Page 85 of 129 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 3844

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So is Ratchet and Clank worth playing? Which one is the best?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yakuza 6. Full game, two months early apparently. They posted the full game instead of a demo. Thought it was odd when it wasn't ending haha.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    So is Ratchet and Clank worth playing? Which one is the best?
    the original ratchet & clank, as well as the two titles for PS3, are both fantastic. there's a few other decent ones in the middle there (plus a dud or two), but the first and the last couple are all great.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Anyone with a PS + membership needs to have a stab at Bloodborne, there's no reason not too!

I'll be having another play-through and lend my hunter, Finger Bangs, for jolly co-operation on some of those harder boss fights throughout March.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    staying at my friends' place and dog-sitting for 10 days, and they left me their gaming computer.

played all the way through Limbo today and it was gorgeous. i only wish it was longer.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    played all the way through Limbo today and it was gorgeous. i only wish it was longer.
    Yeah, one of the greatest games ever. It's a classic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe slightly late to the party, but I picked up a copy of Skyrim for xb360 yesterday. Haven't started yet but I have a feeling this could be up there with the best 6 euros I've ever spent.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Anyone with a PS + membership needs to have a stab at Bloodborne, there's no reason not too!

I'll be having another play-through and lend my hunter, Finger Bangs, for jolly co-operation on some of those harder boss fights throughout March.
    My buddy told me to pick it up for PS4 said it would be a good chill fun time. He's an asshole. I honestly didn't get too far as that shit is hard af. It is a pretty cool game though. I've been playing way too much Guild Wars 2 pvp lately. I had to take some time off after i got a bit drunk and heated on teh forums calling out elitist bullshit and earned myself a day ban. I figure i'd gone too far down the salt mine so i stepped away. I am currently waiting on PUGBG to dl and I'll probably give that a go for a minute as it's been a few years since i've done any FPS gaming. Also, Im back on my Steam account.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    Maybe slightly late to the party, but I picked up a copy of Skyrim for xb360 yesterday. Haven't started yet but I have a feeling this could be up there with the best 6 euros I've ever spent.
    Say goodbye to all your free time

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Just been doing my first Nightmare-difficulty run of Alien Isolation, which remains one of the best new games I've played in the last decade.

Thought I'd also take the opportunity to polish up my Isolation navigation guide, written some non-spoilery background info about every location, in a format that looks vaguely game-appropriate. If anyone's interested, or needs help finding their way around in that game, it's here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=402866213

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Picked up the remastered version of Burnout Paradise recently, it's so much fun! I was obsessed with it on PS3 years ago, so it's been a bit of nostalgic experience getting back into it now! I love how the PS4 version includes all of the DLC and Big Surf Island, there's so many opportunities to do crazy stunts on that map! Hopefully after this remaster, EA considers bringing Burnout 3/Revenge and the SSX games to PS4...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Just been doing my first Nightmare-difficulty run of Alien Isolation, which remains one of the best new games I've played in the last decade.

Thought I'd also take the opportunity to polish up my Isolation navigation guide, written some non-spoilery background info about every location, in a format that looks vaguely game-appropriate. If anyone's interested, or needs help finding their way around in that game, it's here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=402866213
    That reminds me that I still haven't had the courage to play this one. I'm even scared just thinking about playing it. oO

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Far Cry 5. It's a lot more fun then I thought it would be. I'm actually starting to get really sucked into it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Far Cry 5. It's a lot more fun then I thought it would be. I'm actually starting to get really sucked into it.
    apparently you heal your dog by giving it belly rubs? unless the internet lied to me. if it's true, that's ADORABLE.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I picked up a few games in the sale over the weekend, Burnout Paradise (which while fun, gets a bit tiresome after awhile) Battlefield 1 (which took freaking days to download everything needed to do multiplayer) and Minecraft (which is always fun, just need to find the right map)

...kinda wish i'd waited for Far Cry 5 though

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Completed Fallout: New Vegas with the "best" ending (NCR) and Good Karma. Now I'm playing as a villain (siding with the Yes Man) and it feels like a post-apocalyptic GTA. Still hesitant to play Fallout 4, though. I'm sure most of its bugs have been fixed by now, but, still, I've heard too many bad things about it (for example, that it strays too far from the well-established lore). Tempted to play Wasteland 2 instead.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    apparently you heal your dog by giving it belly rubs? unless the internet lied to me. if it's true, that's ADORABLE.
    Heh to get him all you have to do is pet him. Cheeseburger (The Grizzly Bear) is my favorite fang for hire though. I don't use Peaches that much though, cause she's an asshole.

Anyone that happens to pick this up needs to check out the Arcade, you can play maps people create or create your own. It's really fun. I've already completed all the main objectives in this game. Now I'm just waiting for the DLC.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just played through and beat axiom verge for the second time. it was just as awesome and entertaining as the first time (although i didn't find a single secret world entrance this time around, which was pretty disappointing).

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    just played through and beat axiom verge for the second time. it was just as awesome and entertaining as the first time (although i didn't find a single secret world entrance this time around, which was pretty disappointing).
    I still gotta dive into that, trying to figure out if I wanna do it on console or portable.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I still gotta dive into that, trying to figure out if I wanna do it on console or portable.
    i would recommend doing it on a console. the music is one of the best parts of the game and you're gonna wanna crank it. also, there are some...subtle things that you'd have a really hard time finding if you don't play it on a tv.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    My video gaming has fallen off the wayside lately. Been all about painting little warhammers.. mostly to get away from screens etc.. buuuut I did finish Night in the Woods the other night.

