Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vietnam War (2017)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    When I got the e-mail update from Amazon back on Aug. 7, I went right to the website and saw it listed for $13.99, but with no vinyl format pre-order.
    Nothing was even announced on Aug 7...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    It hasn't always described the soundtrack though.

When I got the e-mail update from Amazon back on Aug. 7, I went right to the website and saw it listed for $13.99, but with no vinyl format pre-order. I checked the listing at the time: it was 17 tracks credited to Trent and Atticus and over 90 minutes of music. I never would have bought a soundtrack that had 70s songs on it, and made sure it wasn't that version before pre-ordering. It wasn't until WorzelG pointed out a yesterday that it was the 70s soundtrack listed with the incorrect cover art that I noticed it had been changed from what it was originally listed at.

Now the listing has been changed again to show the correct cover art. But it doesn't really matter to me, because an Amazon customer service rep e-mailed me this morning assuring me that the pre-order I placed was for the Trent and Atticus score, and that I'll still be getting it for $13.99. Works for me.
    fuck. i should have not cancelled my order yesterday after i read your & worzel g's posts. fuck.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Nothing was even announced on Aug 7...
    Yes it was. I received an e-mail, from Amazon, stating that the soundtrack score was available for pre-order. Why would I make this up? Believe whatever you want though, I don't give af. As long as I'm getting it at the pre-order price I paid..

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Yes it was. I received an e-mail, from Amazon, stating that the soundtrack score was available for pre-order. Why would I make this up? Believe whatever you want though, I don't give af. As long as I'm getting it at the pre-order price I paid..
    Defensive much? I was implying that maybe you had made a mistake, not that you were lying.

As seen in this thread though, the announcement about the configuration and details of the soundtrack and score was not announced until Aug. 18. Neither you nor anyone else posted about the Amazon listing that apparently went live on Aug. 7 when you got your e-mail. It sounds like they may have initially put in details for the score, but changed the listing to the soundtrack, once the full details were released.

So, if you look at your Amazon orders, and the item in your order links to the Soundtrack page, then congratulations, you'll be getting a copy of the soundtrack. Of course, if it originally said the score when you ordered and and it says soundtrack now, then, of course, Amazon will accommodate your complaint, but you will still have to deal with that return shit.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Can you please give the rest of us the score's product number so we can seek it out elsewhere? If you confirmed with Amazon, then they should know what it is since they told you you're getting a product not currently listed on their site. Somehow they would have had to check it against the product code in the soundtrack listing.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/Vietnam-War-B...war+soundtrack

It's been available for much less on Amazon US for awhile now. I pre-ordered mine weeks ago when it was still only $13.99, lol
    What was the point of this? Someone asked specifically for the Banquet Records links, which I supplied. It wasn't a price war, etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Will this be offered through the NIN official store?

Will there be a 24/48 download offered?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Hoping this is up on store.nin.com soon. Want to buy the vinyl, but I also want a digital download. . . My budget is tight so I don't want to double-dip.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Excited for this to start this Sunday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey,

I'm kind of surprised this isn't gaining much attention, especially when you consider the quality of previous soundtracks by Trent and Atticus. It's supposed to be out tomorrow, but nobody talks about it, it's not a hot topic around here and it hasn't even leaked (to my knowledge)... I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow for the official release, yet I would have loved to hear some complete tracks before.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaphex View Post
    Hey,

I'm kind of surprised this isn't gaining much attention, especially when you consider the quality of previous soundtracks by Trent and Atticus. It's supposed to be out tomorrow, but nobody talks about it, it's not a hot topic around here and it hasn't even leaked (to my knowledge)... I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow for the official release, yet I would have loved to hear some complete tracks before.
    we have been talking about it, a lot, if you look at the last bunch of posts on this thread. mostly we've been talking about how to actually GET it. kind of hard to discuss the music when no one has it in hand and it hasn't been released digitally, yet.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Hey,

part of it might be the fact that all the other scores were for international films. How do we watch this PBS thing outside of the US?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Interesting that TR and crew are giving away 50 signed 3xLPs today at Reckless Records in Chicago...I guess there won't be a pre-order for the vinyl and they will just *poof* be in stores tomorrow...

Sorry @eversonpoe I hate that you didn't get one.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    assuming you guys already preordered the OST, it seems that there's a 320 version out there if you really can't wait. Use google

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is this only Vinyl? Amazon.ca has the score for $84 but don't see a cd anywhere

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    Is this only Vinyl? Amazon.ca has the score for $84 but don't see a cd anywhere
    There is a CD...

https://shop.pbs.org/the-vietnam-war...yABEgL8H_D_BwE

http://www.importcds.com/the-vietnam...k/600753783030

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    They had The Vietnam War CDs at Reckless today.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    PBS won't let me preorder it. Anyone know of Canadian sites that will have it?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Weird. Google play, not available in the US.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm only seeing the vinyl to order from places in Europe, which is strange being that it's a PBS (aka American) documentary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if the vinyl comes with a download card?

7digital are selling 24/48 download

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    LP is now on sale at store.nin.com. 24/48 FLAC & WAV download options available.

Time to use that 20% discount code and be done with sandbag (or start a whole new shitstorm, which is much more probable).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Giving this a go on Spotify (i had no idea it was out now, will buy when i'm home)

...how do they keep making these amazing scores!? This isn't human! It's so haunting and beautiful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    we have been talking about it, a lot, if you look at the last bunch of posts on this thread. mostly we've been talking about how to actually GET it. kind of hard to discuss the music when no one has it in hand and it hasn't been released digitally, yet.
    Well, now it is available, I don't see much people talking about it around here. I'm sure, if it was an "official" NIN release, there would already be 50 pages in this topic :-) Anyway, I'll listen to it and give my humble opinion. But I'm sure it's a great soundtrack, I haven't been disappointed by any TR/AR score thus far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well, now it is available, I don't see much people talking about it around here. I'm sure, if it was an "official" NIN release, there would already be 50 pages in this topic :-) Anyway, I'll listen to it and give my humble opinion. But I'm sure it's a great soundtrack, I haven't been disappointed by any TR/AR score thus far.
    it is really good, rather atmospheric, piano heavy so far in my insignificant opinion
    Last edited by baudolino; 09-15-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    One question and one comment:

1) Psyched this is released on Spotify! But the runtime is roughly 1.5 hours. Is the 'official' release 3 houra of music or did they just *provide that amount for the series?

2) TR+AR are mentioned briefly when discussing the score and soundtrack during the middle of this podcast: https://www.samharris.org/podcast/it...impossible-war

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I don't know about anyone else, but some of these tracks i'm getting a "Quake" feel from, especially Strangers in Lockstep.

Makes me want to hear TR+ AR have a go at doing a game Score, or a Si-Fi film maybe.

...that and i really do like this Score!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For anyone that uses Groove, it's available now, yay!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Seems bizarre that you can get this on Spotify but not Apple Music? (I'm still waiting for my cd to be delivered but I'd like to hear it before then)