Page 169 of 215 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,070 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have TDS and WT on dualdisc/5.1,does anyone know why Trent stopped doing 5.1 mixes after those albums?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by use you up View Post
    I have TDS and WT on dualdisc/5.1,does anyone know why Trent stopped doing 5.1 mixes after those albums?
    The Social Network OST had a 5.1 mix, and one was intitially planned for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo OST, but it sounds like the higher ups at Sony put the kibosh on that. That said, he hasn't done one since (I'm not counting the possibly never completed mix they did for The Fragile), and I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with a lack of demand, the move towards digital formats, and the resurgence of vinyl.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    thanks. i googled them, really just wanted to know if any members here were at those shows and what the crowd was like, how it made sense. if it did.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    The Social Network OST had a 5.1 mix, and one was intitially planned for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo OST, but it sounds like the higher ups at Sony put the kibosh on that. That said, he hasn't done one since (I'm not counting the possibly never completed mix they did for The Fragile), and I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with a lack of demand, the move towards digital formats, and the resurgence of vinyl.
    I don't buy lack of demand, don't forget how much the TSN BD-A goes for now

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I don't buy lack of demand, don't forget how much the TSN BD-A goes for now
    i think that's more about the rarity of that item itself. the lack of demand is related to how few people actually have proper 5.1 systems and care about listening to music in such a format. in terms of niche audio, vinyl is definitely the front-runner these days.

i'm still pissed off that the Ghosts blu-ray was in stereo and not 5.1, personally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone still have the pics from the old "So I bought Trent Reznor's old computer" thread?

I ain't gonna dox nobody I just wanna see what plugins he was bangin in 1999.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wasn't there still a way to still access the file links from the seven1963.org site? Is that still possible?

A few MM and NIN files I wanted to grab again. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_crisp View Post
    Wasn't there still a way to still access the file links from the seven1963.org site? Is that still possible?
    https://web.archive.org/web/20160329...63.org/NIN.htm

You can browse there, and then when you click the download links, just copy/paste the mediafire URL's manually. The files should still be accessible on mediafire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks so much.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Any chance we could get the 3rd EP in December?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Any chance we could get the 3rd EP in December?
    There's a chance. The original plan was EP3 by the end of the year, but Trent's mentioned that it might get pushed back to early next year depending on if he and Atticus take some side projects, how things go, etc. Last time he talked about it, I believe, he said EP3 is just words on paper. I'd personally prefer he take the time needed rather than speed through to get it out by Dec 31st, but it's all up to what he feels is right.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So my co-worker and I were talking today about bands we liked and I brought up how I like NIN. My co-worker then asked me if I knew why 'nine inch nails' was chosen as the name and I didn't know the answer. He brought up the "its the length of the nails used to nail jesus to the cross" thing and I told him that was just a rumor, but then I didn't have a real explanation of why that name was picked for the band. Has TR ever come out and given a background as to why he picked NIN? Was it just because it sounded cool and the logo looked good?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    So my co-worker and I were talking today about bands we liked and I brought up how I like NIN. My co-worker then asked me if I knew why 'nine inch nails' was chosen as the name and I didn't know the answer. He brought up the "its the length of the nails used to nail jesus to the cross" thing and I told him that was just a rumor, but then I didn't have a real explanation of why that name was picked for the band. Has TR ever come out and given a background as to why he picked NIN? Was it just because it sounded cool and the logo looked good?
    There was interview from the 90s where he said the name was chosen because it was repetitive and looked nice when abbreviated. He was pretty self deprecating about the name, insinuating he thought it was actually dumb lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It passed a two-weeks test or something like that. But that just explains how did the name stuck. As for the actual phrase, I think the Jesus theory sounds legit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This question is for the audiophiles of the group.
    I'm interested in upgrading my sound system. I will start with a nice set of headphones, amp and DAC. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to test most products before I buy so I'm forced to purchased based on online reviews. I know, not ideal. Being that I listen to NIN by far more than anything, I want some cans that match that style of music. I am curious if any of you have recommendations? I've been considering the Sennheiser HD650 or the HD800, Woo Audio WA2 or WA22 headphone amp, and a Resonessence Concero HD DAC. Thanks.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It passed a two-weeks test or something like that. But that just explains how did the name stuck. As for the actual phrase, I think the Jesus theory sounds legit.
    Except that the nails used for crucifictions weren't 9 inches long

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Has TR ever come out and given a background as to why he picked NIN? Was it just because it sounded cool and the logo looked good?
    "nine inch nails just popped into my head one day..."

