Thread: Alien: Covenant

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    This could be argued

Looking forward to it. Hopes high. It will be interesting to see Kenny Powers in a legit Alien movie.

"I can fly this spaceship faster than fuck"
    Scott's resume isn't perfect but when start looking at some of the movies he directed like Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, American Gangster, Prometheus & The Martian, it's not too shabby.
    But yeah, he directed GI Jane and a few other duds.

Time will tell.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Scott's resume isn't perfect but when start looking at some of the movies he directed like Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, American Gangster, Prometheus & The Martian, it's not too shabby.
    But yeah, he directed GI Jane and a few other duds.

Time will tell.
    You're right. He has nothing left to prove after Alien and Blade Runner. All other movie's Ive seen of his prove that he's a perfectly serviceable director. I think I'm in the minority but I even really enjoyed The Counselor. I guess Prometheus left a bad taste in my mouth, which might be more Lindelof's fault.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    You're right. He has nothing left to prove after Alien and Blade Runner. All other movie's Ive seen of his prove that he's a perfectly serviceable director. I think I'm in the minority but I even really enjoyed The Counselor. I guess Prometheus left a bad taste in my mouth, which might be more Lindelof's fault.
    Damon Lindelof has said that most of his job on Prometheus was to take dictation from Ridley on the changes he wanted to make to Jon Spaihts' original script (which was a direct Alien prequel). I actually wonder if the reason Ridley's films have been so patchy in recent years (haven't seen The Counselor so can't comment) is because he's been taking a crack at the storyline. He didn't have a hand in it for Blade Runner as far as I know, and certainly didn't for Alien.