Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.02 - Chicago, Illinois @ Lollapalooza

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

2013.08.02 - Chicago, Illinois @ Lollapalooza

http://www.lollapalooza.com

Official line up announced monday.

Single day tickets go on sale Wednesday, April 3rd.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    I'm in! Chicago road trip! Got my 4 tickets! Where is the ETS party @?

EDIT: So it's confirmed, Friday August 2nd.

"Nine Inch Nails and The Killers will headline Friday, August 2nd, appearing alongside Queens of the Stone Age, New Order, Band of Horses, Hot Chip, Crystal Castles, Disclosure, Father John Misty, Ghost B.C., Jessie Ware, Smith Westerns, Icona Pop, and Chance the Rapper."

I'm sure there is a campground somewhere within a 50 mile radius, have not yet looked into it. My first trip to Lolla, is there a campground in specific I should look into for some good parties?
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 04-03-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm going, assuming I can get tickets. Do the single day tickets usually sell out fast?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Are we sure they're playing Lolla? Jumping from Asia, the NA, then to Eastern Europe doesn't make much sense. I'm thinking they go straight to Eastern Europe and the States don't see NIN before fall.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, lolla will be officially confirming their lineup tomorrow (April 1st) and they were originally planning on doing it on the 9th, but since that magazine advertisement photo hit the 'net last week, they decided to up the official lineup confirmation to Monday. So, the ad seems legit at this point, and NIN are on the bill.

Plus $$$$$$ will make someone jump from continent to continent regardless of how much of a pain in the ass it is for them. I think they will be doing more than 1 show on North American soil though during that 2 week period, doesn't make sense if they were coming back to North America JUST for lolla... There will be another show thrown in there before they head back overseas, guarenteed.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-01-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Also it will probably be a no frills stage show, if not the exact same lighting rig used for Wave Goodbye, making it even easier to hop across continents.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Do they usually annonce on which day each band plays on the line up announcement? I just reserved a hotel room and will only be attending the day NIN performs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Plus $$$$$$ will make someone jump from continent to continent regardless of how much of a pain in the ass it is for them. I think they will be doing more than 1 show on North American soil though during that 2 week period, doesn't make sense if they were coming back to North America JUST for lolla... There will be another show thrown in there before they head back overseas, guarenteed.
    Maybe, unless they got a deal to be a Lollapalooza exclusive.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    NIN confirmed for Friday August 2nd.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lame. Chicago got screwed out of a LITS show because they played Lolla, we better not get the same shaft this time around.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sadly, I don't think we'll be getting a LITS show this time either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well what the shit then?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Just attend this show when it comes and then travel to a close city for the fall arena show, what's the problem?

That's what happened here in Vancouver in 2008. We got the show at the Pemberton festival to open the lights in the sky tour, and that was a scaled down LITS that was about 2-3 hours outside Vancouver at a town called Pemberton. Then when he did the secondary market in fall 2008 he skipped us over again doing Kelowna BC and then Victoria BC. I travelled about 6 hours to hit the Victoria show.

Hell, providing I get tickets tomorrow, i'll be going to this show. I think NIN is worth travelling for. I mean, i'd much rather go to Outside Lands festival over Lolla, but since OSL are procrastinating with releasing their lineup for another 2 weeks, I can't exactly play the waiting game. So I gotta take whatever North American show I can get.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    Lame. Chicago got screwed out of a LITS show because they played Lolla, we better not get the same shaft this time around.
    What are you talking about? The Lolla 08 performance was the full LITS stage show. How is that not a Chicago LITS date?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    What richardp said. I was at Lolla '08 and it was the full stage setup for LITS. It was a LITS sky show and was listed as a tour stop.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The above poster complaining about not getting a full show is probably talking about the fact they didn't get as many songs as the rest of the shows did. The stop in Lollapalooza got 25 songs according to setlist.fm. Where as the night before in Winnipeg, and the night after in Toronto both got 29 songs.

Still, 25 songs for a festival isn't bad considering there is a noise curfew. i was poking around on the 'net yesterday trying to figure out when the music needs to be over at Lollapalooza, and it's 10pm. Also found out that NIN hit the stage at 8:22pm their headlining night. so an hour and 40 min set isn't that bad. Yes, they were doing 2 hr sets at all the other stops which gave them an extra 4 songs. But all in all, they didn't get half a show, the bulk of it was there.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The only songs that the Lolla show didn't get were Head Down, The Wretched (which already was a "maybe you get it/maybe you don't" track) and The Good Soldier.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    and the 4th missing song was God Given.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Perfect! I'm gonna hopefully find a way to Chicago for this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Correct, less songs (of which 3 or the 4 missing tracks were new ones not played in this market before) + outdoor venue hurting the intended visual presentation= not a proper LITS show. Maybe it's just me but I'm not into paying $100+ to go stand in the middle of Grant Park, or any park, in 100+ degree heat, fighting thousands of people for a good place to stand for 12 hours to see one band I like.

And sorry, I don't disposable income to travel state to state, country to country, or continent to continent following them. They're definitely worth it, and if I didn't have responsibilities that prevented me from doing such things I definitely would.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If tickets are had, I'll be there.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The lollapalooza website seems to have crashed literally the second tickets were supposed to hit... Yeah, this is going to be fun.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    The lollapalooza website seems to have crashed literally the second tickets were supposed to hit... Yeah, this is going to be fun.
    I just got through now to the stand by page- try again. And yes, this is fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I got though to the stand by page, been there about 6 minutes.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Yes! I have a ticket for Friday! Waited about 8 min I think. Now to figure out where to stay.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Got them. I'm in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They haven't said anything about it being sold out yet, but when I got through to the order page & tried to add 1 ticket to my cart, it said it couldn't find that many tickets.

Edit: Kept trying to add 1 ticket to my cart & it finally worked! Was able to complete my purchase & printed out my reciept.
    Last edited by skullboy0; 04-03-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    They haven't said anything about it being sold out yet, but when I got through to the order page & tried to add 1 ticket to my cart, it said it couldn't find that many tickets.
    Same here, what a damn joke this is.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    It's officially sold out. I hope the scalpers have to suck dick to unload their tickets.