Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Live Speculation

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    If the December thing were to be true, it would be nice if they did it kind of like with teeth where they played clubs/theatres for a few months before hitting the festival/arena circuit. But yes, starting a tour in December does seem odd, especially considering holidays and what not.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It's entirely possible though that if we're gonna dream here we should dream big and hope that this is the long-awaited Nine Inch Noels Christmas album/tour! Dive & slam down the chimney

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Deck the halls with fists and fucking! Tra la la la laa la la la laa.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    This was posted by the guy who stated late last year/early this year that he worked on a crew that worked on the stage show - this was posted on August 3:

"New Nine Inch Nails single announced today, will be released in September, album to follow in early-December. I know for a fact they're touring beginning in Dec."

http://www.inforoo.com/thread/35291/...thread?page=85

Obviously, he fell for the false single information, but that doesn't mean the rest can't be true?
    As someone with a good number of friends from recent NIN tours (not guys who know guys who worked on one show), I can say that I have heard absolutely 100% nothing about any plans for them to tour this year. Not sarcasm. We all keep each other informed about who we're out with, who's on deck, and who we hope we get. Nails haven't been mentioned one single time.

Having said that, you read it here first: Nine Inch Nails are co-headlining the KISS FM Jingle Ball with Selena Gomez this year. Spoiler alert for the main gag: Trent Reznor, dressed as Santa Claus, crooning "I want to feel you from the inside" to a dancer dressed as someone's chimney.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    nobody starts a tour in december.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    nobody starts a tour in december.
    Jesus would.

Heh

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    As someone with a good number of friends from recent NIN tours (not guys who know guys who worked on one show), I can say that I have heard absolutely 100% nothing about any plans for them to tour this year. Not sarcasm. We all keep each other informed about who we're out with, who's on deck, and who we hope we get. Nails haven't been mentioned one single time.
    Out of curiosity, at what point do you usually find out when nine inch nails is touring? Is it when rehearsals begin? How many months ahead of time do rehearsals take place before touring starts?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Out of curiosity, at what point do you usually find out when nine inch nails is touring? Is it when rehearsals begin? How many months ahead of time do rehearsals take place before touring starts?
    In general, whether it's a stadium tour, an arena tour, or just a theater tour, full tech rehearsals typically end right before the tour starts (i.e. they don't rehearse then take more time off before the tour starts). The complexity of the tour and its elements dictate the length of rehearsals, which can be anything from a few days to a month or more. But there's a ton of prep work that goes into a show with a lot of moving parts and custom designs, before rehearsals even begin. It's not uncommon for planning to begin 6+ months before a run even begins.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    NIN live 2016?/2017! As a five piece...?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's a cool photo....but seeing as that's the Festival 2013 line-up in a photo shared by the guy that shot the 2013 promotion, and they all look exactly like they did at that time - hairstyles and all, I'm going to have to wager that's an older shot that just hasn't been shared until now. Also, Ilan's been playing shows and is about to be back on the road with The New Regime, so there's that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    that's too bad, i'd love for Josh Eustis to be back in the band. he was my second fave bass player behind Danny. (sorry Jordie and Pino)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    That's a cool photo....but seeing as that's the Festival 2013 line-up in a photo shared by the guy that shot the 2013 promotion, and they all look exactly like they did at that time - hairstyles and all, I'm going to have to wager that's an older shot that just hasn't been shared until now. Also, Ilan's been playing shows and is about to be back on the road with The New Regime, so there's that.
    I can see why you would think that but why would he wait three years to thank a large group of people and also state this: "Feels good to saddle up again and having this posse of white hats with me "?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm also leaning towards that being an old promo shot from the 2013 festival tour.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quick guys let's compare recent photos of Alessandro's hair-length to that photo and get to the bottom of this whole mess
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 08-29-2016 at 03:37 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2016 Live Speculation