http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...le.php?id=6183

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    This question is for the audiophiles of the group.
    I'm interested in upgrading my sound system. I will start with a nice set of headphones, amp and DAC. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to test most products before I buy so I'm forced to purchased based on online reviews. I know, not ideal. Being that I listen to NIN by far more than anything, I want some cans that match that style of music. I am curious if any of you have recommendations? I've been considering the Sennheiser HD650 or the HD800, Woo Audio WA2 or WA22 headphone amp, and a Resonessence Concero HD DAC. Thanks.
    More like Reznor-essence amirite?? I kid, I kid. Those will do nicely; however, you should be aware that the Woo headphone amps will color the sound somewhat, because they use tube-based amplification... which you should be really, really sure you like the sound of, before you spend the dough adding them to your chain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was cleaning out my old room at my parents house and I was surprised to discover I still had that old “Fisted” box set. It had the CD singles in there along with the shirt but no buttons. I discovered that the shirt is basically disintegrating and has all these holes from the fabric coming apart. Are there any collectors out there who have noticed something similar? I wasn’t hoping to wear a shirt that says “FIST FUCK” on it but I was curious if this is just what happens to shirts that sit in a box for 20 years.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    I was cleaning out my old room at my parents house and I was surprised to discover I still had that old “Fisted” box set. It had the CD singles in there along with the shirt but no buttons. I discovered that the shirt is basically disintegrating and has all these holes from the fabric coming apart. Are there any collectors out there who have noticed something similar? I wasn’t hoping to wear a shirt that says “FIST FUCK” on it but I was curious if this is just what happens to shirts that sit in a box for 20 years.
    i'll check mine later and get back to you

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Have there ever been any interviews, or quips from people that were either in the Wish video, or the people sitting/standing around in the Gave Up video in the Tate house?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Have there ever been any interviews, or quips from people that were either in the Wish video, or the people sitting/standing around in the Gave Up video in the Tate house?
    there's a guy in the NIN Collecting And Trading group on facebook who has one of the shirts from the wish video because he was an extra in it. let me see if i can find his post...

David Arscott
    1992 piece. Hand painted/ stensilled by Trent.
    This tunic was worn by the 50 extras who made up the violent rioting crowd in the Wish video.
    Directed by Peter Christopherson of Throbbing Gristle/ Coil. A Seriously collectable item

Yes one of the 'extras' hanging onto the cage just above the drummer.

I was picked out for my appearance whilst at a Soho industrial club called Hardclub 90, by director Peter Christopherson (Throbbing Gristle/ Coil), to attend a shoot for a NIN video. Gave me a phone number, I rang it the next day and joined the agency to take part in the shoot.
    Acton, North West London 1992.

50 of us (NOT all) were given one of these tunics to wear. Trent and Richard were daubing us with soot powder and grease to make us look more Ferrell! (that's what the stains are)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who loved the idea of the physical components, but couldn't resist to buy also the CDs now that are avaliable? (I feel a bit bad for buying two times tha same albums, but I don't know I just needed it).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Am I the only one who loved the idea of the physical components, but couldn't resist to buy also the CDs now that are avaliable? (I feel a bit bad for buying two times tha same albums, but I don't know I just needed it).
    you think twice is bad? i own two vinyl copies of NTAE (one with the blue inner sleeve, one with the red - one of those covers is also signed), one copy of the CD, one physical component...and i'm small potatoes compared to some collectors on this board. why are NIN fans so obsessive?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    you think twice is bad? i own two vinyl copies of NTAE (one with the blue inner sleeve, one with the red - one of those covers is also signed), one copy of the CD, one physical component...and i'm small potatoes compared to some collectors on this board. why are NIN fans so obsessive?
    You have definitely made me feel better.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    You have definitely made me feel better.
    and apparently (according to someone on FB) there IS a blue CD booklet, which is going to drive a lot of us insane.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I did too, I'll do the same for the third EP as I feel i need to purchase something in case any surprise shows are announced in the UK next year

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Hey all, random question... Someone on Twitter messaged me if I had any high-res photos of Trent and David Bowie on a couch. I assume for an interview. Anyone able to help me out in this regard? Thanks!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Hey all, random question... Someone on Twitter messaged me if I had any high-res photos of Trent and David Bowie on a couch. I assume for an interview. Anyone able to help me out in this regard? Thanks!
    Cant find the full source but perhaps this is the picture they’re looking for, someone has a pretty nice shot from the that Trent/Bowie Kurt Loder interview. https://goo.gl/images/Eefa6K

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Cant find the full source but perhaps this is the picture they’re looking for, someone has a pretty nice shot from the that Trent/Bowie Kurt Loder interview. https://goo.gl/images/Eefa6K
    Nice! Hope this will do!