Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017.07.19 - Bakersfield, CA @ Rabobank Arena

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure that the early access codes were randomly generated and sent off to people who have bought SOMETHING on the site. I got the code on an email address that I used to pre-order Deviations with but then didn't get a code on the email address I used to pre-order the new EP.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Anyone planning on recording the show?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    not me, my recording days are over.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    Did anyone who did not order the new EP get an early access code?

TOBACCO playing in a huge arena for $33? Great deal, thanks TR
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I haven't ordered anything yet for the new EP, and I got the e-mail with early access code. I don't think I've even created an account on the new store.
    I've looked over the email a dozen times now and still can't find where the access code is. When I clicked on the link for presale it didn't show it there either.

I know it's over now, but where is that code???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hell I am wondering why I never even got an E-mail of any kind. Place plenty of orders in the past just got the new EP Friday I got the other emails in the past? I looked everywhere and I can not find any E-mail.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The receipt for the tickets says Vinyl Pre order Presale

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    someone plz tape this plz

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    someone plz tape this plz
    Silently ponders under the heavy influence of the 'member berries...
    'Member The Spiral? Oh I 'member. 'Member Cabazon? Ooooooh yea I 'member! 'Member The Hole? Shit yea I 'Member that! Ey! Hey, 'member Ghostbusters? Ohh, I 'member. 'Member Slimer? Oh, I loved Slimer. 'Member? Ohh, I 'member. [they keep 'membering]
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-17-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Sooo... does anybody here live in Bakersfield and want to let me sleep on their floor for the night? I'll be sitting in line all day so I can hold a spot for you near the front. I could also probably throw you a few bucks, but I don't have much.

I thought I'd ask, otherwise I'll be sleeping in my car for the night. I'm shocked enough that I'm even going to this, but there's no way I can afford a legit hotel room on such short notice. Worth a shot!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Sooo... does anybody here live in Bakersfield and want to let me sleep on their floor for the night? I'll be sitting in line all day so I can hold a spot for you near the front. I could also probably throw you a few bucks, but I don't have much.

I thought I'd ask, otherwise I'll be sleeping in my car for the night. I'm shocked enough that I'm even going to this, but there's no way I can afford a legit hotel room on such short notice. Worth a shot!
    I'm guessing a couch 90 minutes south of Bakersfield isn't helpful?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post

I don't know exactly what your budget is but Priceline has hotels in Bakersfield for $33 (that's before fees and taxes I assume but it's worth a look)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I've looked over the email a dozen times now and still can't find where the access code is. When I clicked on the link for presale it didn't show it there either.

I know it's over now, but where is that code???
    Dunno why there were seemingly 2 versions of the e-mail sent out. Here's what that portion of it looked like, with the code:

http://imgur.com/IK8Men5

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was debating on a food offering of VOODOO Doughnuts but then realized that this show is a) not just a checkmark on a laundry list of tour dates and b) VOODOO Doughnuts has become more accessible given their newer Hollywood tour walk location (as i didn't know this location existed until i looked up store hours-apparently the portlandia bubble has broadened its borders)
    my eyes are open
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-17-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Dunno why there were seemingly 2 versions of the e-mail sent out. Here's what that portion of it looked like, with the code:

http://imgur.com/IK8Men5
    Yup, mine is just like that but without the code. Thanks for the screenshot.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    what time do y'all think they actually go on?

I have an event in LA that ends at 5pm and then I gotta head up to Bakersfield after =X

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    what time do y'all think they actually go on?

I have an event in LA that ends at 5pm and then I gotta head up to Bakersfield after =X
    With one opening band at 8 I'd say NIN goes on around 9 or 9:30.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone get their actual ticket emailed to them yet?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guy8707 View Post
    With one opening band at 8 I'd say NIN goes on around 9 or 9:30.
    oh damn I forgot they even had an opener - sounds like I'm safe.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guy8707 View Post
    Anyone get their actual ticket emailed to them yet?
    No... Better come by end of day today while I'm at work so I have access to a printer to print it off. I'm flying out tomorrow.
    I probably should have picked will call. Not sure why I didn't. At least with Will Call I would get a real ticket stub instead of a flimsy old piece of paper.

Better question, do they hand out the limited edition poster before or after the show? Do we have to take that bad boy into the pit to get all crumpled up?

95% of you seem to be coming from California... roll call for people traveling outside of CA. Where ya at?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    me RN thinking about Wednesday

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    OREGON aka OR, ORAYGUN, ORGAN, CELLAR DOOR
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-17-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Seattle. Leaving Tuesday night for an overnight drive to Bakersfield. I'm bringing a poster tube. I've done this a few times at Pearl Jam concerts and have never had an issue getting through security with an empty cardboard tube.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    If none of you fuckers go into the bathrooms looking for USB sticks...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    If none of you fuckers go into the bathrooms looking for USB sticks...
    I'm sure most of us fuckers are rushing the stage as soon as we're let in, but I for one will be happy to scour the place for clues after the show (until they kick us out).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I couldn't get a ticket to this show.. But I will be at Riot Fest and Aftershock with at least iPhone 7 plus if not a GoPro as well. I've been testing the waters on those threads to see if there'll be a community effort to record those shows (since none are streaming - and this will be a *NEW* performance - and possibly the only one of it's kind (depending on how it goes over for these 4(5) shows. Any footage from this show though, could go toward all encompassing mixed multicam. I did that for "All The Love In The World" and it seemed to work pretty well.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I'm sure most of us fuckers are rushing the stage as soon as we're let in, but I for one will be happy to scour the place for clues after the show (until they kick us out).
    Yeah, this fucker is gonna try and get rail.
    Waiting outside all day in 40+ degree weather doesn't sound like fun...
    Sorry, can't convert to F degrees for all you, lol. But you guys know how hot it is down there.

Problem with rushing the stage to get rail is, we miss our chance at getting merch in our size... damn first world problems guys!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Well obviously rail comes first, I'd be the same way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, this fucker is gonna try and get rail.
    Waiting outside all day in 40+ degree weather doesn't sound like fun...
    Sorry, can't convert to F degrees for all you, lol. But you guys know how hot it is down there.

Problem with rushing the stage to get rail is, we miss our chance at getting merch in our size... damn first world problems guys!
    What time do folks plan on queuing up? I haven't been in GA a NIN show since seeing them with David Bowie at the Tacoma Dome in 1995, so I'm a little out of the loop in terms of what the line will look like.

I would also suggest bringing along some disposable sun shades or umbrellas just in case the area to line up isn't shaded. Sitting outside in 101 degree (F) temps without any shade sounds terrible.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleywwu View Post
    What time do folks plan on queuing up? I haven't been in GA a NIN show since seeing them with David Bowie at the Tacoma Dome in 1995, so I'm a little out of the loop in terms of what the line will look like.

I would also suggest bringing along some disposable sun shades or umbrellas just in case the area to line up isn't shaded. Sitting outside in 101 degree (F) temps without any shade sounds terrible.
    In my experience, you get maybe 100 people who queue up many many hours before the doors open, a ton of people who get there within an hour or so of doors, and then another solid chunk that come on the later side.

I'm working a full day, so I won't get there until about 6:00, which I'm hoping is still early enough to be decently close to the stage.

I'm hearing rumors that only 2,200 tickets were sold. Can anyone confirm this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleywwu View Post

I thinking 2 or 3pm.