Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack White/Third Man

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just got around to listening to the new album and quite like it, and I say that as someone who isn't a WS/JW fanatic.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I'll probably sign up when the next package gets announced.
    And that time is now. Splooge.

http://www.thirdmanrecords.com/news/...ult-package-21

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So is the regular vinyl edition of Lazaretto the Ultra-LP? I can't find any info on a deluxe edition or anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pretty excited for package 21. That new Dead Weather track sounds SO GOOD & soundboard quality live Stripes material is always welcome, although I wish they'd put out something from the 2003 or 2005 tours. Having all of these early shows is pretty wonderful though. I absolutely could not give less of a fuck about the flag, it seems like a pretty dull extra. I'd rather have another t-shirt, at least I'd get some use out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    So is the regular vinyl edition of Lazaretto the Ultra-LP? I can't find any info on a deluxe edition or anything.
    The ultra LP is the only vinyl version of Lazaretto & that seems to be the plan indefinitely, TMR hasn't said anything about pressing a version without all of the lovely bells & whistles. The only special edition that will ever exist is the blue & white split version from Vault package #20, which is identical to the regular release except it's pressed on coloured wax & has different artwork.
    Last edited by StopRemembering; 07-09-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Despite finally having my turntable set back up I still haven't spun the ultra lp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is anybody here going to see him in Detroit on the 28th at the Fox Theatre or the 30th at the Jack White Theatre?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Did everyone get Vault Package #20 OK? I hit with a hefty customs charge a friend of mine received the regular vinyl and not the vault package, TMR have yet to respond to her.

Caught shows in Paris (x2), Amsterdam and London and BBC Radio 1 Zane Lowe session. Absolutely, fucking outstanding. Looking forward to seeing shows in Brussels, Leeds, Glasgow and London in November.
    Last edited by Scarlet Siren; 07-22-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    Did everyone get Vault Package #20 OK? I hit with a hefty customs charge a friend of mine received the regular vinyl and not the vault package, TMR have yet to respond to her.

Caught shows in Paris (x2), Amsterdam and London and BBC Radio 1 Zane Lowe session. Absolutely, fucking outstanding. Looking forward to seeing shows in Brussels, Leeds, Glasgow and London in November.

Email Cam at vault@thirdmanrecords.com

He should get back to you about the issues. He is usually pretty good when I have issues.

I don't usually get hit with customs fees in Canada, but I know a lot of people in Europe do.. IF you got a hefty customs fee, email Cam at the address above and let them know. Send him a photo of the customs bill. They admitted they fucked up on the customs declaration values so they are giving 35% coupon to those who were hit with fees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFestivals View Post
    Is anybody here going to see him in Detroit on the 28th at the Fox Theatre or the 30th at the Jack White Theatre?
    I will be at both of these shows as well as the Toronto show. I love how the NIN Detroit and Toronto dates worked out perfectly around the Jack White Detroit and Toronto shows. I also have a Weezer show Thursday.... Literally have 6 shows in 8 days. haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Just got around to listening to the new album and quite like it, and I say that as someone who isn't a WS/JW fanatic.
    Raconteurs is his best stuff, but I do like his new album. He is one of the best modern day artists live though. I put Jack up there with Trent..

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arewhyehen View Post
    Raconteurs is his best stuff, but I do like his new album. He is one of the best modern day artists live though. I put Jack up there with Trent..
    I saw both the Raconteurs and TWS live--good shows and I like White's work. IMHO he's overrated, but I agree that he is one of the best modern day artists around.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Email Cam at vault@thirdmanrecords.com

He should get back to you about the issues. He is usually pretty good when I have issues.

I don't usually get hit with customs fees in Canada, but I know a lot of people in Europe do.. IF you got a hefty customs fee, email Cam at the address above and let them know. Send him a photo of the customs bill. They admitted they fucked up on the customs declaration values so they are giving 35% coupon to those who were hit with fees.

Yip. I have my discount code. Got the email for that last week Just wondered how everyone else got on. Thanks though.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I saw both the Raconteurs and TWS live--good shows and I like White's work. IMHO he's overrated, but I agree that he is one of the best modern day artists around.
    I prefer The Dead Weather. Never got in to The Racs, so I never saw them live. But saw TDW and TWS plenty.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I will be at both of these shows as well as the Toronto show. I love how the NIN Detroit and Toronto dates worked out perfectly around the Jack White Detroit and Toronto shows. I also have a Weezer show Thursday.... Literally have 6 shows in 8 days. haha
    Nice! That's going to be a great week!
    I've got the same schedule minus the Toronto Jack White show and Weezer. My ride fell through for NIN Detroit though, so I'm still trying to figure out a way of getting there. Stupid Detroit with no bus service to DTE! Haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    I prefer The Dead Weather. Never got in to The Racs, so I never saw them live. But saw TDW and TWS plenty.
    Never seen TDW. Still waiting for that to complete seeing all his bands live. I have a hard time picturing him as the drummer and not the front man. He is just a great frontman, IMO. I have seen The Kills live and they are incredible. Alison has great stage presence so I could see the Dead Weather being great live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since we are on topic about Jack...Here is a photo of him at the Cubs game tonight on his night off, before he plays back to back Chicago shows starting tomorrow.
    Priceless..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...cago-cubs-game