That was really nice, at times a bit too slow, and a little rushed at the end, but it hits on a lot of topics and characters that are just great. Weirdly, and I don't mean this in a bad way, it reminds me a bit of Garden State. Only good, because less Zach Braff. But aye. It's a 2d walking simulator/visual novel, so don't expect too many hardcorre gaming challenges, but there is a bit of exploration and poking about and lovely interactions. So yeah. I'm behind on games, but thats a good un.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    My video gaming has fallen off the wayside lately. Been all about painting little warhammers.. mostly to get away from screens etc.. buuuut I did finish Night in the Woods the other night.

That was really nice, at times a bit too slow, and a little rushed at the end, but it hits on a lot of topics and characters that are just great. Weirdly, and I don't mean this in a bad way, it reminds me a bit of Garden State. Only good, because less Zach Braff. But aye. It's a 2d walking simulator/visual novel, so don't expect too many hardcorre gaming challenges, but there is a bit of exploration and poking about and lovely interactions. So yeah. I'm behind on games, but thats a good un.
    i don't know how far into it i am but i just picked it back up last night after a month or so away from it. it's so...relaxing. and just nice to look at / listen to. the only super challenging parts are playing bass, but at least they don't punish you (other than your ears) when you mess up! haha

i also recently played this game called "midnight" which is basically like a combination between a platformer and mini-golf? i don't know how else to describe it. my only issue with it is every time you restart a level, the music abruptly jumps, which is extremely irritating. otherwise it's really fun.

but then yesterday i found a game called "alteric" that looks so similar to it visually (you're a glowing white cube in a shadowy landscape filled with buzz-saws, lasers, and various other obstacles), but is more of a straight up puzzle platformer. i spent probably an hour trying to beat a single level last night and still couldn't do it because it's so challenging. $5 game on the switch store right now and definitely worth it if you're into physics-based puzzles and downtempo electronic music (although there's only a handful of tracks that play in a loop, i didn't find myself getting irritated by them).

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe , I missed this earlier, but I'm pretty sure you can just buy Symphony of the Night as a PS1 classic on your PS3 from the digital store. I know you used to be able to anyway, since I have it on my Vita.
    @r_z , the Ratchet and Clank games for PS3 are great... skip the DL-only one though, Quest for Booty, and don't bother really with the multiplayer one. I thought Crack in Time was fantastic... screw the naysaying critics there, that game was awesome.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    somehow i've never played a castlevania game (despite being a huge metroid fan). guessing i should get on that?
    Symphony of the Night is probably my favorite game of all time. The NES and SNES games aren't laid out like Metroid; that started with SoTN.

And there are also 3 spiritual sequels to SoTN on GBA: these are Aria of Sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance and Circle of the Moon.

Circle of the Moon is GOOD, but AoS and HoD are on par with SoTN.

i'm with @Jinsai . You need to play SoTN as soon as possible. it's just, it's one of those things that will make you happier about humanity and the world, knowing that such a game exists.
    also, from what i've seen of you and your tastes, you will fucking ADORE the art style and he soundtrack. And the gameplay is kind of like Super Metroid (hence the term Metroidvania,) but with leveling and RPG elements.
    If you can't get hold of a copy or a digital version, i will let you borrow mine, but you HAVE to give it back!
    That's how bad i want you to play it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-26-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    didn't I sell you my copy? hehe

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hey! I played another modern game! Well a demo anyway, Detroit Become Human no colon.
    Now, Quantic Dream games are A Mixed Bag. but they have a certain wonky charm. I never thought Telltale games were that revolutionary as frankly, QD kinda laid out everything they do, down to the weird bits where narrative and gameplay rub up against each other like two things that shouldn't meet. The Big Themes, Earnest Acting, Trying Something New Within AAA Games, they are all at least worth a cursory play through, and Detroit is utterly beautiful, and there is gameplay in there, I really liked the demo scene of putting together the situation before a stand off. It's a bit more like Heavy Rain's Jayden sections. So yeah, I'll give it a go. Even Beyond Colon Two Souls had some great parts, even if it was a jumbled mess.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    @eversonpoe , I missed this earlier, but I'm pretty sure you can just buy Symphony of the Night as a PS1 classic on your PS3 from the digital store. I know you used to be able to anyway, since I have it on my Vita.
    @r_z , the Ratchet and Clank games for PS3 are great... skip the DL-only one though, Quest for Booty, and don't bother really with the multiplayer one. I thought Crack in Time was fantastic... screw the naysaying critics there, that game was awesome.
    i ended up getting it from the PS store on my PS3! i played a little and realized i had NO IDEA what i was doing. it didn't feel as intuitive as metroid always has to me (the combat is a bit tricky, i died a LOT, kept not saving because i had no idea that the save rooms were save rooms until i accidentally hit "up" in one of them) so i haven't touched it for a while. now that i finished axiom verge (again) i'll give it another shot.

i love the R&C PS3 games so much. perfect sense of humor and great storytelling (i literally cry at the climax of each game), the gameplay is so much fun, and the music is wonderful.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm playing through Tools of Destruction right now. A fun ride. Think I'll download Quest for Booty from the store for the sake of story completion. Already bought A Crack in Time. Thanks for the recommendation!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    SotN soundtrack is God-tier. So is Super Metroid for that matter...

Dark Souls/Bloodborne's soundtracks are also God-tier.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Speaking of Bloodborne, I'm thinking of replaying it again. I've only been through the DLC once (main game maybe twice).

SOOO GOOD.