Page 42 of 241 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

I'm skipping the new tracks when I listen to the current boots: not because I don't want to spoil the album, but because they aren't grabbing me as much as the newly arranged old stuff.(In particular terrible lie which I can't get out of my head). As much as its refreshing to hear a new sanctified, I honestly prefer the original. I'm still when I'm going to first hear this new album and how that will impact my impression of it. I might be on honeymoon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by broevol View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned in the last 41 pages or so. Do you think the new re-work of Sanctified is one of the "remixes" as mentioned in the track listing for the deluxe version of HM?
    Unlikely, but I've been thinking about something. How neat would an EP featuring a handful of rearranged/re-recorded, primarily non-singles PHM tracks be? As in, like: Sanctified, Kinda I Want To, That's What I Get, Only Time, Ringfinger. All 2013'd. But I guess fuck you, Steve.

Also, fuck me, I'll be getting my HesMa on the 30th already. Been kinda out of the loop lately (bar watching every bit of live material possible), so is this the set Euro release date? Only three weeks and two days. Friday, skip school with my girl, take the bus downtown, storm the record store, take the clerk by his throat and scream WHERE IS IT.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Had a dream last night that Everything was the next single off of HM. I think that means I'm excited or need to get the hell off these boards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Like it was said (as I can relate)--once the album is out (formally or leaked), the rotation and intensive listening that will go down will probably be immense, for everybody who's a fan... How you were exposed to it, in pieces so far in my case--all that will eventually wash aside, pretty much.

Again, though, nothing is like a pure first listen. I couldn't deny that.
    This makes me think of Depeche Mode's Sounds of the Universe. I adored that album and before its complete leak, some of the tracks had leaked, but in demo form. So in the end, on my first listen through, even the songs I had already heard were different. Let me add that when I heard the album opener "In Chains" I got chills on my first listen, it hit a string for me, and I was excited from then on and I still adore that album.

I think some artists should concider this...I mean leaking demos and then surprising everyone with which direction you took the songs in with the final album versions. I thought it was great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First listens for me don't really count because the novelty of something new and shiny and different (especially after a lengthy gap) can prevent me from objectively forming an opinion about it. There are albums and songs that I absolutely HATED upon first listen, but after letting it soak in for a bit and listening to it
    a few more times I changed my mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Oslin View Post
    Had a dream last night that Everything was the next single off of HM. I think that means I'm excited or need to get the hell off these boards.
    Prop a combination of both.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is it just me or these new songs that have been played live do not sound that minimalistic? are these just the live versions or does it it sound like this on the record?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by broevol View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned in the last 41 pages or so. Do you think the new re-work of Sanctified is one of the "remixes" as mentioned in the track listing for the deluxe version of HM?
    Just checked on iTunes, it looks like you have your answer:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Just checked on iTunes, it looks like you have your answer:
    Oh shit! OPN! Can't wait to hear that remix...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really interested in hearing black noise, as well as the rest of the album, obviously. But hearing that title makes me think of the end of hurt, and since HM is inspired lyrically and thematically by TDS... You know, I should just stop before I'm embarrassed by this post a month from now.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    TODD RUNDGREN?

Gen p-orridge?

fuck me.

Also, I think that art at the top of the page is new as well.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I want this thang. I wonder if I can pay for it with a Chinese bank account, as I'm currently living in China.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    As soon as I saw the Todd Rundgren remix, I could tell it was a fake.

Then I went to iTunes myself to see if the real listing was up.....

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    So, after mulling over the pre-release for quite a few days, and seeing todays NIN hotline update about the track listing for the remix album I decided now was as good as time as ever to pre-order the album... until I went to the nin.com store and they were asking for $12.99 to ship a CD by standard postage... really?? $13 to ship a CD to Canada? That seems steep. I can ship a CD to the USA for $5...

I emptied my shopping card after that... I wonder, will the deluxe CD readily be available in store on Tuesday Sept 3rd, or is it a NIN.com exclusive??

Part of me thinks I should be ordering the CD directly through nin.com to support the band directly, and not buy it from a massive retail CD chain, but for that gauging on shipping, it's almost worth it to just hold off til release date to buy a physical copy in the store.

EDIT: I just answered my own question... HMV will have the Deluxe CD for purchase on September 3rd for $25 canadian. So it's cheaper for me to buy it locally.
    http://www.hmv.ca/Products/Detail/712891.aspx
    Now the question is, how many copies will my local store actually get... hmm...
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-08-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    So, after mulling over the pre-release for quite a few days, and seeing todays NIN hotline update about the track listing for the remix album I decided now was as good as time as ever to pre-order the album... until I went to the nin.com store and they were asking for $12.99 to ship a CD by standard postage... really?? $13 to ship a CD to Canada? That seems steep. I can ship a CD to the USA for $5...

