Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [We don't like] Death Grips

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

[We don't like] Death Grips

i think this is utter trash. i don't believe them about leaking shit. they are overhyped, noisy garbage that isn't the least bit shocking or creative. they also fucked over their fans a few months back by cancelling show at the last minute w/barely an explanation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hope Epic sues them. I think they acted like total dicks. They signed the contract. I hate that type of attitude this band has, have their heads so far up their asses.

I dont think many people are that impressed.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I guess I just don't get it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They still don't fit in the "90s Nostalgia" tour.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Well, I know when I'll be grabbing a beer and garlic fries.......

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    just terrible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    YAY!!! Now maybe someone who actually fits the bill will be on the NIN/Soundgarden tour!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    they cancelled two shows i tried to see them at. great records but fucktards of human beings.
    Naw dude, not fucktards. Death Grips was never a "Band" but rather an art instillation. Their ability to cancel shows, I feel, was genuinely PART of the music. It was PART of that band's image. They just didn't give a fuck. Live shows are about promotion, they didn't give a shit. Death Grips was my #1 band I wanted to see at Pitchfork, but I can't help but smile over the cancelation. What's a more Death Grips way of performing at Pitchfork at 3 in the afternoon than to just not play.

This news is sad for sure, there'll never be another Death Grips LP. But they'll live on in infamy no doubt.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so, their reason for breaking up, and throwing away an opportunity to play in front of a ton of people who might discover their music, is that they're currently so awesome they're sure it's not worth it to keep going...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Naw dude, not fucktards. Death Grips was never a "Band" but rather an art instillation. Their ability to cancel shows, I feel, was genuinely PART of the music. It was PART of that band's image.
    Cancelling shows was part of their Art? ok lol.....

Big Black did this too many years ago, just when Songs about Fucking was about to come out they split after just 3 years. no one understood why.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Naw dude, not fucktards. Death Grips was never a "Band" but rather an art instillation. Their ability to cancel shows, I feel, was genuinely PART of the music. It was PART of that band's image.
    Calculated gestures that desperately demonstrate how little you give a fuck are transparent bullshit.

They just didn't give a fuck.
    So punk... really though? The "I don't give a fuck" sentiment is only cool when you don't really mean it. There's nothing interesting about a musician authentically saying "I don't care."

Live shows are about promotion
    Live shows are a LOT more than just promotion... well, if you give a fuck they are.

What's next? is it going to be a hallmark of someone who's a big music fan if their attitude is "actually, I don't really give a fuck about music."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so, their reason for breaking up, and throwing away an opportunity to play in front of a ton of people who might discover their music, is that they're currently so awesome they're sure it's not worth it to keep going...

Countless amounts of bands have broken up for this reason. Don't be a buffoon.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobies View Post
    Countless amounts of bands have broken up for this reason. Don't be a buffoon.
    breaking up because you're so sure you're at your most awesome (a couple years in) is a lame reason. I don't care how many bands have articulated the same bullshit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    breaking up because you're so sure you're at your most awesome (a couple years in) is a lame reason. I don't care how many bands have articulated the same bullshit.
    I really think you're reading into this the wrong way. There's nothing wrong with wanting to go out at a time you feel the most personally accomplished with your work.
    Last edited by nobies; 07-02-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That right there? The single most hipster thing I've seen. Do you write for Pitchfork?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    They have apparently never listened to their own music.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm going to assume richardp's post is sarcastic because no real human being would say that and mean it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    really though... they're about as punk as a family bubble bath.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That was seriously the worst post I've ever read on ETS.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Naw dude, not fucktards. Death Grips was never a "Band" but rather an art instillation. Their ability to cancel shows, I feel, was genuinely PART of the music. It was PART of that band's image. They just didn't give a fuck.
    they can "not give a fuck" all they want, but when genuine fans start losing hard earned money and time over trying to supporting whatever they fuck you want to call them thats fucked up.

And yes, they are fucktards through and through. because of them ticketmaster has collected over $40 in ticket fees from me with no concert or refund to make up for it. you waste my money = I now think you're a fucking retard.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Pander? Are you fucking serious? It's not that they didn't appeal to me. Sure, they're not good but lots of bands don't appeal to me. It's the unprofessional history this band has. It's the trying too hard. And honestly, their fans to an extent too, all come across as annoying.
    Wow! They don't give a fuck! That's soooooo rad AND different!

That's exactly how I define "hipster"--no passion; just empty gestures and posturing. That and a ridiculous fashion show.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    But they truly don't give a fuck, right? Which is it?

I see you cut out the "pandering" bullshit. Smart move.
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-03-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    But have you *listened* to those "albums"? :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "we are now at our best and so Death Grips is over." Yeah, that's not completely fucking pretentious. The 15 year old me thinks quitting at your height and canceling the tour is really cool and interesting. The 30 year old me who's been weaned on Ticketmaster and Platinum chart toppers thinks this is some gimmicky, unprofessional hipster bullshit.

No, actually, 15 year old me is pissed too. I love these guys but FUCK these guys.

Canceling shows is part of the music - LOL the fuck? Is this real life? Heroin addicted living on the edge of suicide Trent manned up and did two years of touring. Cobain thought he reached his height too...AND SHOT HIS HEAD OFF. That's how a man quits, dummy. Reach down, find your nutsack, and do the thing. Or kill yourself. Don't write letters on paper towels and post on Facebook you lame shits.
    Last edited by KingDeathMachine; 07-02-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    "Hipster" is just a stick to beat people with. Its a meaningless word.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Alright, substitute with "disingenuous, vapid, self-absorbed, ironic navel-gazing dumbfuckery" instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Denying the existence of hipsters is the surest sign that you are one. It's a thing, dude. Admit it, own it, embrace it, and take your beatings proper.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    That was seriously the worst post I've ever read on ETS.
    You obviously don't read any of RhettButler's posts.

I can't say that I'm not surprised. I'm pretty bummed, mostly because I was looking forward to seeing them the most on the NINSG tour, and they were going to be at Fun Fun Fun Fest in November. Oh and looking at Twitter, Trent's just as pissed off.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    RIP. It was one hell of a ride.
    Yeah, it was kind of like It's a Small World.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah, it was kind of like It's a Small World.
    Dude your posts in here are gold. Solid. Fucking gold. Yeah they really didn't care.... 'Fuuuuck man, we're so punk. We're writing our break up note on some shitty napkin. That proves we don't give two fucks about anythno no man....make sure you can see the whole thing in the picture. Well....well, fuck, turn your iPhone sideways. Try that.'

Fuck this garbage and LOL to all the suckers that bought in to it.