Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trilogy's End (speculation)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The 'two things' in 2017 were two unexpected nin.com store fulfilment switches =) . In all seriousness, that must have taken a huge dent out of his creative time. I'd say 3rd EP in March 2018. With Teeth, The Slip, year Zero DEs this Christmas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I cant find the original "2 things in 2017" quote though so I don't know how definitive it was.
    You can listen to the entire Zane Lowe interview here. http://www.nme.com/news/music/nine-i...r-2017-1921903

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Oh it was an audio quote that's why. I listened to that at the time. I don't really have the time to dig through it again so I'll wait and see what happens

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My bet is on Mid-January, but Trent could pull a The Slip on us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Being that both NTAE and AV have now been released on CD, I wonder if the 3rd EP will be released on CD immediately. (That's a rap)
    But with an appropriate marketing campaign this time.
    Last edited by Jordan; 11-19-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "First World Problems" lol. Waiting for 2022 when NONE OF THIS REALLY MATTERS ANYMORE
    ....NOT ANYMORE
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 11-20-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    My bet is on Mid-January, but Trent could pull a The Slip on us.
    Speaking of the slip... I still got hope there will be "the grip" somewhere down the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so this cute little bird on twitter said a few weeks back:
    https://twitter.com/ninlive/status/929183629393006592

i'm not sure if this is inside info or just teasing with the speculations.

did get my eye, though

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicoler View Post
    so this cute little bird on twitter said a few weeks back:
    https://twitter.com/ninlive/status/929183629393006592

i'm not sure if this is inside info or just teasing with the speculations.

did get my eye, though
    I was wondering if there was some inside information when I saw that too, but I think it's just teasing

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Dunno why but i just think if we get anything it'll be next year now. I could very well be wrong, i'm just a bit of a pessimist.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Well, ever since this image of the Amazon CD pre-order surfaced, I've been expecting something on 12/5.

Funny thing is, I thought this was going to be the CD cover, but it isn't, so that means this image was created specifically for the pre-order link.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So when Black Omniscience is coming?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    So when Black Omniscience is coming?
    Come again? Are we guessing on the name again only this time without any clues?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Dunno why but i just think if we get anything it'll be next year now. I could very well be wrong, i'm just a bit of a pessimist.
    Trent mentioned that they wanted to transition into a full album after the 3rd EP. So I wouldn't be surprised if he slips in the 3rd EP before the year is out. Then focus on the album for next year.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Trent mentioned that they wanted to transition into a full album after the 3rd EP. So I wouldn't be surprised if he slips in the 3rd EP before the year is out. Then focus on the album for next year.
    Can you tell me where he said this please as I do remember him saying this but I can't remember where?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guess what, the album will be the 3 EP compilation
    Crosses (†††) did it...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
    Guess what, the album will be the 3 EP compilation
    Crosses (†††) did it...
    yeah and it completely ruined the flow of the songs. if you listen to the three EPs separately, they flow perfectly. when you listen to the album, it feels totally disjointed. i really, really hope that if TR&AR decide to go that route, they re-work some things instead of just slapping the tracks together into a big playlist.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Oh, they will, and there will be multiple formats to buy too!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah and it completely ruined the flow of the songs. if you listen to the three EPs separately, they flow perfectly. when you listen to the album, it feels totally disjointed. i really, really hope that if TR&AR decide to go that route, they re-work some things instead of just slapping the tracks together into a big playlist.
    I really can't see them doing that. I'm thinking new EP to close out the trilogy and then a new album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Can you tell me where he said this please as I do remember him saying this but I can't remember where?
    http://loudwire.com/nine-inch-nails-...ve-full-album/

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wouldn't compiling the EPs contradict the whole "make them as separate from one another as humanly possible"? I mean, i would understand if they design some sort of empty box to house the already released records, but to see an LP stuffed with EP contents...no thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hope the 3rd EP is released in its entirety with little to no warning, like NTAE was. Listening to NTAE for the first time start to finish was really cool. I felt that having heard almost half of AV when it was released subtracted from the initial experience.

As far as a full album release with all 3 EP's containing slightly different versions of the songs, I have mixed feelings. I originally thought that NTAE didn't receive a CD release because AV wouldn't either and the 3rd EP would be released on CD as a full album with the other two, an idea I thought was cool. But since the first two have later been released on CD (a strange and inadequate way to release product that seemed nothing but disorganized IMO), I no longer see a need for a full album release.
    That said, I would happily welcome a full album of EP's if it had something different and unique to offer.
    Last edited by Jordan; 11-25-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Sounds from the interview that they may re-record the songs for the LP.

Please can we see a return of the creative and awesome remixes we had in the 90s? Except this time, everything by NIN rather than guests. Imagine a full album of stuff like The Art of Self Destruction, Part One. YES.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Everytime I see this thread's name I think 3rd EP is out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That's not it. There's an interview where he explicitly says he and Ross want to work on a full NIN album after the 3 EPs are out, completely independent of the EP trilogy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's not it. There's an interview where he explicitly says he and Ross want to work on a full NIN album after the 3 EPs are out, completely independent of the EP trilogy.
    I'm unfamiliar with that. I'd love to see it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Everytime I see this thread's name I think 3rd EP is out.
    When we know the official title I'll change it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Come again? Are we guessing on the name again only this time without any clues?
    Well... I am guessing. But I am going to lay some foundations...

The clue was that there was an interview many weeks behind that showed Depeche Mode's Black Celebration album, which would have been an inspiration by Nine Inch Nails, so Trent could be borrowing the Black title for a NIN record. The Omniscience part could come from his own hint over Twitter, where he stated Nescience (which is the contrary to Omniscience).

If I was in the NIN team I would suggest this as a name for the EP.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    The Omniscience part could come from his own hint over Twitter, where he stated Nescience (which is the contrary to Omniscience).
    Wasn't this tweet because of some perceived misspelling in the AV physical component? Something to do with the difference between 'nascent' and 'nescient'.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Wasn't this tweet because of some perceived misspelling in the AV physical component? Something to do with the difference between 'nascent' and 'nescient'.
    You got me there. I don't know. These ARG are too much to me, although they are fun.