Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2069

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yaaaaaaaas. My body is ready.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Wow, what a lineup. Anyone here been to this one before? Any idea when they release the day lineups?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Has anyone posted a screen cap yet though?

Yeah. But do you need that to feel like its even more real? Tomorrow morning when they officially announce this, youre just gonna be screaming regardless, so............

Also, check the reddit link above, huge thread with whatever you need to satisfy your urge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post

Uh you know this is the festivals 3rd year, right? It wasnt some randomly made up thing.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Is that day for night festival an indoor event? Seems odd to have an outdoor event in December... Or even a festival at all in December. Is festival season slowly extending throughout the whole year now? lol. Just keeps going later and later every year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Yeah. But do you need that to feel like its even more real? Tomorrow morning when they officially announce this, youre just gonna be screaming regardless, so............

Also, check the reddit link above, huge thread with whatever you need to satisfy your urge.

Uh you know this is the festivals 3rd year, right? It wasnt some randomly made up thing.
    Lol that's the suprefan I remember from at ease. Chill, dude. Uh you know other festivals have been going for decades and people troll bs lineups all the time, right?
    Last edited by Kid A; 09-20-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Oh look, its real.

https://t.co/z585Cvf3yL

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This is amazing. Gary Numan in NOLA and then NIN in Houston? Yes! What's a few more hours of driving!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Day for Night is easily one of the best fests in the country. It's half art installation in an abandoned brutalist post office and half music, indoor and outdoor, in Downtown Houston. The location in downtown means there is a ton of nightlife and places to stay, but overall, it's just the most unique fest out there.

Aphex Twin headlined last year.

There is a ton of petty crime at it though since most of it takes place indoors in an abandoned building in downtown, so, FYI. I can't wait.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Can someone here explain to me the "Light" concept of Day For Night? I'm a big fan of expensive visual setups that feature pretty lights exploding in your face, a la NIN 2008, NIN 2013, Roger Waters, Muse, Tool, Amon Tobin. Trying to evaluate if it's worth making the trek from CA....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Can someone here explain to me the "Light" concept of Day For Night? I'm a big fan of expensive visual setups that feature pretty lights exploding in your face, a la NIN 2008, NIN 2013, Roger Waters, Muse, Tool, Amon Tobin. Trying to evaluate if it's worth making the trek from CA....
    The light stuff is separate from the music.

It's an art installation with music.

It's cold and rainy usually. Also cramped and dingy inside. Adds to the experience.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Jesus, it's like they created this festival for me.

Day for Night is both a current snapshot of popular music, as well as a showcase for trailblazers who continue to crossover from fringe to influential. The focus across multiple musical genres is on acts that specialize in an inventive and highly visual approach to performing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So, the festival is the 15-17, but nin.com says 16-17. So, they're playing two nights in a row, then? Not that it matters to me, I won't be going to this one.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    So, the festival is the 15-17, but nin.com says 16-17. So, they're playing two nights in a row, then? Not that it matters to me, I won't be going to this one.
    They are most likely playing one of the two nights, but aren't announcing which one until the single day lineups are announced by the festival.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    (Edit: ^beat me to it)

They probably don't have solid confirmation of which night they are playing yet. This happens with festivals sometimes. Friday is likely a preshow night or has a headliner locked in already

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The FAQ's say limited re-entry...for anyone who has been to the festival what was your experience with re-entry? Can you come and go only in certain areas or for a limited number of times per day? I'll enquire via the website too.

That's one of my beefs with festivals, being unable to leave and return if needed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenorthwood View Post
    The FAQ's say limited re-entry...for anyone who has been to the festival what was your experience with re-entry? Can you come and go only in certain areas or for a limited number of times per day? I'll enquire via the website too.

That's one of my beefs with festivals, being unable to leave and return if needed.
    The first two years you were free to come and go as you please. I assume it’s the same.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by der_wahnsinn View Post
    (Edit: ^beat me to it)

They probably don't have solid confirmation of which night they are playing yet. This happens with festivals sometimes. Friday is likely a preshow night or has a headliner locked in already
    Friday is a “Summit” and just features some lectures.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    Friday is a “Summit” and just features some lectures.
    There are a few performances Friday night also, in addition to the lectures: Kaytranada, Earl Sweatshirt, Jenny Hval, BOOTS, and Saul Williams.

