Page 402 of 527 FirstFirst ... 302 352 392 400 401 402 403 404 412 452 502 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,060 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Lies. We all know the true mastermind here is Josh Wink.

... and Richard Patrick's drone guitar.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I love that the NIN twitter tweeted that Better Alone playlist on valentine's day. Thanks Trent & Co. for rubbing it in.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I want her more than ever.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    A few days ago marked the 10th year anniversary of listening to NIN. I can still remember listening to “Right Where It Belongs” in my top bunk as goosebumps popped up all over my arms and tears fell upon my pillow.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    When the track titles came out for Hesitation Marks, I remember thinking Various Methods of Escape would be an instrumental and hoping that it wouldn't be, because as much as I love his instrumental work, we have been lucky enough to be spoiled with a lot of that from his and Atticus's film scores. So when I first heard the track I was pleasantly surprised, but as time as gone on, I have to say it is my least favorite track from Hesitation Marks and one of my least favorite Nine Inch Nails songs. It's not that it's bad, I don't mind the lyrics or the mid-song breakdown, but sonically it just feels so limp and predictable and devoid of a really engaging melody. Hesitation Marks is the most eclectic Nine Inch Nails release for me because it fluctuates between genuinely terrific tracks - Copy Of A, All Time Low, Running (which really hits the 'stripped down but hypnotizing' vibe Trent seemed to be shooting for in the album), In Two (!!!) - and ones that feel uncharacteristically perfunctory, but while I find that Everything, Satellite, and even Find My Way fit into the latter category, there is no question that the number one offender is Various Methods of Escape. It was also the worst possible choice from the album to play on Jimmy Kimmel, one that was basically guaranteed to leave no impression and not generate any kind of interest outside the fanbase. EDIT: Not entirely true, on second thought Everything probably would have been a worse choice.

I wish they had played Sunspots live during Tension, when the Lisa and Sharlotte were still in the lineup. Don't get me wrong, I would take a live version of this song with ANY format of the band, but if the chief factor in it not being performed is really concern over the wear on Trent's voice, this would have been the perfect time to bust it out and it would have sounded amazing. Hell, the only other live no-show from With Teeth at that time, All the Love in the World, made its premiere on that tour!

Demon Seed doesn't get nearly enough love. The last three tracks of The Slip are so palpably linked and really swell into a fantastic conclusion. Just how tight that album is for something made on such a compressed timeline will never stop impressing the hell out of me.

Me, I'm Not needs to get back on setlists for so many reasons but mostly because I've never seen it live.
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 02-15-2018 at 06:02 PM. Reason: See Above

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You reminded me that I don't understand why The Four of Us... and Demon Seed have never played live. Trent get on it!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    When the track titles came out for Hesitation Marks, I remember thinking Various Methods of Escape would be an instrumental and hoping that it wouldn't be, because as much as I love his instrumental work, we have been lucky enough to be spoiled with a lot of that from his and Atticus's film scores. So when I first heard the track I was pleasantly surprised, but as time as gone on, I have to say it is my least favorite track from Hesitation Marks and one of my least favorite Nine Inch Nails songs. It's not that it's bad, I don't mind the lyrics or the mid-song breakdown, but sonically it just feels so limp and predictable and devoid of a really engaging melody. Hesitation Marks is the most eclectic Nine Inch Nails release for me because it fluctuates between genuinely terrific tracks - Copy Of A, All Time Low, Running (which really hits the 'stripped down but hypnotizing' vibe Trent seemed to be shooting for in the album), In Two (!!!) - and ones that feel uncharacteristically perfunctory, but while I find that Everything, Satellite, and even Find My Way fit into the latter category, there is no question that the number one offender is Various Methods of Escape. It was also the worst possible choice from the album to play on Jimmy Kimmel, one that was basically guaranteed to leave no impression and not generate any kind of interest outside the fanbase. EDIT: Not entirely true, on second thought Everything probably would have been a worse choice.

I wish they had played Sunspots live during Tension, when the Lisa and Sharlotte were still in the lineup. Don't get me wrong, I would take a live version of this song with ANY format of the band, but if the chief factor in it not being performed is really concern over the wear on Trent's voice, this would have been the perfect time to bust it out and it would have sounded amazing. Hell, the only other live no-show from With Teeth at that time, All the Love in the World, made its premiere on that tour!

Demon Seed doesn't get nearly enough love. The last three tracks of The Slip are so palpably linked and really swell into a fantastic conclusion. Just how tight that album is for something made on such a compressed timeline will never stop impressing the hell out of me.

Me, I'm Not needs to get back on setlists for so many reasons but mostly because I've never seen it live.

Various Methods Of Escape is one of many highlights on Hesitation Marks, I love hoq quiet and minal verses are vs how loud and detailed choruses get.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    Got a picture of the hat you can share? I've been asking for one for months but nobody cares about hats, just vinyl these days. I'm trying not to spend money either so I want to see a picture first...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Am wondering why heroin use by Trent Reznor is suggested? The interviews I have seen: Trent says he had an alcohol problem.
    The Guardian - The Nine Lives of Trent Reznor

ninwiki - 2000/07/01 London, UK

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    The first from the Guardian is supposedly written in 2013 but has a photo from 2017, and no "last updated" date.
    *cough* that "2017" photo published in 2012 *cough*

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    The second link you posted seems to be apologising for their drummer. The first from the Guardian is supposedly written in 2013 but has a photo from 2017, and no "last updated" date. The Guardian is also full of BS, there are NO RECORDS of Trent Reznor ever taking drugs, let alone overdosing.

I think this is one of the interviews where it is discussed:

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to respond and point me to where the gossip is coming from. I know the real reason for Trent's time off, although it isn't until 2002 (after NIN's acooustic gig), that Trent takes a year and a half off work.