I emptied my shopping card after that... I wonder, will the deluxe CD readily be available in store on Tuesday Sept 3rd, or is it a NIN.com exclusive??

Part of me thinks I should be ordering the CD directly through nin.com to support the band directly, and not buy it from a massive retail CD chain, but for that gauging on shipping, it's almost worth it to just hold off til release date to buy a physical copy in the store.

EDIT: I just answered my own question... HMV will have the Deluxe CD for purchase on September 3rd for $25 canadian. So it's cheaper for me to buy it locally.
    http://www.hmv.ca/Products/Detail/712891.aspx
    Now the question is, how many copies will my local store actually get... hmm...
    I'm not worried about buying locally as much as getting the best deal and I got the deluxe edition through Amazon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    Is it just me or these new songs that have been played live do not sound that minimalistic? are these just the live versions or does it it sound like this on the record?
    Yeah, I wonder what he means by minimalistic, because to me, what we've heard so far sure isn't. I don't mind though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a feeling that minimalism really translates to "shut the fuck up. This isn't going to be broken, TDS, or fragile. It's been over a decade, so stop expecting that. Also stop commenting on the band's Facebook updates that I should go shoot heroin and make harder music."

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So official remix names and times -

15. "Find My Way (Oneohtrix Point Never Remix)" 4:47
    16. "All Time Low (Todd Rundgren Remix)" 5:49
    17. "While I'm Still Here (Breyer P-Orridge 'Howler' Remix)" 7:03

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

P-orridge mix could be interesting. He just needs some carter-tutti mixes to complete the set now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    anybody else feels the photobook is the main attraction factor for "deluxe version", rather than remixes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    order both versions, should i go for the vinyl?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm too stunned and stoked to know what to say... P-Orridge?

Brilliant! This means that the Award for Weirdest NIN Remix will from now on go to Genesis. Sorry Dreijer!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    I'm too stunned and stoked to know what to say... P-Orridge?

Brilliant! This means that the Award for Weirdest NIN Remix will from now on go to Genesis. Sorry Dreijer!
    and: there will even be a tambourine in the mix \o/

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    anybody else feels the photobook is the main attraction factor for "deluxe version", rather than remixes?
    Well I'm a fan of Russel Mills since The Downward Spiral, so in my case yeah, I wasn't in it for the interview and haven't cared much for remixes since Things Falling Apart.
    So yeah, you bet that Mills art-filled booklet's ass is mine. MINE !

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Hear hear. apart from some miscellaneous tracks (whoo Butch Vig Last), and most of FDTS, NIN remixes generally don't blow me away. Russel Mills adds a ton of atmosphere and sets the mood just right for the releases he's been involved with; the book is far and away the reason I'm going for the DE. Really stoked that he's involved again. Loving the layout similarities between the HM deluxe version and the original TDS artwork, btw.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I really wish we got to hear some samples or something right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I really wish we got to hear some samples or something right now.
    What if that private gig will see the album being premiered, you know, like a live stream on itunes, or they'll play the entire new album...maybe that's why it wasn't announced before...or maybe I'm seeing too much into this...but it would have some logic...yeah? no?

Please, let us hear that new album, I'm beginning to lose my sanity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    with trent re-adopting the whole TDS aesthetic with the artwork/feel for the new album, i was kinda half-hoping that one of the bonus remixes would be a j.g. thirwell remix. but having p-orridge do one really isn't too far off! todd rundgren is definitely a very left field choice as well. i never thought i'd hear a todd rundgren remix of a nine inch nails track in my life! just makes me wonder that if trent is planning a remix album of 'hesitation marks', what other surprise remix artists he may have in store for that??

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'd love to see a full remix album. The time around TDS/FDTS is generally very memorable and defining for NIN. The aesthetic was really nailed (heh) and the style of music was somehow very cohesive, no matter if you were dealing with an original Nine Inch Nails song, an Aphex Twin original or a B-side. Everything seemed to fit into a larger whole and tell one story, and Russell Mills' art direction was definitely partly responsible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm kind of regretting preordering through nin.com. Deluxe edition is ten bucks less on Amazon

Hopefully the band gets a lot of the difference.
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 08-08-2013 at 10:31 AM.