If you're planning on coming to Houston on Friday and aren't interested in that, Gary Numan is playing that night at Warehouse Live, only about 10 minutes away.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    There are a few performances Friday night also, in addition to the lectures: Kaytranada, Earl Sweatshirt, Jenny Hval, BOOTS, and Saul Williams.

If you're planning on coming to Houston on Friday and aren't interested in that, Gary Numan is playing that night at Warehouse Live, only about 10 minutes away.
    Saul's set at Riot Fest was...disappointing. i have no problem with his slam poetry or spoken word, but i absolutely did not think that's what we would be getting at RF. i really thought he was going to be doing music. so just a heads up that he may be doing a similar thing there.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Saul's set at Riot Fest was...disappointing. i have no problem with his slam poetry or spoken word, but i absolutely did not think that's what we would be getting at RF. i really thought he was going to be doing music. so just a heads up that he may be doing a similar thing there.
    I agree 100%. I talked him up to my wife, friend, and our friend's sister in the car on the way there and played a bunch of Niggy Tardust (and List of Demands and Gunshots by Computer) for them, which they responded well to. But then we got there and there were no instruments or other musicians on stage and I was confused. I would have been fine with it had he done the spoken word/slam poetry thing for a while interspersed between songs, but that's ALL it was. I know that's partly his thing, but this was a music festival and I was expecting music, so I was let down. There's a time and a place for that kind of performance for sure, but in my opinion, Riot Fest is NOT it. My wife and our friend hated it and were ready to leave after 20 minutes. Definitely one of the most disappointing aspects of Riot Fest. I was really looking forward to his set. It's a good thing there were so many other great bands there!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Thirded. I made it into RF just as Saul started. I was excited until I realized it was going to be spoken word/bandless and chose to get some overpriced but refreshing lemonade instead (it was so damn hot).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Is that day for night festival an indoor event? Seems odd to have an outdoor event in December... Or even a festival at all in December. Is festival season slowly extending throughout the whole year now? lol. Just keeps going later and later every year.
    The main stage is outdoor, that week last year in Houston the highs were 73 - 80 - 46 - 50 - 62 - 73 - 75 so it's a grab bag. Sure beats the alternative of an outdoor show in Houston at 95 w/ 75% humidity.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    That would explain why I could hear Saul's voice but didn't hear any music while in line waiting to get in.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I wonder if Tyler the Creator and NIN will play on the same night? I guess it's kind of doubtful but I suppose it's possible since Thom York is playing too.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

NIN in Las Vegas October 20th

Last edited by somewhat_; 09-26-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    More surprise NIN show hype!

I just hope they send me a pre-sale link when they do this for any UK shows

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Right ^
    An extra show nearby Houston would make my decision to do dayfornight easier. Come on, hey

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    More surprise NIN show hype!

I just hope they send me a pre-sale link when they do this for any UK shows
    im feeling a bit worried because this is the first time since the self destruct tour that everything was so us biased. Last tour started in Japan and they played Scala in London before any small us shows. Fragility tour started in Barcelona, with teeth tour I saw them at Astoria in London right at the beginning. This is the first tour in an age that has been just US for so long makes me worried they'll do a Tool and just go up and down us coasts every year for a few shows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got email. did everyone get a code?

Hello,

As a loyal customer of the NIN.com store, we are giving you the first opportunity to purchase tickets to see Nine Inch Nails at The Joint in Las Vegas, NV on October 20th.

The presale begins Wednesday September 27th at 10am PST.

Here is your unique, one time use presale code:
    xxxxx

Here is the presale link.

There is a 4 ticket limit per person.

See you in Las Vegas!

-Nine Inch Nails

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    im feeling a bit worried because this is the first time since the self destruct tour that everything was so us biased. Last tour started in Japan and they played Scala in London before any small us shows. Fragility tour started in Barcelona, with teeth tour I saw them at Astoria in London right at the beginning. This is the first tour in an age that has been just US for so long makes me worried they'll do a Tool and just go up and down us coasts every year for a few shows
    That's true, hopefully they'll mix things up with festivals dates around the globes with small support shows for each country.
    I do get though, it's a lot easier and cheaper for them to just play home soil
    That Scala show was awesome mind.