If you would like more info, you can message me.
    Your passive-aggressiveness borders on obscene. I'm sorry you don't like the fact that Trent Reznor may have used heroin in his life. It's been "gossip" for years.

The intention of your question is clear from your response. If you had bothered to read the ninwiki link, it talks about Trent and drug overdose (oh no). So does that evil fake Guardian link. All just gossip, I know.

And that picture you say is from 2017 was taken in his Los Angeles home studio.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    This is supposed to be a NIN Fan Forum where people are NICE TO EACH OTHER.
    Me thinks you haven't been here long.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

I thought Reznor himself said his addiction was cocaine, not heroin. I’m not sure when and where he said it tho.

ETA: I think it gets reported as heroin because he has so many songs that mention needles.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Obviously you did not read the second half of my post.

Trent has chin length-shoulder length hair until November 2016 (where he cuts it short and dyes it bleach blond for a film role), so obviously the photo from 2013 is FAKE.

Not sure why you are being antagonistic instead of friendly? This is supposed to be a NIN Fan Forum where people are NICE TO EACH OTHER.
    Reznor’s hair has been predominantly short since 2007. I haven’t seen a single photo of him with chin length hair since the with teeth era.

Right now is the longest it’s been in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post

Thanks! Looks like a decent embroidery job! Could you post one more showing the whole hat from the front, its hard to tell how big the logo is on the hat. There was a hat like this released in the 90's that had the perfect sized logo on it, I'm sad I never found it to purchase anywhere, I'm hoping this hat's logo is about the same size.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I got that hat for Christmas and I love it. I've wanted some bandwear for a while, but they don't sell shirts that would fit my rather rotund size.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    This is supposed to be a NIN Fan Forum where people are NICE TO EACH OTHER.
    It really is. People here have always been generally pretty cool.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Trent has chin length-shoulder length hair until November 2016 (where he cuts it short and dyes it bleach blond for a film role), so obviously the photo from 2013 is FAKE.

Not sure why you are being antagonistic instead of friendly? This is supposed to be a NIN Fan Forum where people are NICE TO EACH OTHER.
    Is that you, bill? How did you like NTAE and AV?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Is that you, bill? How did you like NTAE and AV?
    nope, bill's been around for a while and has actually been pretty cool for the most part. this person seems legitimately unhinged...

i'm actually fairly certain empire thinks johnny depp and trent reznor are the same person.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm actually fairly certain empire thinks johnny depp and trent reznor are the same person.
    You mean to say they aren't?

Damn, and here I was hoping that TR/MM threesome in Manson's latest video was real.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

No, YOU said the picture is from 2017 and claimed that the Guardian lied about publishing their story in 2013 based on the fact that the photo was taken - again, in your own words - in 2017. I merely pointed out that you were objectively wrong by citing an incidence of the photo being published in 2012. Trent's hair hasn't been chin-length since about the mid-2005s if I recall correctly (I saw them for the first time in 2006 and it was a buzz cut).

I say this with all sincerity, for the second time: if you're not trolling, please get help. I have no reason to dislike you. But your claims are time and again outrageous and often objectively false. If you really believe the things you're saying, then I'm worried about your well-being.
    Last edited by theimage13; 02-16-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I grew my hair out the first time cuz I thought Trent looked like a badass.

Sadly I don't think I ever looked quite as rad.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    No, YOU said the picture is from 2017 and claimed that the Guardian lied about publishing their story in 2013 based on the fact that the photo was taken - again, in your own words - in 2017. I merely pointed out that you were objectively wrong by citing an incidence of the photo being published in 2012. Trent's hair hasn't been chin-length since about the mid-2005s if I recall correctly (I saw them for the first time in 2006 and it was a buzz cut).

I say this with all sincerity, for the second time: if you're not trolling, please get help. I have no reason to dislike you. But your claims are time and again outrageous and often objectively false. If you really believe the things you're saying, then I'm worried about your well-being.
    I think you quoted the wrong person.

@Empire I don't know what's going on with you but I have to wonder how you don't understand that people think you're a troll. You've already had fair warning. Claiming to know information about Reznor yet posting completely inaccurate info seems like you're purposely looking for attention. I moved your posts from nin spotting to your apology thread. Let's get back on topic here and tone down the trolling.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I think you quoted the wrong person.

@Empire I don't know what's going on with you but I have to wonder how you don't understand that people think you're a troll. You've already had fair warning. Claiming to know information about Reznor yet posting completely inaccurate info seems like you're purposely looking for attention. I moved your posts from nin spotting to your apology thread. Let's get back on topic here and tone down the trolling.
    You're right; fixed. Too much travel in one day = groggy commentator.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    Thanks! Looks like a decent embroidery job! Could you post one more showing the whole hat from the front, its hard to tell how big the logo is on the hat. There was a hat like this released in the 90's that had the perfect sized logo on it, I'm sad I never found it to purchase anywhere, I'm hoping this hat's logo is about the same size.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can't wait until the new EP and tour. Really depressed over the Manson show in Huntington Thursday night. Been looking forward to it for over 4 months and then was treated to a total shit show! Trent would never pull that shit...at least not nowadays...Been debating with people on the Manson Reddit, but most of them just defend him blindly and enable him...ive always been a big fan, but after the disaster on Thursday, I'm not sure if I continue being a fan of someone who acts like that with zero apology, explanation or remorse! All I know, is I'm eagerly waiting for some good news from Trent!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    What happened?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What I'm hoping is that NIN are heavily influenced by Rolling Stones for the next EP or album.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Newman View Post
    What I'm hoping is that NIN are heavily influenced by Rolling Stones for the next EP or album.
    Why in the world would you want that?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Why in the world would you want that?
    I think NIN could learn a lot from studying Rolling Stones.