Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP - new album out 6/22/2018

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Sorry for assaulting you with quotes again, but I've grown way too fond of this track during the last couple of days, and it pains me to see it getting labeled as the worst NIN thing ever (or since Everything/Not So Pretty Now/take your pick) from people who haven't actually heard it.

About Trent's singing I'm going to stick to my previous point when it comes to expectations built up by this thread; it isn't half as out there as you imagine it, and as others are making it out to be. I've found some of the lines on I Do Not Want This, And All That Could Have Been, and even his swagger on Burning Bright way more surprising upon first listen - and it's not like my opinion carries any more weight than the ones you've been listening to, but... I don't know how to express this. Remember the NTAE component warning about "unrealised expectations or unexpected results upon opening"? What you're getting on your first listen is a NIN song. Nothing more, nothing less.

100% agreed. It's honestly the first Nine Inch Nails "single" that I've had on constant repeat in years.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    100% agreed. It's honestly the first Nine Inch Nails "single" that I've had on constant repeat in years.
    Same; I basically haven't stopped listening to it. I am gonna force myself to give it a rest so I don't overplay it, if I haven't already. It's unlike pretty much any NIN song and reminds me in spirit only of the more experimental tracks by NIN in the 90s.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Same; I basically haven't stopped listening to it. I am gonna force myself to give it a rest so I don't overplay it, if I haven't already. It's unlike pretty much any NIN song and reminds me in spirit only of the more experimental tracks by NIN in the 90s.
    I was pretty worried about it after hearing all the reactions on here, but finally got a chance to hear it, and I feel pretty relieved. I have to give it a listen or two more, but I liked it. Also, the 2 songs at the listening station today were pretty good as well. I didn't listen to complete songs because I felt like I was hogging it, but from what I heard, A++

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Immediately liked God Break Down the Door for its Bowie-esque elements. Curious about the rest of the new LP despite the questionable sounding track list

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I was pretty worried about it after hearing all the reactions on here, but finally got a chance to hear it, and I feel pretty relieved. I have to give it a listen or two more, but I liked it. Also, the 2 songs at the listening station today were pretty good as well. I didn't listen to complete songs because I felt like I was hogging it, but from what I heard, A++
    Were they 2 new songs, not including God Break Down the Door?
    Last edited by Miss.Selfdestruct; 05-19-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bad Witch LP - new album out 6/22/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
    Immediately liked God Break Down the Door for its Bowie-esque elements. Curious about the rest of the new LP despite the questionable sounding track list

Were they 2 new songs, not including God Break Down the Door?
    Yup! Ahead of Ourselves was one of them (and just kind of instantly awesome to me, we'll see how it plays at home), and the other was an instrumental. I've heard guesses that it's Play The Goddamned Part but I'm not sure what that's based on (unless they timed the song and it matched, or the box office staff knew somehow).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i only listened to 30 seconds of "ahead of ourselves" but it was insane and i decided to wait until the album comes out to hear any more of it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i only listened to 30 seconds of "ahead of ourselves" but it was insane and i decided to wait until the album comes out to hear any more of it.
    I listened to it twice and yes. Insane is the proper description. This is gonna be quite the album.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yup! Ahead of Ourselves was one of them (and just kind of instantly awesome to me, we'll see how it plays at home), and the other was an instrumental. I've heard guesses that it's Play The Goddamned Part but I'm not sure what that's based on (unless they timed the song and it matched, or the box office staff knew somehow).
    I Shazamed the second song and it was Play the Goddamned Part.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p_rez17 View Post
    I Shazamed the second song and it was Play the Goddamned Part.
    Oh wow, they let you hold the headphones up to your phone? I figured that'd get me kicked out of the lobby for assuming I was trying to bootleg it so I didn't try to Shazam, heh. Thanks!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oh wow, they let you hold the headphones up to your phone? I figured that'd get me kicked out of the lobby for assuming I was trying to bootleg it so I didn't try to Shazam, heh. Thanks!
    I made sure to be extra sly. I had to stick my phone between the noise canceling headphone and my ear because it kept picking up the DJ blasting music inside the Aragon.
    Last edited by p_rez17; 05-19-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ahead of ourselves is killer. I can't wait to blast it on a really good setup. Seems like a song that live Atticus would really shine on and be grooving to. I hope they play it in Vegas. The other song was really cool, loved the sax in it as well. Seems like the end of it leads into the next track on bad witch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Play The God Damned Part HOLY FUCK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm so sad that they took away the black box at my venue before my part of the line had gotten to it. :/ I mean, I'd only been waiting there seven hours by that point; it's not like I was that dedicated a fan...

