Page 59 of 263 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 7887

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Life-threatening band member illness, on top of everything else? WHAT A LAME EXCUSE. GET TO WORK YOU LAZY SHITHEADS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Life-threatening band member illness, on top of everything else? WHAT A LAME EXCUSE. GET TO WORK YOU LAZY SHITHEADS.
    Well that's a good excuse.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I want it to come out on the ten-year anniversary of 10,000 Days. Just to hammer it home.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I want it to come out on the ten-year anniversary of 10,000 Days. Just to hammer it home.
    This would be amazing. It would be like a great Christmas gift to the true hangers-on.

Seriously, though, Adam sounds optimistic and he's such a driving force that I'm glad to hear him being so positive. Especially his effusive praise of Maynard in the original Yahoo article.

I love Adam's comment about them getting older and a "different kind of flame" now. A lot of us have matured with the band and it'd be great to see that trend continue.

And I really don't care if I get labelled as an apologist or a fanatic or whatever. I'll take it as a compliment and move on. I've got my life to live but this little part of it sure is fun.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Am I the only one who read that part of the story as "Justin was sick"? I mean...sure doesn't seem like Maynard has been battling anything, given how much he's done. Danny's been playing quite a bit. And if Adam was the one talking, I feel like he could have just said "I had a problem". Not that it's any of our business, though. Nice to hear that the lawsuit is over.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Could have been a family member of a band member. I'm not sure how likely that is given the verbiage. But, yes, that's how I read it too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wasn't it Adams wife???

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Cant believe they talk about the memes but didnt mention the best one. The Interstellar one.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    Wasn't it Adams wife???
    I think that's just called pregnancy.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I wonder what their April Fools prank will be this year?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I wonder what their April Fools prank will be this year?
    They'll announce their "curveball" and no one will believe it. Then it'll happen and we'll all be amazed.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    They'll announce their "curveball" and no one will believe it. Then it'll happen and we'll all be amazed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Nothing loads for me. Is that the joke?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "This music leak is unsettling on many levels. First off, it truly sucks to have your unfinished music available on the interweb without your consent. And second, to have it immediately picked up by someone and released as their own work is infuriating. We don't encourage anyone to listen to this leaked clip because it's far from finished and it will spoil what's to come. But if you absolutely must, then listen to both clips. These are practically identical. It's a clear cut case of copyright infringement and plagiarism." ‪#‎sueeverybody‬‪#‎marchthirtysecond‬
    Tool Leak:
    The Other:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So, I guess this confirms Maynard played GTA 5?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I got so excited when I heard the album leaked. Not because I could listen to a stolen album, that's fucked. But that Tool were in fact working on a new album. Totally forgot what day it was...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    So, I guess this confirms Maynard played GTA 5?
    East Los FM!I enjoy that station it's pretty funny and has some good songs, glad to see the band enjoys it as well. Lol too funny, I saw the post yesterday got a bit excited clicked and heard this and I remembered April Fools is upon us.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Kinda broke at the moment and need every penny I can scrape up, so if you need or want anything still available here, please PM me and we can work something out:

http://toolcollector.ryan-s.org

Or if you're feeling extra generous, a donation to me at ryan@ryan-s.org wouldn't hurt either. :-)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Yesterday morning on the website:

Today on Adam's Instagram:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    You know I don't blame bands when they take a long time to release their next record. It comes when it comes. I never once felt any anger towards Tool because I don't have a follow up to 10,000 Days in my hands.

Where some slight anger on my end does lie however is with Blair. How much responsibility the band should take for allowing him to be the sole communicator in basically a 10 year span with ridiculously senseless and meaningless diatribes is a different kind of argument but it is all connected.

I feel like if the website was basically dormant for the entire time, sans some tour dates posted and maybe some photos from said tour, it would be different. But a constant every so often jerk off session that alludes to various things but provides nothing but angst and confusion only serves to stir the pot and piss people off. Maybe that was the point, maybe it wasn't, but either way I feel like there has to be some accountability there in turning your fanbase into what it's become. The blue balls are definitely intentional. They have to be.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by valiantsteed View Post
    You know I don't blame bands when they take a long time to release their next record. It comes when it comes. I never once felt any anger towards Tool because I don't have a follow up to 10,000 Days in my hands.

Where some slight anger on my end does lie however is with Blair. How much responsibility the band should take for allowing him to be the sole communicator in basically a 10 year span with ridiculously senseless and meaningless diatribes is a different kind of argument but it is all connected.