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Some footage from the Vescovo & Co secret show in London last month just popped up, albeit in a very odd fashion:

Hopefully that means TMR will release a complete video sometime, it sounds like it was a really bizarre & unique show.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StopRemembering View Post
    Some footage from the Vescovo & Co secret show in London last month just popped up, albeit in a very odd fashion:

Hopefully that means TMR will release a complete video sometime, it sounds like it was a really bizarre & unique show.
    I was SOOOOOOO close to getting it to that secret show. There was a list of people who were lucky enough to attend. Some folk including myself showed up just in case, they let two people who weren't on the list in and guess who was third. This girl Anyway, I shouldn't complain, only a few hours before I'd just watch Jack and the band perform in a room with 40 people for BBC 1's Zane Lowe's Sessions. It was AMAZING.

So, who's signed up to the next Vault package?

Who's seeing Jack in Europe over the next week or two? I'm going to Prague, Frankfurt, Brussels, Glasgow and London. If you're there, stop by and say hello

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just think of all the other White Stripes stuff he's just sitting on haha....damn.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That Vault package looks great! Question: If you sign up for the vault do you also need to pay for these packages? Or is it something that comes with the subscription? I was a little unclear after looking at the website....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    That Vault package looks great! Question: If you sign up for the vault do you also need to pay for these packages? Or is it something that comes with the subscription? I was a little unclear after looking at the website....
    Paying for a Vault subscription is essentially paying for this package. One and the same.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't think TMR would top package #22 so soon but damn, #23 is fucking gorgeous. Plus the mention of GBMS's 10 year anniversary all but guarantees that it'll finally get a proper vinyl release this year, and probably something special come RSD too.

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Just think of all the other White Stripes stuff he's just sitting on haha....damn.
    There's been a heavy rumour circulating for a long time now that Jack has recordings of all of the Stripes' shows. Seemed a little far fetched at first but given the variety of material that's come out via the Vault over the years & the fact that one of Jack's most bizarre claims was recently proven to be true it's a lot more plausible now. Also there's a rumour that long time TMR photog & friend James Swanson is sitting on a big ol' pile of footage from a variety of Jack's projects. Hopefully this'll all see the light of day sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Paying for a Vault subscription is essentially paying for this package. One and the same.
    So long as you're paying for the $60 sub. The $20 sub only gets you access to the Vault website, including the Novelty Shop (where they sell exclusive Vault merchandise & extra stock of past package components) and any ticket presales that might occur that quarter.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StopRemembering View Post
    So long as you're paying for the $60 sub. The $20 sub only gets you access to the Vault website, including the Novelty Shop (where they sell exclusive Vault merchandise & extra stock of past package components) and any ticket presales that might occur that quarter.
    That's true. I guess I don't even consider the $20 option and oftentimes forget about it, because c'mon who just wants the website access and other minor details? You subscribe to Vault FOR these packages, or at least anyone I've spoken to does anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Subscribed to the vault about 2 weeks ago because there was no way I was not going to get package 23, then it was announced yesterday morning that Jack's playing a show here on 4/15. Scored myself some presale tickets this morning.

I'd say that worked out pretty well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I received Vault Package 23 in the mail yesterday....and it's beautiful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got mine yesterday too, it really is a stunner. Haven't given the records a spin yet but I adore the print & postcards, Rob Jones' aesthetic worked so well with the Stripes' sensibilities. Kind of disappointing that the DVD is exactly the same as the special that aired on MTV back in 2005, but at least the LP is the whole show. I hope TMR keeps boxing the Vault packages like they've done with #22 & #23, it's a much nicer way to keep everything together & shipping is a lot safer than it was with their old method of shoving everything into the LP sleeve & shrink wrapping it. Although each package takes up 3-4 LPs worth of space on my rapidly filling record shelves, but whatever.

Jack was on the Vault chat this morning & hinted at there being a new tier of the Vault coming that'll include a discounted subscription to Jay-Z's Tidal music streaming service. Jack's heavily involved in the company & will be posting exclusive content there (the White Stripes' first TV performance is up now, no idea what else may be coming). It's caused a bit of a ruckus among Vault subscribers because exclusive digital content was supposed to be part of the deal from the get go, but very little has actually been posted. Having to get another subscription to see stuff that's ostensibly Vault worthy is rubbing people the wrong way.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Jack White announces surprise acoustic tour; will then take a 'long break from performing live'

Five acoustic shows in states he's never played in, shows will be announced day of, tickets sold at the venue for $3 each.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Jack White announces surprise acoustic tour; will then take a 'long break from performing live'

Five acoustic shows in states he's never played in, shows will be announced day of, tickets sold at the venue for $3 each.
    $3 each?! Awesome! That's going to sell out fast, though...