These descriptions sound awesome though and I'm super excited to hear the rest of this album. Crossing my fingers I'll like it more than GBDTD!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was holding out, not sure for what, but I think I’m gonna preorder the vinyl, hoping they send download links to the 3 songs in the near future.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I was holding out, not sure for what, but I think I’m gonna preorder the vinyl, hoping they send download links to the 3 songs in the near future.
    I hope they don't. Having heard so much of it, it took some of the fun out of hearing AV for the first time. And I know I don't have the strength to not listen. One song is good and I got that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whats about this two tracks unreleased from the new album? where can i listen them?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Howtostealajetfighter View Post
    Whats about this two tracks unreleased from the new album? where can i listen them?
    There were listening stations setup at some of the venues today.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Howtostealajetfighter View Post
    yup. Ahead of Ourselves might be the heaviest NIN track since TDS.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    Heavier than "Letting You" and "Burning Bright"? Dayum.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    hoping we get leaks of the songs today

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    I CAN ASSURE YOU i own copes of the first two eps on CD. They are available at record stores (i saw them in different stores in L.A. and just saw some in Brooklyn, NY so as long as you go to a good record store or their online equivalent i'm sure you can order them.
    Thank you and a couple others for being decent. I honestly did not know the first two were available on CD because during the pre-sale you could only buy vinyl or downloads so I downloaded them and burned them to CD and went on my merrily way lol. Now that Bad Witch is on Amazon on CD I have pre-ordered it.
    Maybe NIN.com should be updated with a date so people who do not frequent it as often know what the hell is going on.

As far as my concert ticket complaints, I stand buy them and now reading all the complaints online I was right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this is gonna leak so soon.

not that i'm happy about that - but it will.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicoler View Post
    this is gonna leak so soon.

not that i'm happy about that - but it will.
    What makes you say that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    Please go on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    What makes you say that?
    most artists have their releases leaked, especially when they're announced much prior to the release. in 2018, i do believe anything announced a month prior to the release is already quite the window.

i mean, even with NTAE being announced days before its release it still leaked.

plus, god break down the door leaked, people are listening to the tracks and even shazaming them. means there are people with phones getting to the listening station. and the tracks are registered to apps. idk. seems like quite the opportunity. wouldn't be the first NIN release to leak.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Eh. Leaks tend to happen either the week prior or two weeks prior to the release timeframe. I'm sure it will happen, but we're still a little less than a month away.

Unless he gets Father John Misty'd and Apple Music accidentally puts it up for streaming way early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Eh. Leaks tend to happen either the week prior or two weeks prior to the release timeframe. I'm sure it will happen, but we're still a little less than a month away.

Unless he gets Father John Misty'd and Apple Music accidentally puts it up for streaming way early.
    wasn't that what happened to GBDTD in youtube tho

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicoler View Post
    wasn't that what happened to GBDTD in youtube tho
    I think so? If I recall correctly, wasn't that accidentally uploaded to YouTube as a public video as opposed to private? Even if so, that was still the day prior.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apple does tend to screw up and leak/release albums ahead of the band's release date (The Prodigy's The Day Is My Enemy was leaked about a week ahead and Knife Party's album a month ahead) and they release announcements early before the band (Orbital's upcoming Monsters Exist, Apple announced a couple of days before Orbital officially could).

Hopefully artists start holding Apple accountable.

I remember Liam Howlett of The Prodigy was pissed as fuck cuz the album was so close to its release, think it was 4 days away without a leak. It seems Apple made the full album stream available for sale for some reason. So wheb yoi bought it that night and downloaded it, the full album came as a single unsplit track. The morning after Apple leaked it, Loam and Keith were doing an interview and you could just tell they were pissed and a bit let down by their whole demeanor. Folks I know close to the band confirmed as well.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-20-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Heavier than "Letting You" and "Burning Bright"? Dayum.
    I wouldn't even say "heavier". It's just sharper and more brutal, like a constant assault. The chorus is already loud and it gets bigger. When it started to fade out, I realized I'd actually been holding my breath for a lot of it.

It's going to literally destroy the world if they play this live...