I feel like if the website was basically dormant for the entire time, sans some tour dates posted and maybe some photos from said tour, it would be different. But a constant every so often jerk off session that alludes to various things but provides nothing but angst and confusion only serves to stir the pot and piss people off. Maybe that was the point, maybe it wasn't, but either way I feel like there has to be some accountability there in turning your fanbase into what it's become. The blue balls are definitely intentional. They have to be.
    Yes, they are. It's been like that since the late 90s so it's nothing new.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Whatever this is (obviously not the new album, MJK just started writing, no way they are mixing yet), i hope its worth putting the new album on hold. I hope im wrong though, and it is the new album. Best way to avoid a leak, is to not say a fucking word about a new album and do as much as possible in house. Hope thats what they are doing. If not i hope its Prob 8 and a comprehensive live collection from many different eras, a la 'Salival II'. Im sure its wishful thinking.

Also, the version of stinkfist from '95 in san bernadino (check it on youtube), is fucking awesome. Paul is still there and the "something kind of sad about...." part is different. I like it way better and wish they would kept it this way. So good.
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 04-15-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Whatever this is (obviously not the new album, MJK just started writing, no way they are mixing yet), i hope its worth putting the new album on hold. I hope im wrong though, and it is the new album. Best way to avoid a leak, is to not say a fucking word about a new album and do as much as possible in house. Hope thats what they are doing. If not i hope its Prob 8 and a comprehensive live collection from many different eras, a la 'Salival II'. Im sure its wishful thinking.

Also, the version of stinkfist from '95 in san bernadino (check it on youtube), is fucking awesome. Paul is still there and the "something kind of sad about...." part is different. I like it way better and wish they would kept it this way. So good.
    I'm not gonna speculate on the "curveball" because who knows what it is. It's obviously nearing completion. But I don't think it put the new album on hold. There have clearly been other things going on and the "curveball" basically seems like a long-term project that the guys found time for between lawsuits, babies, divorces, and various diseases.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I'm not gonna speculate on the "curveball" because who knows what it is. It's obviously nearing completion. But I don't think it put the new album on hold. There have clearly been other things going on and the "curveball" basically seems like a long-term project that the guys found time for between lawsuits, babies, divorces, and various diseases.
    This is what makes me think its something kind of big, like a live thing from more than one tour. Ive always wanted some great quality lateralus tour audio. The fact that theyve worked on it so long, hopefully supports that. WTF else could it be?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

This is what makes me think its something kind of big, like a live thing from more than one tour. Ive always wanted some great quality lateralus tour audio. The fact that theyve worked on it so long, hopefully supports that. WTF else could it be?
    A movie, an instrumental album, a remix album, remixed/remastered copies of the albums (maybe even 5.1 surround).

It could be a huge disappointment but I'm leaning in the direction of something that the majority of fans will enjoy and the minority of fans will bitch about endlessly as a distraction/selling out/not enough like Opiate/Undertow/Ænima/Lateralus/10,000 Days.

EDIT: For an example of the latter, please see the APC live trifecta albums and the release of Stone & Echo from Redrocks and every single Tool release since Opiate.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Check your inbox!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    My guess is a b-sides/rarities collection.

A guess at the tracklist:

1. I.
    2. (+) Ions
    3. Faap de Oiad (Extended)
    4. Danny's Dick
    5. Lipan Conjuring (Extended)
    6. Message to Harry Manback III
    7. Disgustipated (Extended)
    8. Intermission II
    9. Stinkfist (Demo)
    10. Six Degrees (Separation)
    11. Eon Blue Apocalypse (Live)
    12. The Gaping Lotus Experience II
    13. Ya'll Want A Single (KoRn cover)
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 04-15-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    Oh that made me laugh!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    My guess is a b-sides/rarities collection.

A guess at the tracklist:

1. I.
    2. (+) Ions
    3. Faap de Oiad (Extended)
    4. Danny's Dick
    5. Lipan Conjuring (Extended)
    6. Message to Harry Manback III
    7. Disgustipated (Extended)
    8. Intermission II
    9. Stinkfist (Demo)
    10. Six Degrees (Separation)
    11. Eon Blue Apocalypse (Live)
    12. Lipan Conjuring (Extended)
    Why is Lipan Conjuring twice on that tracklist?