Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost BC

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I saw these guys on Friday night opening for Iron Maiden and they were WAY better than I expected them to be. I'd heard of them, seen their logo and photos of their evil pope lead singer Papa Emeritus dude, but never managed to hear their music. I downloaded their whole discography today and cannot get Square Hammer out of my head. GREAT show too, by the way — both Maiden and Ghost were fantastic.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Ghost BC

Edit:wrong thread

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Square Hammer & Year Zero are epic songs. Great band. They killed it when I saw them open for Maiden too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Saw Ghost last night in Mansfield, opening for Maiden, and they put on a good show. Good crowd responce too.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Saw Ghost last night in Mansfield, opening for Maiden, and they put on a good show. Good crowd responce too.

Yeah, I'll for sure catch them again the next time they come through. It was a great show for both the theatrics and the music. Really looking forward to their new album now too...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Were you a fan prior?

(Forgive my ignorance if you posted in here before)

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, I'll for sure catch them again the next time they come through. It was a great show for both the theatrics and the music. Really looking forward to their new album now too...
    Yeah, there's been talk of a fourth album for a bit now. I hope they get on it soon.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Were you a fan prior?

(Forgive my ignorance if you posted in here before)
    Not a massive fan, but I have definitely liked what I've heard. This year I've been on Anthrax, Soundgarden and Deep Purple binges, in addition to everything else. Just too much music to listen to!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New video for "He Is"

Not really sure where they decided to drop a new video for a song that's on an album that's not the main focus anymore since the Popestar EP is the most recent release.

It's goofy as fuck too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    On Spotify there’s a single for “He Is” that features a version of the song that’s a duet with Alison Mosshart of the Kills/Dead Weather. Can I just say… *swoon* ?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    New video for "He Is"

Not really sure where they decided to drop a new video for a song that's on an album that's not the main focus anymore since the Popestar EP is the most recent release.

It's goofy as fuck too.
    I've never been a fan of this song, and the video does nothing for me either. This band (if you even want to call it a band at this point) seems to have lost it's charm with all the recent ongoings. I just hope he continues to deliver on the music level. At the end of the day, I don't really care who plays the songs, but if the previous ghouls had a large part in making the music as great as it was, then I'm at least a bit worried for how new music might sound. But, I'll give it a shot. Just feel like whatever made this band great in the first place is gone now.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    New papa?

https://www.facebook.com/thebandghos...75143249171131

He speaks in latin, but according to the comments, he says "I am Papa emeritus Zero. The Party is over"

So we have an old sick papa as the new front to the band... OK... this will be interesting.
    Thought they were supposed to be getting younger.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 09-30-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I don’t think that papa will be fronting the band, maybe papa0 is the grand papa.

And he said,” I am papa emeritus 0, the party is over. Now the Middle Ages begins.”

Stoked, wonder how dark this next album is going to be like.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I guess that makes sense. He's probably the original papa. You won't go from papa III to papa 0, so papa IV is probably next and he probably hasn't been introduced yet.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm stoked regardless! Ready for a new album and era finally.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Makeup reminds me to Francis Ford Coppola's Darcula

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Ceremony and Devotion

Square Hammer
    From the Pinnacle to the Pit
    Con clavi con dio
    Per aspera ad inferi
    Body and blood
    Devil church
    Cirice
    Ghuleh / Zombie Queen
    Year Zero
    Spoksonat
    He is
    Absolution
    Ritual
    Monstrance Clock
    Double LP Live album news for vinyl release. No CD information yet!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    great cover!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've seen two shows with that setlist, so I don't really feel the need to get that release. haha

Hope the new album is still on course to be released early next year.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    great cover!
    Agreed, I love how the papa 3 monument is feeding off of the previous papas.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    https://bodega.lomavistarecordings.c...-edition-vinyl

Pre-ordering my copy now as much as I don’t want to.

$39.39

I got the download link immediately and am about to listen!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-08-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Agreed, I love how the papa 3 monument is feeding off of the previous papas.

I didn't realize that that's what's happening until you pointed it out. I'm loving this release and can't wait until these guys announce their new album and a 2018 tour!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Gave it a spin on my way to work this morning, live albums are kinda hit or miss. I usually like hearing live versions of my favourite songs, but this one fell flat for me. Not sure what it was, but it just wasn't doing it for me. I put my songs back on random (like I usually do) after, and 1 of the tracks came on randomly between other songs and I found it worked better hearing a standalone live track. Maybe hearing them all in a row just didn't work, I donno.

It worries me that half the magic and mystery of this band is gone now that it's just papa. I know this was recorded this year, 2017 and it's with new members, so maybe it doesn't pack quite the punch the old lineup had. That's the only thing I can think of as why this recording was disappointing to me.

I hope he can still crank out a badass record though. I'm still looking forward to hearing any new material from Ghost in 2018. I just hope I like it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Listening to Ceremony & Devotion right now and I can't wait until Ghost is back on the road next year. They put on a great show and I'm already looking forward to seeing them again.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Gave it a spin on my way to work this morning, live albums are kinda hit or miss. I usually like hearing live versions of my favourite songs, but this one fell flat for me. Not sure what it was, but it just wasn't doing it for me. I put my songs back on random (like I usually do) after, and 1 of the tracks came on randomly between other songs and I found it worked better hearing a standalone live track. Maybe hearing them all in a row just didn't work, I donno.

It worries me that half the magic and mystery of this band is gone now that it's just papa. I know this was recorded this year, 2017 and it's with new members, so maybe it doesn't pack quite the punch the old lineup had. That's the only thing I can think of as why this recording was disappointing to me.

I hope he can still crank out a badass record though. I'm still looking forward to hearing any new material from Ghost in 2018. I just hope I like it.
    If I am correct, I believe Forge and some other guy are the main writers and performers on the records. The actual band were always just live performers.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    If I am correct, I believe Forge and some other guy are the main writers and performers on the records. The actual band were always just live performers.
    I was under the impression that the "some other guy" you mentioned was one of the former band members and no longer part of the band. I hope you're right and "some other guy" is still writing the songs with Forge.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I was under the impression that the "some other guy" you mentioned was one of the former band members and no longer part of the band. I hope you're right and "some other guy" is still writing the songs with Forge.
    Pretty sure he means Simon Soderberg. He left Ghost last June.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, Simon was the main contributor to Ghost other than Tobias. I knew about both of them, never really knew how much input the rest of the band really had.
    As long as the quality of the material doesn't deteriorate than I don't really care who are behind the masks.

One things for sure, these guys don't know when to take a break. They seem like a very hard working band. They basically toured non-stop from the release of meliora until this passed summer/fall. and Now they're gearing up for a new release which I can only assume is going to result in more shows this summer/fall. I see Ghosts name already popping up on some festivals, so.... it's no wonder the previous touring musicians needed a break. I think that whole "firing of the ghouls" thing was a result in papa overworking them and them wanting to take a break to see their family's. Ghost is a hard working band, I'll give them that.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Ghost BC

Simon was the ghoul from magna carta cartel correct? Or am I thinking of a different ghoul?

http://www.metalinjection.net/shocki...blic-interview

This what i was talking about. Forge and another guy did the first record. Did simon work on infestassium?
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 12-09-2017 at 04:44 PM.