. At least I get to see them play two more times this year.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    The guys on TNT getting all worked up about how amazing Rondo is. I'm thinking, the guy does what he does because he's not afraid. He's such an angry dude, he doesn't give a shit - yeah,I;m going to bounce pass this ball to Pierce right in all that traffic. Dude gets lucky and Magic Johnson is cumming all over himself.

Don't get me wrong, I like The Celts, they are "my team". KG is mah man and Rondo and him have to play together to win. Dwayne Wade has to disappear and crawl up in a ball too. At least I get to see them play two more times this year.
    That's what's great - or terrible, depending on your level of "basketball purity" - about Rondo. He doesn't have any fear when he plays. He's always played with a chip on his shoulder and acted like it's him and his team against the world. The passion is awesome. Can't wait to see them close it out at home.

In other news, I'm so bummed to watch the Devils get the piss kicked out of them. I didn't start getting back into hockey until this year, but I've always liked Kovalchuk.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Well, looks like LA will be winning the Stanley Cup tonight the way they've been walking over Jersey. Even if they lose tonight, Jersey'd need another three straight wins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There is no god....

Fucking ill at the moment!

C'mon Heat or Celtics!!!!
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 06-06-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    holy shit, L.A. is gonna win the fucking Stanley Cup!!