Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Seeing Doc Hayward/Warren Frost one last time was beautiful and for Mark that will definitely be a Father's day to remember!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I'll be watching Fire Walk With Me and so on once I get some dam time off from work. I have always wanted to watch Twin Peaks and am so freaking glad I finally did so. Robert Forster does a great job as well here for a fill-in pretty much for Harry. Seems to fit right in with the others, and his interactions with Doris are hilarious with his expressionless faces.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Jade give two rides.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm hearing coworkers talk about some PC programming stuff and I feel like I'm in Twin Peaks... "You gotta look into the Python... Why is this green? Because it's green." and so on, completely surreal without context. :-)

PS: I love the girl at the insurance company (the one who let him visit toilet), mega beautiful.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Wow, episode seven was my favorite one yet. So many things starting to come together; this was the episode where it definitely felt like the season was shifting gears as the mysteries start to unfold. It's also the point where I realized that even if the narrative doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now, Lynch knows exactly what he's doing and the payoff will be more than worth it by the time this season wraps.

Kyle McLachlan is absolutely killing it in this season, like his whole career post-1991 Twin Peaks was preparing him for this. I've never seen someone handle dual roles as masterfully as his work so far in this season. Cold, blank and menacing in one role, then lost, sad and adrift in the other. There's no way Lynch just came up with this shit on the fly when Showtime gave him the green light. This was manifesting for years in his head..

So many great scenes in this episode. Ben having the epiphany when he gets the room key back, Diane and Dark Cooper meeting face to face, Spoiler: the body of Garland Briggs turning up...its an entirely new version of Twin Peaks, and yet feels one and the same with the atmosphere of the original. Even the original characters, just kind of existing in the background so far, is comforting.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Dark Coop reminds me a lot of Stephen King's Randall Flagg, the way I imagined him a long time ago while reading The Stand

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    The sweeping aside, this episode was packed with plot advancement. Last week's left me feeling antsy, but this week was Spoiler:
    chock full of instances of Coop slowly coming back to himself, another glimpse of the brown lumberjack from the prison cell, Ben getting the key, and the awful, awful implication that Doppelcoop raped Diane, and very possibly Audrey as well - hence Richard Horne.

On a brighter note: Karate chop to the fucking throat FTW!!!! SQUEEZE HIS HAND OFF!!!!
    i definitely got the impression that Spoiler: he may have done that to diane, but not to audrey. audrey was in a coma from the explosion at the bank and that's all i gleaned from what doc hayward said.

diane is fucking perfect. there is no one else i would have wanted to play her.
    "fuck you, tammy." hahahahaha

my wife thinks that, Spoiler: since dougie-coop saw the arm when he was wrestling with his assassin, that the assassin is the arm's doppelganger which does make some sense.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Dark Coop reminds me a lot of Stephen King's Randall Flagg, the way I imagined him a long time ago while reading The Stand
    Funny, Randall Flagg always reminds me to BOB, i think they are very similar "demonic-characters".

Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Jade give two rides.
    I bet she did!!!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It might be something of a stretch. I guess folks are really desperate to figure out where the hell Spoiler: Richard comes from. In any case, he at the very least went to the intensive care unit to pick up the owl ring.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    It might be something of a stretch. I guess folks are really desperate to figure out where the hell Spoiler: Richard comes from. In any case, he at the very least went to the intensive care unit to pick up the owl ring.
    Last time we saw the ring it was on that nurse hands, right?
    Maybe he got hurt and stole the ring?, this is an interesting story on it's own..

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i definitely got the impression that Spoiler: he may have done that to diane, but not to audrey. audrey was in a coma from the explosion at the bank and that's all i gleaned from what doc hayward said.
    I think Dark Cooper did the same thing to Audrey that we're thinking he did to Diane. Doc Hayward said the last time he ever saw Cooper, he had checked himself out of the hospital on his own accord, was coming from Audrey's room, and had that strange look on his face. It's very possible he somehow Spoiler: demon-seeded her while she was comatose, especially given how unhinged Richard Horne is. When he finally crosses paths with Dark Cooper, we'll know for sure..

Also, did anyone else notice how uncharacteristically assertive Andy was when he was meeting with the guy about the truck, setting up a secret meeting with the guy later? And showing off a Rolex, which was more than obvious on his wrist? Is he not really as glib as we've been led to believe all along..?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Regarding Audrey: you sure don't have to be awake to get sexually assaulted. Also, BOB seems to be pretty big into sexual assault.
    And this would have been a perfect inversion of Cooper rescuing her in season 2 if i'm remembering correctly; she was knocked out when he found her, right?
    Furthermore, if Richard is in fact the son Evil Coop, this could explain why he's such a nasty, rapey type of guy himself. Perhaps he was born that way.

So i noticed that if the dude (i forgot his name) had made it to meet Andy, it would have been at 4:30. 430.
    Do you guys have any other thoughts on that?
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-20-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quick question; are we to assume that the character walking through the hallway in the morgue is the same dark entity we saw in the jail cell?