I can see why you would think that but why would he wait three years to thank a large group of people and also state this: "Feels good to saddle up again and having this posse of white hats with me "?
    Of course, someone with an Instagram account could ask the photographer and maybe he will let us know.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 08-28-2016 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Especially after the bogus "Dive and Slam" news leak, I'm fairly certain there's going to be little to no doubt when something major/new regarding NIN is coming out since it will be coming directly from Trent. When something's ready, he'll let us know.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    that's almost certainly an old picture. Alessandro has been traveling around Europe for something like the past two weeks as he's playing at Atonal in Berlin (the same is for Josh, in fact both are playing in Berlin tonight).
    The photographer is the one who shot those pictures:

Last edited by arsenic; 08-28-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    there's actually a three day window in which Alessandro could have flown back to LA, have his hair cut, take this picture and go back to Berlin. Although it is unlikely, it might have happened.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Or this pic from further back in his feed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHjw1Lag30B/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Alessandro did cut his hair very recently.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BJkjp6VARxS/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This might be a teaser photo. As in it is from 2013, but as described in his Instagram message, they are working together again. I'm sure he's not allowed to post current photos from the sessions or the sessions haven't happened yet.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    This old/new photo helped me realize one thing about speculative tours: all I care is if Robin is or is not with the next touring band lineup. Obviously I'll still go to shows if he's not, but it just doesn't feel like NIN live without Robin. He is what was missing at the WT shows I went to, for sure.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    This old/new photo helped me realize one thing about speculative tours: all I care is if Robin is or is not with the next touring band lineup. Obviously I'll still go to shows if he's not, but it just doesn't feel like NIN live without Robin. He is what was missing at the WT shows I went to, for sure.
    It's not a true NIN show unless Robin Finck casually walks across the stage.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    While staring at the audience, completely dead-pan.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i'm with you guys about Robin. His backup "singing" is essential.
    It was awesome to see him on the TDS shows and Fragility and LITS.
    In fact, i don't think i've seen an nin show without him.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    NIN live 2016?/2017! As a five piece...?
    From the caption, that sounds way more like it's just a throwback post, and the photographer is just talking about being glad to be working again and simply chose a random shot from a memorable shoot to go with it. I wouldn't read anything more into it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I think i'm probably reaching a bit here but I sometimes check out who TR is following on Twitter on the off chance it reveals what might be going on, the last band he followed was Mogwai who just seem like exactly the sort of band who he would take on as a support on a US tour. Anyway could be he's just got into them I suppose (I think it would be an awesome UK tour combination too)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I think i'm probably reaching a bit here but I sometimes check out who TR is following on Twitter on the off chance it reveals what might be going on, the last band he followed was Mogwai who just seem like exactly the sort of band who he would take on as a support on a US tour. Anyway could be he's just got into them I suppose (I think it would be an awesome UK tour combination too)
    I've got even further of a reach:

I listen to my local rock radio station on Sunday mornings periodically, as they have a classic alternative show for a few hours - something about having a block of actual good music on terrestrial radio is still interesting to me. Anyways, enough of the justification of listening to the radio.

During a commercial break they were advertising a concert announcement coming at 7:00 am Tuesday. Something about it being super secretive and having to keep his lips sealed until then and how people are going to piss their pants. It will probably be one of the shitty bands they play outside of the "classic alternative" program, but what if?

Btw, they do play plenty of nin during the "classic alternative" session, and last I checked they still play closer every once in a while outside of that program.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    all I care is if Robin is or is not with the next touring band lineup
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    While staring at the audience, completely dead-pan.
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i'm with you guys about Robin.
    Robin Finck is fucking awesome. His stage presence is one of my favorites, even as minimal as it is. It's like there's a lithium-dosed demon astral projecting into him. Killer. Super nice and gracious in person, too. First place guitar face probably goes to Dean Ween* though.

(Last place goes to Adam Jones*, who seems to have had his face stuck in the =| position as a child. I've been to several Tool shows and met Adam several times and it's always the same face. It's true what mothers say.)

*Pics for reference.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who misses Danny being in the group?