Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Are the screens normal at the Joint or does this mean they're using it as a stage set up for this tour?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    1 PHM song is unacceptable.....Hopefully it will be like 09 and just be a revolving door of songs with no set order....

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    im gonna be blunt, outside of im afraid of americans and i do not want this that setlist f'ing sucked
    I'm gonna be blunt: you're wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastheardfrom View Post
    Dammit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So is this actually the Cold and Black and Infinite tour yet? None of the merch in the picture from last night says that on it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    So is this actually the Cold and Black and Infinite tour yet? None of the merch in the picture from last night says that on it.
    I don't believe so. I think it officially starts in the fall.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I don't think so. NIN.com says the tour starts Sept 13 in Phx.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I don't think so. NIN.com says the tour starts Sept 13 in Phx.
    They have almost a month off after Japan, then the AZ shows begin the CaBaI tour in NA. Definitely gives them time to change up the stage setup and re-evaluate set lists.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Last night's setlist was fucking amazing! Unlike some stating to the contrary, I hope we get similar "deep cut" setlists when the tour resumes this fall.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Nope. I just thought it would be funny if people started singing it that way since he mumbles the line after saying it in Branches/Bones.

The 2013 thread was called the Tension Tugfest and it was easier back then because there was one overarching tour instead of, like, three. Figured this would be a catch-all.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Nope. I just thought it would be funny if people started singing it that way since he mumbles the line after saying it in Branches/Bones.

The 2013 thread was called the Tension Tugfest and it was easier back then because there was one overarching tour instead of, like, three. Figured this would be a catch-all.
    It wasn't a comment on the thread title as much as me musing about how much these shows will be an indication of what we can expect in the fall.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    1 PHM song is unacceptable.....Hopefully it will be like 09 and just be a revolving door of songs with no set order....
    And exactly one from The Fragile, and a bit of a snoozer in Even Deeper. They played it during Tension.

There were some cool somgs played (Metal, IDNWT) but a bit heavy on the YZ/TS/HM. Not a fan of any of the Bowie related stuff either.

I wasnt there though, so hope the people that were legit liked it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I'm gonna be blunt: you're wrong.
    Yeah i have a year zero and lits tour hardon. Wednesday was easily my top 5 shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    GBDTD

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    People have complained for years that sets have vecome predictable so last night should make a lot of people happy, that was a totally unexpected crazy night. It felt like they’re taking advantage of having minimal visuals and letting the sets be whatever the fuck they want to play and it’s amazing. Giving a lot of the staples a break is always wonderful because it makes them feel special again when they come back; even just having the pacing of the set messed with makes them more exciting because there’s no feeling of being cued to leave. This band is really on another level and the intensity of last year hasn’t been lost in the downtime at all.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Are the screens normal at the Joint or does this mean they're using it as a stage set up for this tour?
    The screens are normal for The Joint (similar to what festivals & some amphitheaters use for the people far away from the stage).

im gonna be blunt, outside of im afraid of americans and i do not want this that setlist f'ing sucked

I'm guessing you weren't in attendance last night.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 06-14-2018 at 02:32 PM. Reason: double-post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    Wait so metal was the first song???
    There was a Pinion / Eater Of Dreams Intro before Metal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Those are part of the Joint set up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Right. I don't know what to call this tour? Is it still Wake up? Is Cold and Black& Infinite in the fall or is this part of that ... help!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Right. I don't know what to call this tour? Is it still Wake up? Is Cold and Black& Infinite in the fall or is this part of that ... help!!!!!!!!!!!
    Going strictly by the listed dates for the "Cold and Black and Infinite" tour, that leg doesn't start until the September 13th date in Phoenix, AZ, when JAMC joins as the opener/co-headliner. So, I don't know that there was an official name for the dates prior to the September dates. The metallic litho I saw someone post just listed the venue and date, as well, with no official tour title. Maybe these might be considered warm-up dates, like the handful they did back in 2005?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    And exactly one from The Fragile, and a bit of a snoozer in Even Deeper. They played it during Tension.

There were some cool somgs played (Metal, IDNWT) but a bit heavy on the YZ/TS/HM. Not a fan of any of the Bowie related stuff either.

I wasnt there though, so hope the people that were legit liked it.
    i despise when bands open with covers, so ridiculous. tool comes to mind, they play 10 song sets and open with a 12 min cover of no quarter.

way too heavy on YZ, came back haunted and only need to fucking disappear....im starting to worry that we're approaching a time when only the last few albums will get heavy play and PHM-TF will be an afterthought.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    ....im starting to worry that we're approaching a time when only the last few albums will get heavy play and PHM-TF will be an afterthought.
    It's been one frickin show.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    i despise when bands open with covers, so ridiculous. tool comes to mind, they play 10 song sets and open with a 12 min cover of no quarter.

way too heavy on YZ, came back haunted and only need to fucking disappear....im starting to worry that we're approaching a time when only the last few albums will get heavy play and PHM-TF will be an afterthought.
    I would love a set where they played YZ front to back. All time favorite record. I don't understand the complaining and moaning when they have only played one show.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm not worried about that in the least. I've seen those songs live. Give me something new

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The COLD AND BLACK AND INFINITE thingy tour thing starts September 13. So these shows are definitely not part of that. This definitely looks like a continuation of I CANT SEEM TO WAKE UP 2017.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    We’ll go to the ultimate source, NIN tour history. Which has it listed as “Las Vegas Shows”!

Time will tell but most likely this whole year the shows are gonna be similar, with revolving set lists.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Performance 2007 - 11th Anniversary Spectacular

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The only problem with the setlist for me is the time
    we need more Nine inch nails
    30 songs each night!!!!

Is the only way to make everybody happy
    10 classical songs (THTF, Hurt, Head Like a Hole)
    10 fan favorites (the big come down, even deeper, la mer, burn)
    10 (deeeeeeep cuts...Last, Heresy, Underneath it all, We're in this together and new songs)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    The only problem with the setlist for me is the time
    we need more Nine inch nails
    30 songs each night!!!!

Is the only way to make everybody happy
    10 classical songs (THTF, Hurt, Head Like a Hole)
    10 fan favorites (the big come down, even deeper, la mer, burn)
    10 (deeeeeeep cuts...Last, Heresy, Underneath it all, We're in this together and new songs)

I would love to see Last, Heresy, Ruiner live. I think the deepest cut I’ve heard was Eraser a while back when QOTSA opened for them.

Trent, if you are reading this, pencil in Last for October 27th please! Or Ruiner, or Heresy! Fuck it, do all 3!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    OMG they played Me, I'm Not! That's the one song that I have always wanted to hear live. I so hope they play it Saturday.

Actually show started with Pinion / Eater Of Dreams