Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trent + Beats

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Trent + Beats

https://www.facebook.com/treznor/posts/3343982178391
    Some of you may have read that I have begun working withBeats By Dre. For the past year I have indeed been involved with Dre, Jimmy Iovine, Luke Wood, and the rest of the team on a number of very interesting projects that will start to emerge next year. I have been wanting to experiment and focus my energy and creativity in some different directions, and Beats has afforded me that very opportunity. The process has been challenging and fascinating and as much as I'd like to tell you about the things we've dreamed up... I just can't.
    Not yet...
    (I can tell you it's probably not what you're expecting!)

Rob Sheridan is also involved:
    https://www.facebook.com/robsheridan...12079265469364
    Something interesting/unexpected I've been involved in with Trent for the past year. Can't give any details beyond what he said...

Last edited by DigitalChaos; 10-16-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Come again?

edit: makes me sad, deep inside, somehow....

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Why would it make you sad that the greatest Rap producer and one of the greatest rappers of all time is working with Trent again? Is it because you think Timbaland is better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally! Strobe Light is going to come out!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    i have to admit that i am not that into rap . I do like onra and some songs from FL for example but slurred gangster lyrics never excited me.
    I am well aware that Trent always wanted to "do" a "hiphop" album. but it never happened (besides the saul williams collab) and i actually thought because of good reasons. please prove me wrong....

and that product placement/involment shit doesn't make me feel better
    Last edited by baudolino; 10-16-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Every time something begins to become clear he has to go ahead and dangle some mysterious blurry new thing in our faces. DAMMIT TRENT!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Not gonna lie; I laughed at first. Only because whatever this is, it's probably the last thing i would've expected to read about today. But I'm sure he knows perfectly well whatever the fuck he's doing. Exciting as always.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Sheridan is also involved:
    https://www.facebook.com/robsheridan...12079265469364
    Something interesting/unexpected I've been involved in with Trent for the past year. Can't give any details beyond what he said...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It should also be noted that he said "a number of projects".

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If they were smart, they'd get TR to help them develop a remix.nin.com component (but on a global scale, obviously) into their new MOG digital music service acquisition.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Well I thought Even Deeper was great, and I like a lot of Dr Dre's work, so I'm guessing it's going to be worth investigating. I remember when the Beats laptops etc. came out and thinking "that would be cool if there was a Nine Inch Nails version!".

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    It should also be noted that he said "a number of projects".
    different color styles of the headphones!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I decided to read the Facebook comments about this. Never Again.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    it's not headphones
    Trent is just having fun screwing with everyone because everyone automatically thinks it's headphones despite the "(I can tell you it's probably not what you're expecting!)"

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Someone needs to put the Strobe Light glasses on Trent and stick Sheridan's head on someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it is some sort of consumer software/hardware extension that allows you to remix with multi-tracks on the go?
    Last edited by Dinki Di; 10-16-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    T. Rizzle on Detox? I can only dream.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by plusminus View Post
    Finally! Strobe Light is going to come out!
    Hey, don't tease me. Some of us actually want Strobe Light to become reality. Somewhere in Fringe's alternative universe there's a multi-platinum Strobe Light record right next to Bleedthrough platinum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I bet they made some music. Fuck, that would be SO awesome.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I echo the statements that this is definitely the last thing I was expecting to come from Trent next. But like others have also said, I definitely trust that he knows what he's doing, and I'm super pumped for it.

10/10 - Would buy Beats by Reznor headphones

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This has to be tied in with The Fragile re-issue, correct? To me it would be strange if the re-issue isn't one of the projects to come out of this considering Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine (Interscope) are involved. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wave Goodbye footage comes out of this as well (although I have no idea what they would have in mind with that). Thoughts?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    This has to be tied in with The Fragile re-issue, correct? To me it would be strange if the re-issue isn't one of the projects to come out of this considering Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine (Interscope) are involved. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wave Goodbye footage comes out of this as well (although I have no idea what they would have in mind with that). Thoughts?

thoughts?!: may your words become reality!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I take your tweet, and I raise you......a more recent tweet (??) https://twitter.com/simonenicholas/s...92947344601088

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    I take your tweet, and I raise you......a more recent tweet (??) https://twitter.com/simonenicholas/s...92947344601088
    If it were The Fragile... why did Trent list the President & COO of Beats as one of the 3 names? I don't see where Luke Wood is going to be involved with it unless there is some sort of audio hardware being coupled into a deluxe package or something.

hrmm... I guess I could see that actually.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethbryte View Post
    T. Rizzle on Detox? I can only dream.
    Atticus was rumoured to be on Detox a few rumours ago, if that's true then Trent might've come too - but come on, Trent is a master of instrumentals, and The Planets is Dre's upcoming instrumental album...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Still N.I.N.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wasn't Detox announced in 2001? I though people gave up hope of ever hearing that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    If it were The Fragile... why did Trent list the President & COO of Beats as one of the 3 names? I don't see where Luke Wood is going to be involved with it unless there is some sort of audio hardware being coupled into a deluxe package or something.

hrmm... I guess I could see that actually.
    Don't think it is re The Fragile in all honesty...just pointing out I guessed/speculated some involvement with Dre before Trent announced it on that Social Network.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    well, that settles it. I've decided that I will be incredibly disappointed if the Fragile 30th anniversary edition (soon) doesn't include a Dr Dre mix of the entire album.