And by the way, what Lynch does with sound design is just ... incredible. The camera pans in to a doorway and a drone swells (the house of the guy who was supposed to meet Andy); it's enough to terrify. Likewise, the moment the character rounds the corner in the morgue corridor, Lynch's audio begins and a complete and utter feeling of dread just encompasses the viewer. The character is out of focus, but it matters not. It's just heavenly.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Quick question; are we to assume that the character walking through the hallway in the morgue is the same dark entity we saw in the jail cell?

And by the way, what Lynch does with sound design is just ... incredible. The camera pans in to a doorway and a drone swells (the house of the guy who was supposed to meet Andy); it's enough to terrify. Likewise, the moment the character rounds the corner in the morgue corridor, Lynch's audio begins and a complete and utter feeling of dread just encompasses the viewer. The character is out of focus, but it matters not. It's just heavenly.
    It's the same guy from the jail cell, yes, the burned lumberjack or whathaveyou, almost certainly the same guy from the FWWM missing Pieces "above the convenience store". Same hat. A lot of people have been guessing Log Lady's late hubby who died in a fire.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    It's the same guy from the jail cell, yes, the burned lumberjack or whathaveyou, almost certainly the same guy from the FWWM missing Pieces "above the convenience store". Same hat. A lot of people have been guessing Log Lady's late hubby who died in a fire.
    Thanks ever so much for the confirmation, @Shadaloo

I've heard some talk of Mulholland Drive technically occurring in the same "universe" as Twin Peaks (aside from the fact that it was originally to feature Audrey Horne as a lead). I wonder if Lost Highway will follow suit? Imagine a "universe" featuring Trent Reznor playing himself in the Roadhouse, who earlier in his career scored scenes featuring people who actually existed in said "universe". Now that's some Lynchian shit, and hurts my head a little in trying to understand.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Found this in another website:

"It is revealed that the Log Lady's husband was a lumberjack who died in a fire on their wedding night decades before the events of the series. (The Log Lady later says that her husband "met the devil".) Nothing is revealed of her husband beyond this, save for that at some point before he died, her husband returned from a trip to Glastonbury Grove (which served as an access point to the metaphysical realms of both the White and Black Lodges) with a jar of mysterious oil, which he claimed was for "opening a gateway"

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Aside from the fact that it's a completely different actor, I don't think the second one looks anything like a lumberjack. That hat and beard are different.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    If you can find a still image from last week's ep where he's walking down the morgue corridor, the hat shape looks way closer to the FWWM dude's. I think the jail cell angle's a bit odd. That aside, I think Lynch might have wanted to recast and redesign him to make him look spookier; that fake beard is hilarious.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Here:

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I know we don't usually do this in this section of the board but didn't know where else to put it. Selling my framed portrait of David Lynch by Jean-Christian Bourcart, circa 1997. It's pretty fucking awesome. First pic is of the actual photo. Second is the framed one. The broken glass is in the photo - glass from frame is intact. PM for more details.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Here:

I don't know. I guess I can see it, but he looks more like a homeless person to me. If anything he looks like the thing behind the dumpster from Mulholland Drive.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I don't know. I guess I can see it, but he looks more like a homeless person to me. If anything he looks like the thing behind the dumpster from Mulholland Drive.
    I agree with @Shadaloo that it might be the same guy from FWWM but he was "redesigned", after all BOB has a new "design" in Coop.
    But the comparison with the bum in "Mulholland Dr.", it's also interesting.

Either way he's not a "random guy" walking in morgues, he sure serves a purpose, they even showed him twice in that scene...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The homeless person in Mulholland Drive, the old woman in the trailer in FWWM, and now this creepy character...

Hmm...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hey @henryeatscereal do you have a source for that quote about the logger? I don't remember that from Secret History; their story was lovey dovey if anything. I mean I damn sure could have FORGOT part of it...

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Hey @henryeatscereal do you have a source for that quote about the logger? I don't remember that from Secret History; their story was lovey dovey if anything. I mean I damn sure could have FORGOT part of it...
    I took it from a Twin peaks fans message board (forgot the site); but the full info is in the book "Twin Peaks: the unofficial companion" by Robert B. Durham; in the link it's the fragment about the logger.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Aside from the fact that it's a completely different actor, I don't think the second one looks anything like a lumberjack. That hat and beard are different.
    Well he *had* died in a fire

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Well he *had* died in a fire
    But wasn't he already "dead", or something, when we saw him above the convenience store in FWWM?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    But wasn't he already "dead", or something, when we saw him above the convenience store in FWWM?
    no fucking telling
    But the log lady's man sounded like a really good dude (in The Secret History). It would shock me if he turns out to be some sort of lodge spirit

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So thelastdisciple turned me on to the fact that some people think there is a secret code hidden in the shot of that FBI plane in part seven.

Here is what they are thinking over at the "Welcome to Twin Peaks" website.
    Looking at the link above has me intrigued, and after watching the scene a couple more times, i decided that these people certainly might be onto something. They also tracked down the original stock footage, wherein the windows do NOT flicker.
    Whatever the hell is going on here, i think it's damn sure deliberate.

Here is the clip from the last episode, rendered in slow motion:
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-24-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Does a lossless source for this live show exist?